Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,617 members, 7,955,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:09 PM

Rsa Pin Generator - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Rsa Pin Generator (3051 Views)

Download All Phone Number Generator, Imei Tweaking And Bb Imei Gen. For Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rsa Pin Generator by oie(m): 2:33pm On Mar 05, 2012
checkout my design of the month : the ultimate RSA pin generator,completely eliminates any user interaction and runs the processing in the background while you attend to other tasks

Re: Rsa Pin Generator by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Mar 05, 2012
I am sorry but that is not clear at all. What exactly is that thing doing? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Rsa Pin Generator by Mobinga: 7:29pm On Mar 05, 2012

What the hell does that thing do?
Re: Rsa Pin Generator by oie(m): 3:56pm On Mar 06, 2012
The process of generating personal identification numbers(PIN) for clients registered to the PFA(Pension Fund Administrator) I work for involves pulling up an asp.net page,going through a series of clicks and confirmations before retrieving a PIN for just one investor.Imagine doing these for over 500 clients.Thats where the above application comes in,it automates the identified processes by enabling you load all the investors' IDs from an excel file and retrieving their respective PINS through a single click of a button.

1 Like

Re: Rsa Pin Generator by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Mar 06, 2012
So, the ASP.NET application could not be consolidated into one simple form, like this one?  undecided Given the details you have provided here, I am still at loss as to the intention here? You could have done the same with the ASP.NET file, and honestly, I guess the forms design and lack of detail really throws one off. Like there are 9 buttons on that form there. Which one exactly does it all for you with just one click?
Re: Rsa Pin Generator by kiranatama: 8:09am On Mar 07, 2012
I have generated RSA key in windows machine using Puttygen and used that key to access server. Now I am working on Linux machine. Can i used Puttygen generated key in Linux machine to access the server? Please help me.
Re: Rsa Pin Generator by oie(m): 9:00am On Mar 07, 2012
Bear in mind that the asp.net application wasn't designed by me,the designers have a patent for it. The conventional means of generating an RSA (Retiree Savings Account) pin involved logging into this application,performing a series of clicks and form filling before submitting.This application incorporates a web browser control that performs all the interactions on behalf of the user.Imagine sitting back and having an application redirect your browser to www.yahoomail.com,filling in your username and password,waiting for your profile to load before composing your mail and sending to a supplied email address without your intervention at all.This is the same scenario here. For now the most important button on that form is the "GENERATE BUTTON" which initiates the automated process.The others are all self explanatory

1 Like

Re: Rsa Pin Generator by Kobojunkie: 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2012
^^^ Is it possible that even though you seem to have a one form solution here, you could do better by re-designing it to be more intuitive. I am looking at that thing and I can't seem to figure out which button to click first  . . . in fact, if I were to test that for you, I would start clicking away at any of the 9 buttons in hopes that one of them will probably do what I need in the end. That is bad design.

Having all functionality on just one form is not the goal of good design. Separating processes into various views be it by using multiple forms, tabs, or accordion style drop downs is necessary to give the user the idea that even though the units are related, there is some sort of order to them. Your form there is just too busy that it is hard to make sense of what one is to do at first.
Re: Rsa Pin Generator by oie(m): 8:31am On Mar 08, 2012
I think that is one area I would like to review,you made a point there and I greatly appreciate your constructive critique,I should go straight forward to making the UI more intuitive. I would like to ask if u are a programmer/app developer and wonder if it's ok if we continue this correspondence on this forum. I am Ikenna Onyenuforo living in Lagos Nigeria.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Rsa Pin Generator by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2012
I am here on nairaland much of the time as I am logged on to it 24/7 and can respond to posts appropriately.
Re: Rsa Pin Generator by Fuzz: 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
How long should PIN numbers be? or how long are they normally? I see some with 12 digits (apart from the PEN) and i see some with more and less.

Plwase help clarify.

(1) (Reply)

Vb6.0 Code / How Can I Build An Android App Without Being A Software Developer? / Free Training: C# And .net Core

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.