Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,904 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? (5280 Views)

Download 5 Free Ebooks - PHP, CSS, Fireworks, Dreamweaver And Javascript / Help Pls!! How Do I Connect Oracle With Dreamweaver Using Php Server? / Dreamweaver vs FrontPage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? by wisepluto(m): 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2012
I need a fast and efficient platform to design beautiful dynamic websites, just between joomla! and dreamweaver, which is better? Sane suggestions please,
Re: Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? by alaribe22(m): 4:55pm On Mar 08, 2012
Dreamweaver is a WYSIWYG(what you see is what you get) software while joomla is an open source content management program, If you are new in web development, and not ready to hard code a dynamic website, i would advise you to use joomla, which would help you in you php, database management, and even give you access to already created samples, plus it is free, But if you are experienced, and want the fun of hard coding the whole site yourself, dreamweaver or even the basic notepad++ would be ideal for you
Re: Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? by wisepluto(m): 5:39pm On Mar 08, 2012
@Alaribe, tnx 4 that piece, but whilst using joomla, i'd need to install a local server(wamp), am getting chocked there,
Re: Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? by delomos(m): 7:54pm On Mar 08, 2012
alaribe22:

Dreamweaver is a WYSIWYG(what you see is what you get) software while joomla is an open source content management program, If you are new in web development, and not ready to hard code a dynamic website, i would advise you to use joomla, which would help you in you php, database management, and even give you access to already created samples, plus it is free, But if you are experienced, and want the fun of hard coding the whole site yourself, dreamweaver or even the basic notepad++ would be ideal for you
^^ this pretty much answers the question, other "software" you can look at that could do the job (also are popular these days) are Wordpress(http://wordpress.org/) and Drupal (http://drupal.org/).
Re: Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? by alaribe22(m): 3:15pm On Mar 09, 2012
.wisepluto:

@Alaribe, tnx 4 that piece, but whilst using joomla, i'd need to install a local server(wamp), am getting chocked there,
what os are you using? If you r using windows, what version? The general method for windows is this: First, install iis, this is the default server for windows, , then install firefox. Installing iis makes the computer open its localhost port, after this, you can uninstall the iis and install wamp, dont forget to select firefox as your default wamp browser, And note that even after uninstalling iis, the inetpub folder in the c directory remains, Please ask questions if you need more help.
Re: Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? by kodewrita(m): 7:35pm On Mar 09, 2012
alaribe22:

what os are you using? If you r using windows, what version? The general method for windows is this: First, install iis, this is the default server for windows, , then install firefox. Installing iis makes the computer open its localhost port, after this, you can uninstall the iis and install wamp, dont forget to select firefox as your default wamp browser, And note that even after uninstalling iis, the inetpub folder in the c directory remains, Please ask questions if you need more help.
just to correct you, there is no need to install iis to access port 80. Just install wamp and open your firewall settings. Open exceptions and allow the wamp service to send and receive traffic on port 80. That's all
Re: Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? by alaribe22(m): 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2012
kodewrita:

just to correct you, there is no need to install iis to access port 80. Just install wamp and open your firewall settings. Open exceptions and allow the wamp service to send and receive traffic on port 80. That's all
kodewrita:

tried dt on vista, bt it didnt work,
Re: Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? by kodewrita(m): 7:41pm On Mar 10, 2012
Been using it for close to 3 years now, trust me it works. The worst is that user account control keeps piping up every time I launch wamp otherwise no issues.
Re: Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? by Adexy4us(m): 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2012
@kodewrita pls am havin a broken links on ds joomla sites www.websoluteng.com wat can u suggest pls
Re: Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? by Amee1(m): 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
We have Wampserver 2.0, 4.0 and 5.0. Does with win vista. All u need is install wamp in ur computer. Double click ur C: drive. Search 4 folder www . Double click d folder. Then create a sub folder mywebsite. Search 4 index file and locate it to mywebsite. Then launch ur dreamweaver and make ur newsite with the C:\ localhost\mywebsite\. Tips 4 developer.
Re: Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? by PrinceOvie: 2:51pm On May 09, 2013
Always code with Adobe Dreamweaver cs6 cos it aids better and faster connectivity to mysql database..
Re: Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? by madelinekim(m): 11:46am On May 27, 2013
If you want to design an effective website then you should use adobe dreamweaver which is the best designing tool which I have ever seen before, it includes lots of advanced tools and features to design valuable website layout.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help Guys Please How Can I Remove My Ucbrowser From Data Saving Mode / My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) / Need Help, Howto Export All Email Addresses On Mdaemon Mail Server:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.