Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,682 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? (7956 Views)

Ahmed Mazloum Represents Nigeria On Kilimanjaro Mountain / . / Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by mimi234: 11:59am On Mar 09, 2012
Just curious.

When you go to Nigeria for holidays with your family how long do you stay? Would you say two weeks is too short??
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by tanimola22: 2:11am On Mar 22, 2012
mimi234: Just curious.

When you go to Nigeria for holidays with your family how long do you stay? Would you say two weeks is too short??

It depends. If you've never been to Naija, then 2 weeks should seem like a day. However, if you visit naija all the time, then 2 weeks should not be too short. I stayed for close to 3 months the last time I went. I have been away for close to two years now. By the grace of God, nothing will stop me from entering Naija very soon. Haha. Are you planning on visiting? smiley

T22
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by DisGuy: 12:19pm On Mar 22, 2012
2-3 weeks, I dont have a family

all depends, if you are working, a student or self employed/unemployed
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by FBS: 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2012
1 month. ATTG!
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by mimi234: 7:24pm On Mar 29, 2012
Wow T22 3 months just for holiday! Yeah I'm planning to go..hmmm.
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by tanimola22: 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2012
mimi234: Wow T22 3 months just for holiday! Yeah I'm planning to go..hmmm.

Yeah, it's not too long if one had not gone to naija in a while.

I hope you have also managed to secure a place for NYSC.

T22.
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by FBS: 8:20am On Jun 14, 2012
One month gidigba! cheesy
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by r231(m): 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2012
lowest 1 month

highest 3 months
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2012
It depends on my status outside naija,

If its to renew passport, visa, etc my stay depends on when these items are available. I count that as holiday.

2. To visit my folks and friends? 2 weeks max.

1 Like

Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2012
Only been there once with family, and was 4 weeks.
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2012
So people still live abroad ? That's absurd.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by Fhemmmy: 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2012
Billyonaire: So people still live abroad ? That's absurd.

Lol . . .
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by norrisman: 3:51pm On Jun 14, 2012
Since I left 10 years ago, I have been back 4 times and the longest I have stayed is 12 days. I enjoy it when I am in the country (suya, old friends, charcolit chicken cheesy) but the security situation always makes me countdown to the when I leave from the day I arrive! The fact is I never go on holiday to Nigeria, I always go for a reason e.g. my wedding, my mums birthday, my friends wedding. I go on holiday to more exotic places.

I think 2 weeks is more than adequate provided you are not trying to do stuff like,the decking of the house you are building, obtain a new passport, collect your transcript from some university in rural Ekiti state e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by naijacann: 3:54pm On Jun 14, 2012
@Billyonaire, u dey craze.
For me, the last time I visited was last dec. I stayed 7 wks mainly in the east
navigating between Owerri,PH and Umuahia. I was in Owerri(the entertainment hdqtrs of the south) 80% of the time, banging, fcukng and screwing as many IMSU, Polynekede and Alvan girls as I could get- a total of 27 girls by the way I bonked. Its expensive though. I'm thinking of going again next yr; target will be 50 girls for 8 wks. What a sweet world.
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by Fhemmmy: 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2012
naijacann: @Billyonaire, u dey craze.
For me, the last time I visited was last dec. I stayed 7 wks mainly in the east
navigating between Owerri,PH and Umuahia. I was in Owerri(the entertainment hdqtrs of the south) 80% of the time, banging, fcukng and screwing as many IMSU, Polynekede and Alvan girls as I could get- a total of 27 girls by the way I bonked. Its expensive though. I'm thinking of going again next yr; target will be 50 girls for 8 wks. What a sweet world.

What an achievement . . .

2 Likes

Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by Fhemmmy: 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2012
norrisman: Since I left 10 years ago, I have been back 4 times and the longest I have stayed is 12 days. I enjoy it when I am in the country (suya, old friends, charcolit chicken cheesy) but the security situation always makes me countdown to the when I leave from the day I arrive! The fact is I never go on holiday to Nigeria, I always go for a reason e.g. my wedding, my mums birthday, my friends wedding. I go on holiday to more exotic places.

I think 2 weeks is more than adequate provided you are not trying to do stuff like,the decking of the house you are building, obtain a new passport, collect your transcript from some university in rural Ekiti state e.t.c

A friend once said that he cant go to Nigeria on vacation, cos you never get the chance to really relax.
He prefers to go to the Caribbean countries to chill, but i differ, however, lately i am beginning to agree with him, i only like the idea that while relaxing, mixing it with buz is not bad as well
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by queensmith: 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2012
i dont actually go often, last time was 3 weeks and that was too dem long. This time i'm keeping it short and sweet 12 days (and that even sounds long).

