Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:52 AM

What Do I Do - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Do I Do (799 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do by designfemi(m): 8:27am On Mar 12, 2012
Hi there,
I notice that my sites viewed well after hosting on systems but the arrangement is distorted in mobile view.
What do i do to correct this. Do i need to add a code to my code to maintain the mark up in any view.
Please, i need ur prompt response.
Re: What Do I Do by yawatide(f): 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2012
1) I strongly advise that you have 2 separate sites - 1 serving mobile and the other serving desktops
2) If #1 above isn't an option, then you need to write your code with fluid layouts in mind.
3) If #2 above isn't an option, you mind posting a screenshot of the "distorted view" so we here can figure it out? Chances are that some width is causing the distortion but I won't conclude until I at least see a screenshot

p.s.: Sorry my late response - the latest nairaland doesn't allow (yet) for "mark as read". As a result, I have way to many new threads and it is easy to skip over (what I consider to be) relevant threads as you go down the list.
Re: What Do I Do by sisqology(m): 2:25am On Mar 13, 2012
A mobile version of your site would do.
Re: What Do I Do by doncigalo: 10:06pm On Mar 13, 2012
yawatide as usual is on point...wot ur looking for is called a RESPONSIVE design. It involves numerous techniques, amongst them is using % instead of px, use of flexible layouts through media queries in CSS3 and fluid images as well.

As she said post a screen shot so dat we can have a look..
Re: What Do I Do by designfemi(m): 6:16pm On Mar 14, 2012
Thanks for the response.
Just like i said, it is the mobile view that is distorted, misarranged and disturbed.
How please do i make a mobile view of my website.
Pleeeeeeeeeeese.
Re: What Do I Do by DualCore1: 6:26pm On Mar 14, 2012
designfemi: Thanks for the response.
How please do i make a mobile view of my website.
Pleeeeeeeeeeese.
I don't think you were patient enough to even read and understand the responses.

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Need Help On This Dreamwaver Problem. / Need Help Designing My Blog / I Am Giving Out An Html Tutorial Ebook For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.