Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Being Kind Is The New Fly! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Being Kind Is The New Fly! (1009 Views)

Muslims Make Up 99.5% Of The TSA No-fly-list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being Kind Is The New Fly! by IbroSaunks(m): 10:43am On Feb 29, 2012
another blog post:

The people of the world are wicked, and life is ugly!!!…lol, I know, I started a post on a bad note again, I’m sorry it’s just how I am! The truth really is that there is kindness in the world, and life IS beautiful. However, one cannot ignore the truthfulness of the hardships in life as well. It’s why many times you find people, angry, or sad, or depressed, and sometimes they appear inconsolable! Today though I will not be talking about anger management, I’m sure you can find many articles on it if you have issues with your temperament!
In my life, I make it a point to follow the best example there is, the rasul (messenger) of Allah. His life is a model for all of us, whether we believe in his message or not. Many times we let the hardships of this world get to us, which is perfectly normal, and we feel anger or depression. But it also slowly makes us wicked to one another. For example, someone may approach us seeking our assistance and the type of look and reply we give them is enough to give them an aneurism on the spot! It’s like we want to take them, slap his/her face, cut his eyes, give him kwara 11 tribal marks with a gigantic Excalibur sword, scrape his head with the same sword and chase him away!! But I’m sure most (if not all) times that just stays in our head, at least I hope it does! If it doesn’t, please let me know so I can avoid you forever!!!
But we shouldn’t be harsh unjustly. I share this fault too, and it’s something you and I should work on. The prophet was the kindest of individuals. He was kind to the rich, the poor, man and woman, kids, adversaries and even animals! There was a time he was angry because his wives asked for extra allowance, and ‘Umar approached him and said “When we were men of the Quraysh, we controlled our women and subdued them, but when we became men of Madinah, the women learnt the behaviour of their Madinah counterparts and now control us!”. The rasul simply smiled at ‘Umar as he continued, despite the anger. Many of us today would just say stuff like “gerrout” to the person, and the person would refrain from joking with us again. Imagine how many potentially good friends we have lost due to our unkind behaviour.
The prophet used to treat everybody like he loved them the most, and this endeared him to everybody around him, believing and unbelieving. People listened to his message, and he became the ruler of the world due to this behaviour. Be kind, so people can love you and stand up for you when you need them. I’m not saying “don’t be angry”, we are only human. But use your anger in the right manner. You will see that people would listen to you when you talk, and would respect you at all times. This is the moral of today’s story! May Allah make it easy for us to be kind and loving! Thank you for reading, and feel absolutely free to comment and point out errors in my writing, as I know there are many! I’m not the best writer, but I am trying to be.

http://ibrosaunks./2012/02/29/being-kind-is-the-new-fly/
Re: Being Kind Is The New Fly! by maclatunji: 6:07am On Mar 10, 2012
Salam Alaykum Ibrosaunks. What happened? You decided to go on hibernation? I hope everything is okay with you.
Re: Being Kind Is The New Fly! by IbroSaunks(m): 10:51am On Mar 10, 2012
Egbon mac!
i knew that when school starts it would be difficult for me to write. I'm just going through stuff right now. I will try to write something soon enough though. Please make du'a for me that this last semester works out well.
Re: Being Kind Is The New Fly! by maclatunji: 12:26pm On Mar 10, 2012
I was just checking on you, school is important and I encourage you to focus on it. May Allah crown your efforts with unmitigated success (Ameen).

(1) (Reply)

A Story With A Moral (A Must Read) / Yaumul Arafah. / The Narration That Allah's Apostle Never Beat Anyone Is False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.