Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,035 members, 7,863,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:51 AM

Too Loud? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Too Loud? (566 Views)

silent,solemn Prayer Or loud,aggressive Prayer? / Lagos Orders Churches To Remove Loud Speakers / Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Too Loud? by TisaBone: 6:57am On Mar 02, 2012
Ok, so i'm in the church choir, which I really love, because I want to use my god given abilities to praise God. Although I listen to secular music, if I were to ever make a living as a singer, I refuse to sing worldly music.

I was at choir rehearsal, and i have a very loud, strong voice.(think loud like tina turner or patti labelle) So the one of the altos (the section I sing in) told me I was singing too loud and to tone it down a little bit. For some reason this hurt my feelings, because I was singing from the heart, and I was not trying to upstage anyone, but I felt that she was jealous and intimidated of my vocal prowess. To make a long story short, I acquiesced just to keep the peace. But in the future, I don't know what to do or say, because I feel like I' m somehow being told not to put my all into singing, and not to do my best so that others can feel better about themselves.

Are my hurt feelings justified? Should I really tone down my singing?
Re: Too Loud? by Kslib(m): 8:43am On Mar 02, 2012
Well,the best you can do is to sing at your best.If you feel singing at a low key is making you not to sing at your best,then you just have to explain it them.Of what use is singing,if it doesn't gives you joy?
Re: Too Loud? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 04, 2012
Kslib:

If you feel singing at a low key is making you not to sing at your best,then you just have to explain it them. Of what use is singing,if it doesn't gives you joy?
I'd say the same.

(1) (Reply)

African Traditional Religion (atr) Come In Here / Nigerians Might Judge GOD! / Bishop Oyedepo Denies Slapping Girl, Courts Seeks Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.