Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

What Is The Meaning By "the Child Is The Father Of The Man" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Meaning By "the Child Is The Father Of The Man" (11296 Views)

Hilarious - When The Child Is As Poor As His/her Parents / The Meaning Of Recently Found Word "Demonym" / Purpose Gives Your Life Meaning By Mike Brescia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning By "the Child Is The Father Of The Man" by nairo: 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2007
pls tell
Re: What Is The Meaning By "the Child Is The Father Of The Man" by maziigwe(f): 9:25pm On Oct 28, 2007
its a paradox. avery child must grow to become the father of another child who will become a man. do u get it? u were a child, now u r a man. one day u will have a child

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning By "the Child Is The Father Of The Man" by yicob(m): 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2007
eyin lo n di akuko
Re: What Is The Meaning By "the Child Is The Father Of The Man" by Purist(m): 10:40pm On Oct 29, 2007
In my own understanding, when the child is now a full grown adult and his father has become very old, he now assumes the responsibility of taking care of him.  Thus, he (the child) becomes the "father" of the man (his father).

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning By "the Child Is The Father Of The Man" by lordss(m): 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2007
@Purist u are very correct
Re: What Is The Meaning By "the Child Is The Father Of The Man" by conda00410(m): 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2007
still remember vividly, that paradox was among the questions i answered while in my first year as a psychology undergraduate,
maziigwe:

its a paradox. avery child must grow to become the father of another child who will become a man. do u get it? u were a child, now you're a man. one day u will have a child
SECOND her, she is correct,
Re: What Is The Meaning By "the Child Is The Father Of The Man" by keyne(f): 12:57am On Dec 09, 2009
Purist:

In my own understanding, when the child is now a full grown adult and his father has become very old, he now assumes the responsibility of taking care of him.  Thus, he (the child) becomes the "father" of the man (his father).
this is very correct,my literature teacher was always stressing it.
Re: What Is The Meaning By "the Child Is The Father Of The Man" by ochuksisreal: 4:17am On Dec 09, 2009
D best & correct answer 2d question is d one d man Purist gave, u should give him %100 full mark.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning By "the Child Is The Father Of The Man" by SwtzMinx(f): 5:52am On Dec 09, 2009
.dey r both right, it jst depends on hw u look at it,

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning By "the Child Is The Father Of The Man" by Seun(m): 1:45pm On Mar 13, 2010
It is just a nice sounding quote-worthy marketing phrase that really doesn't mean anything.
Re: What Is The Meaning By "the Child Is The Father Of The Man" by Yommy247(m): 12:13am On Mar 14, 2010
nice one
Re: What Is The Meaning By "the Child Is The Father Of The Man" by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
SwtzMinx: .dey r both right, it jst depends on hw u look at it,
are u on zoborodo or somtin? How can they both be correct? Purity's explaination is wot it means.

(1) (Reply)

World Bank Grants LASU 7million Dollars Funding / Good Gre Training Centres In Lagos Or Ibadan / 80-Year-old Pa Amodu Graduates From LASU With 2nd Class Honours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.