Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Set Theory - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Set Theory (740 Views)

Waec 2016 Book Keeping Obj And Theory Answers - Expo / JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right / U Nid Runs/expo 4 Ur Waec May/june 2011 Both Theory & Objective Read This: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Set Theory by Dariye(m): 12:08pm On Feb 29, 2012
pls who can help me interprete this, i would solve the answers myself.
Re: Set Theory by Dariye(m): 12:13pm On Feb 29, 2012
A team consists of 22 players, each of them are able to play in midfield,defence and attack.

the number of players who can play in the midfield only is twice the number of those who can play in attack and midfield and two more than the number who can play in attack only.
The number of players who can play in defence and midfield is twice the number that can play in midfield and attack, while the number who can play in defence only is the same as the number who can play in only.
If all the players who can defend and attack can also play in midfield and 14 can play in only one position. Find the number of players who can play in
1. All the three positions
2. Attack
3. Attack and defence
4.defence and midfield
5.defence or attack
6.midfield and attack but not defence.
Re: Set Theory by jidesp(m): 6:01am On Feb 05, 2015
Dariye:
A team consists of 22 players, each of them are able to play in midfield,defence and attack.

the number of players who can play in the midfield only is twice the number of those who can play in attack and midfield and two more than the number who can play in attack only.
The number of players who can play in defence and midfield is twice the number that can play in midfield and attack, while the number who can play in defence only is the same as the number who can play in only.
If all the players who can defend and attack can also play in midfield and 14 can play in only one position. Find the number of players who can play in
2. Attack
3. Attack and defence
4.defence and midfield
5.defence or attack

How did you eventually solve the question, please tell me
Re: Set Theory by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 01, 2015
Dariye:

2. Attack
3. Attack and defence
4.defence and midfield
5.defence or attack

Somethings seems to be missing in the question, I think I may be able to solve it If I get it. What is the position after the emboldened?

(1) (Reply)

Did U Use Dis Book During Ur Primary Sch Days? / Dirct Entry Closing Date / Obafemi Awolowo University: Why These Long Time Admission List Post? I'm Tired.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.