Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open (12275 Views)

Police Parade ‘fake Soldiers And Car Thieves’ In Lagos (Pictured) / How He Was Harassed By Soldiers And Police For Helping Accident Victims / Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Nabbed In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by BWK: 10:20pm On Mar 05, 2012
Womanising Nigerian fraudster hijacked identities of soldiers and nurses to open 725 bank accounts in £1.3m benefits swindle
A womanising fraudster who hijacked the identities of soldiers and nurses in a £1.3million benefits plot has today been jailed for six years.

Chibuikem Uzoma-Ubani, 29, persuaded several lovers to help him launder the profits from the swindle that targeted tax credits and Sure Start maternity grants.

Denisa Camacho, 28, of Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire, and Katrina Papiernikova, 27, of Romford, Essex both had relationships with Uzoma-Ubani, after arriving in the UK from Slovakia and were accused of turning a blind eye to his activities.

zoma-Ubani, of Romford, Essex, married Camacho married in 2004, then divorced her and had two children by Papiernikova.

The women both insisted they knew nothing about his crooked schemes and were both cleared of money laundering, but a third lover Ornela Miguel, 26, admitted the offence.

Uzoma-Ubani and fellow Nigerian Leonard Nwannenah, 33, of Dagenham, Essex, opened a ‘bewildering’ 752 bank accounts using the names of hard-working medics and members of the armed forces over a six-year period.

The pair were jailed for six years each while Miguel was handed a three-month sentence, suspended for 12 months.

Nwanneneh’s younger brother Okechi Nwannenah, 30, of Dagenham and Okechi’s wife Jennifer Okonkwo, 29, also allowed their bank accounts to be used to launder the proceeds.

Okechi was conditionally discharged for 18 months while Okonkwo will be sentenced later.

Prosecutor Peter Finnigan QC said the gang netted at least £665,000 and would have made £1.3million had all of the bogus applications for benefit payments been successful.

He said: ‘This case concerns the sophisticated and professional fraud operation which went on for a number of years.

‘This was done by targeting the UK’s benefit system and by cheque fraud.

‘They used a bewildering number of post office and bank accounts which numbered in the hundreds.

‘Some of the accounts were in the names of the fraudsters themselves, some were in the names of others who were willing to help them, and yet others were in the names of identities which had been hijacked by the fraudsters.

‘They did not get away with everything they tried because fraudulent applications were weeded out

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2110555/Womanising-Nigerian-fraudster-used-identities-soldiers-nurses-open-725-bank-accounts-1-3m-benefits-swindle.html#ixzz1oHOs4Hiv
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by reindeer: 10:54am On Mar 06, 2012
For the sake of Nigerians in the UK, these fraudsters shold be jailed for a minimum of 50years.
Let them have 25years in a british jail and the the last 25years in a maiduguri prison.
these scums are making life hard for the honest Nigerian traveller.
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by BinghiNya(m): 12:47pm On Mar 06, 2012
The Igbos and the love of money. grin
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by DAY12(m): 12:48pm On Mar 06, 2012
^

wink
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by room702(m): 12:50pm On Mar 06, 2012
BinghiNya:

lmao

1 Like

Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2012
Now that's what u call hustling. Get it by any means necessary
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by kizito96(m): 12:54pm On Mar 06, 2012
Nigerians are becoming more sophisticated in their crime. Too bad for the country
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by humblebee: 12:56pm On Mar 06, 2012
, it runs in d blood
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by ichidodo: 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2012
I wil take 6 six years 4 dat instead of dat yiriba class a drug traffica doin 30 years or mmumumutalab life sentence. At least wit 6 years, i can come back quickly enuf and enjoy my loot. Hahaha. Ichi bu onye igbo.
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by ichidodo: 1:10pm On Mar 06, 2012
reindeer:

For the sake of Nigerians in the UK, these fraudsters shold be jailed for a minimum of 50years.
Let them have 25years in a british jail and the the last 25years in a maiduguri prison.
these scums are making life hard for the honest Nigerian traveller.
Na wa 4 u o! How u expect a full blooded igbo man 2 carry last? We kno dey do am, instead d smart dude must gotten a very gud to plead his case hence he goin do quick time. Some dumb yiriba dude is doin 30yrs 4 a lighter crime.
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by LEXYLOV: 1:21pm On Mar 06, 2012
BinghiNya:

Stop your tribalism bigot, If Nigeria done something wrong lets talk about it as a Nigeria not to say anything about his ethnic background. sad
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by yemmight(m): 1:26pm On Mar 06, 2012
Why always Ibos? angry angry sad sad shocked shocked
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 06, 2012
Madness
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by Skywalker5(m): 1:28pm On Mar 06, 2012
ichidodo:

Na wa 4 u o! How u expect a full blooded igbo man 2 carry last? We kno dey do am, instead d smart dude must gotten a very gud to plead his case hence he goin do quick time.  Some dumb yiriba dude is doin 30yrs 4 a lighter crime.