Fhemmmy:

A friend once said that he cant go to Nigeria on vacation, cos you never get the chance to really relax.
He prefers to go to the Caribbean countries to chill, but i differ, however, lately i am beginning to agree with him, i only like the idea that while relaxing, mixing it with buz is not bad as well

soo true- going to nigeria is definitely not a holiday.
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by Fhemmmy: 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2012
queensmith: i dont actually go often, last time was 3 weeks and that was too dem long. This time i'm keeping it short and sweet 12 days (and that even sounds long).

Na wa oh.
i will spend a year in Nigeria if i have the opportunity . . . . cool . . . But all for business oh.
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by queensmith: 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Na wa oh.
i will spend a year in Nigeria if i have the opportunity . . . . cool . . . But all for business oh.

You don't have to be there to run a business well (though it's advised) you just need trustworthy people.
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by MacLovington(m): 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2012
Holiday with family: 2 weeks usually. Enough fun for the kids before it gets boring and start asking of their friends abroad.

Other visits: 10 days to 6 weeks. Depends on reason for going.
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by Fhemmmy: 4:19pm On Jun 14, 2012
queensmith:

You don't have to be there to run a business well (though it's advised) you just need trustworthy people.

Depends on the kinda business . . . Nigerians will burn you to your bones when you are not around, but dont get me wrong oh, there are great people in Nigeria that are still trustworthy, but finding them takes fasting and praying . . . cool
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2012
I plan visiting soon buH! won't stay more than 2wks
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by GboyegaD(m): 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2012
I have not visited and my girlfriend is already planning a long vacation for me in Nigeria not even considering if I am willing to stay that long or otherwise.

As for my eldest sister and her husband, the shortest was when they came in on a Saturday morning because they had a delayed flight and the husband went back on sunday the following day and her on monday. I felt so crazy about the idea although they claimed it ws a cheap ticket cos the husband then works for an avaition firm or so and that the son wouldn't sleep if the dad doesn't rock him to bed but now, I think it was because she came to pick up her renewed passport. There was a time she came and spent 2months though.
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by jawjaw1: 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2012
I am looking forward to going home (at least for 3 week) by the end of the year. Intend to spend sometime in Nigeria and a neighbouring country.
Just hoping 3 weeks will be adequate to spend quality time with my family.
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by stunna2(m): 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2012
i'm currently here in naija and i find 4weeks to be adequate! but family n friends will eat up most of that time anyhow...
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2012
I am going home in a couple of days and would be spending 8 weeks. I am looking forward to it. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by Fhemmmy: 4:45pm On Jun 14, 2012
naijasexy: I am going home in a couple of days and would be spending 8 weeks. I am looking forward to it. cheesy cheesy cheesy

That would be nice . . . Cos before you relax and spend time with family and see some places that has not been seen in a while, 2 months is almost nothing.
Next time i go with my wife, i am sure will be a great time and probably longer
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by manuch(m): 6:01pm On Jun 14, 2012
i think three weeks is ideal
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by pslm23(f): 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2012
I haven't been to Nigeria in 4 years. it's sad that the last 2 times i went was to bury my dad and mom sad For my dad's burial i spent a total of 3 weeks...(the funeral lasted a whole 2 weeks!! haba! and the deceased family are required to be there at all times....! For my mom, i only spent 10 days in the East because i didn't have enough vacation and personal days left.
I would just love to visit and spend like 15 days not for funeral or wedding or naming ceremony, but just to hang out with my family and friends, drink tea from mai shayi, eat suya, eat mamput, eat correct home made bitterleaf soup, ukazi soup, beans and plantain, rice and stew, jellof rice, akara, moi moi, ijebu bread (and chew stone in the process smiley )......hmmmm! I'm seriously homesick oh! but by God's grace, Naija will feel my footprint come December! smiley
Travelling home can be fun but at the back of your mind you're also praying that armed robbers won't attack you, or you won't fall into the hands of trigger happy policement looking for "kola", or you won't have accident, or plane won't fall on your house while you're in it, or boko haram won't decide to visit your neighborhood or even that snake won't bite you, etc....
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by Fhemmmy: 6:59pm On Jun 14, 2012
^^^^ Someone was cracking a joke today that now to cross a street in Nigeria, you have to look at the right and left for vehicles, your back and front for okada and up for plane before you cross the road, laffed but seems like na true oh . . . Lol
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by omega25red(m): 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2012
all the people who go for 3 months, dont you have a job you have to get back to? or are you actually allowed to take such a long vacation.
Re: How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? by tEsLim(m): 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2012
Its getting worse back in Naija and if you are gone for too long could be very boring. 2 weeks is enough and you get tired of nepa and buying petrol/diesel. Sometimes all your friends are really not there anymore. For example I can count 10 of my friends who left. And the one remaining busy hustling. The only time is the first 3days when you just came and they are there to search your baggage for gifts the ones you want to give out and the ones you don't. Nothing happening down there unless you got an enterprise running while you where offshore. But when you travel again you are quick to miss naija. Mostly the food and speaking your mother's tongue if you don't live amongst Nigerians abroad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can I Get Europe VISA With 200K / Finally I Got My Visa! / Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.