Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

I Need A New Gear Box For My 1999 Nissan Primera Se - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Need A New Gear Box For My 1999 Nissan Primera Se (3414 Views)

SOLD SOLDRegistered 2003 Toyota Corolla,600k( Needs New Gear Box And Body Work ) / SOLD! SOLD!! Abuja| 1999 Nissan Altima @ N380K...about to go.... / Selling Engine Control Units(brain Box) For All Cars With Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need A New Gear Box For My 1999 Nissan Primera Se by FlyboyZee: 8:31pm On Mar 03, 2012
I drive a 1999 Nissan Primera SE with an automatic transmission. I have owned the car for about two years now. The problem with the car is that the gearbox makes a kind of noise resemble that of two metals clanging together inside the gear. This happens whenever I hit the throttle pedal hard to gain speed. I have also noticed that the car hardly accelerates when it shifts into second gear.

I am kinda mad at the car, not that its a bad car, but I like my car to respond as fast as I want it and when I wish it to do so. Please, I need help and advice on what to do because I am loosing my mind and head over this car and feel like I should just set the car on fire each time I drive it.
Re: I Need A New Gear Box For My 1999 Nissan Primera Se by sultaan(m): 11:12pm On Mar 03, 2012
Its called engine mount, some call it rubber.I'm not sure if cars have transmission mount, but have your mechanic look at it.

Pic below is what they look like you have one on each side of engine.

If yu look you will see that the rubber in the middle it damaged so the clunking when you accelerate/upshift or downshift

Re: I Need A New Gear Box For My 1999 Nissan Primera Se by nickxtra(m): 3:38am On Nov 22, 2017
sultaan:
Its called engine mount, some call it rubber.I'm not sure if cars have transmission mount, but have your mechanic look at it.

Pic below is what they look like you have one on each side of engine.

If yu look you will see that the rubber in the middle it damaged so the clunking when you accelerate/upshift or downshift
Am having exactly the same issue currently with my Nissan Primera. Plagues I don't understand your explanation and the picture.

(1) (Reply)

Toks All Black Exquisite 06/07 ML350 At 3.5million Negotiable / Clearance Sales!! 07 Tokunbo RANGE ROVER Sport HSE Is Going For Just 3.7m / price slash!!!!!!! Over Clean 2014 Ix35 For Cheap......you Cant Miss It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.