why do you have hatred on other tribes? I have seen your last post somewhere and you just love to hate other tribes. This Naija dude committed a crime and you think he is smart for doing 6 years? Come on man, Listen to your self. and to top it off, you think he is smart because another guy from another tribe is doing longer years?. So whats your point? that he is smart enough to continue beating the system?
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by babsjnr(m): 1:29pm On Mar 06, 2012
Within 4yrs she will be out british legal system is suck
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by Skywalker5(m): 1:29pm On Mar 06, 2012
Cant you all accept he is a Nigerian and stop talking about his tribe?
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by dohome: 1:31pm On Mar 06, 2012
So Nigerians are not tired of getting their names stained with all these corrupt practices, all in the name of making cool money as the jeopardy of other well meaning citizens. I tell you very soon Nigerian would not be allowed into any foreign countries anymore. it will soon happen
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by ifihearam: 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2012
Come to fink of it,its the ibos that dents the image of our dear country outside the shores of nigeria with their fraudulent lives.
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by onyewec3: 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2012
@oworonsoki, how is it dat u re so stupid to post such comment, does love of money attributed to igbos only? If yes, abiola stole nigeria money,bola ige because of money joined PDP led govt as power minister,abraham adesanya and bola ige took money frm abdulsalam to scuttle june 12,arisekola also took bribe to frustrate MKO's dream,wat abt olabode george,shina rambo d world greatest thief, av u forgotten recently dat most murder cases and rape cases in d UK and US are yorubas, ehn answer me nw, if yorubas dnt like money y not tell dose ur area-boys to leave d bus stop! Shame on u.
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by Akintola11(m): 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2012
The latest instalment of 'This Week in Nigeria'-Thousands mourn at Ojukwu’s burial, Nigerian Football Federation faces examination, Guinness Nigeria continues to grow & much more!

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-ojukwu-buried
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by yemmyma: 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2012
Igbokwenu!
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2012
ichidodo:

I wil take 6 six years 4 dat instead of dat yiriba class a drug traffica doin 30 years or mmumumutalab life sentence. At least wit 6 years, i[b] can come back quickly enuf and enjoy my loot. Hahaha. Ichi bu onye igbo. [/b]

You wish, which loot? They will trace every single penny of that money and recover it.
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by sucessful1: 1:42pm On Mar 06, 2012
Hello guys,
I noticed that majorities here are uk residence.

pls I need help,Am visiting london for one night
I love to hang around peckham as I have heard
a lot about the place.

can anyone recommend a nice and cheap B&B OR hotel
for me pls,prefarably in south east london(peckham)arriving
from dublin to stansted,I may need to take a taxi from there
to peckham.

arriving on the 24 and departing on 25 of this month.
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by dripstoil: 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2012
These are the reasons I founded http://wealthresult.com to teach Nigerians how to do ligitimate business.

If that is all I can achieve, I'll be pleased with it. Pls tell everyone you know about http://WealthResult.com

It's for Nigerians and from a Nigerian!
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 06, 2012
Can we all ju is st freaking shut the eff up for once?

For crying out loud this dude is a Nigerian.
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by phreakabit(m): 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2012
[size=18pt]If this thread made the frontpage. How the hell did the one quoted below miss making it? You "sons and daughters of filth" are a bunch of amala brained morons! [/size]

High_Chief:

Mods, Pls can we have this thread on the front page to create more awareness to our youths who might be gearing up to tow same path.

This thread could serve as a deterrant.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-886501.0.html

Thanks
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by phreakabit(m): 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2012
Lets see how you slowpoke breeders enjoy this thread about your paedophilic son. I wonder if it will make front page too. A tribe of paedophilia addicted monkeys.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-887500.0.html
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by Skywalker5(m): 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2012
phreakabit:

[size=18pt]If this thread made the frontpage. How the hell did the one quoted below miss making it? You "sons and daughters of filth" are a bunch of amala brained morons! [/size]

erm this made front page. If you notice,most of the crime do not report Nigerian on Nairaland's website grin grin grin grin grin. Its states the full name of the person undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by ak47mann(m): 2:03pm On Mar 06, 2012
Another Naija, Afolake Awoyemi, Was Nabbed In John F. Kennedy Airport New York, Who Claimed She Was 3 Months Pregnant, Only For She To Be Few Days Pregnant With 25 Pellets Of Heroin, How Much Does It Worth, $20,000 !!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

cheap woman only 20k shocked
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by Muttex(m): 2:04pm On Mar 06, 2012
so shame omo nna, igbo yii sha, charity begins at home
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by iykay4455(m): 2:05pm On Mar 06, 2012
I am just wondering why anti-igbo news stories are always quickly put up on the homepage.It seems these so called moderators are motivated by tribalism when deciding what to put on the homepage.
Re: Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open by ak47mann(m): 2:06pm On Mar 06, 2012
MOD you going to lose you credibility's very soon don't think people are not seeing your-dodgy ways cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Navy Arrests Retired Soldier With 400kg Hemp In Kogi / Gun Violence At A Festac Club / Families Of SARS' Victims: Only Justice, True Reform Will Ease Our Grief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.