Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Access Bank Plc: Apathy Or Empathy For Their Staff - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Access Bank Plc: Apathy Or Empathy For Their Staff (979 Views)

Nigerian Youths Are A-pathetic (apathy-people Who Don't Care!!!)..is It True? / ARIK Staff, Grace Utum Missing Since 1st Of January / PHCN Says Governor Wamakko Beat Their Staff With Whip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Access Bank Plc: Apathy Or Empathy For Their Staff by rawmeat: 5:53pm On Mar 07, 2012
I worked in Access bank for a few weeks and I experienced what it is to be USED and OVERWORKED with a low pay. I used to get home most time around 10p.m, though I am lucky because some others get home 12a.m in the midnight and still resume before 7/7:30a.m.
The reason why I am posting this is what happened to a friend of mind who is used to be a staff of Intercontinental bank(now Access bank). He left his office around 11:30p.m, got home around past 12 midnight. Other friends are complainning about the same bank and the complaints are similar-overstretching and overworking their staffs and late closing from work. There are other banks that make more profit, have more customers but do not overworked their staff like Access bank. Okay, let me tell my friends and loved ones to resign abi? If they resign, how do they get another job. Before and after Access bank acquired ICB fully, more than one thousand people lost their jobs either through being fired, retired, retrenched or resignation. Access bank is taking advantage of the insensitivity of the CBN to the welfare of Nigerians working in banks and the irresponsibility of govt to create more jobs. I bet you, if people have options, the banks would beg people to work because most people detest the idea of working and working with no time for oneself, family and friends.
My fellow Nairalist, I believe in the power of the pen being sharper than the sword and in the power of social media in bringing about change. Please let us speak against the aparthy and insensitivity of Access bank. Some of you may have friends and loved ones going through something similar, let us speak with one voice, Let us spread the message on this site, Facebook, Twitter and other sites. Let us use the power of typing to bring about justice. Access bank can decide to change the current system by employing more Nigerians thus reducing the workloads on their current staff, please start the change!

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Be Nairaland's 1 Millionth Member? / Sad! :( / Nigeria's Boko Haram 'controls' Damboa In Borno.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.