Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,180 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

HELP - Anyone RECEIVE A Moneygram From Someone? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / HELP - Anyone RECEIVE A Moneygram From Someone? (6159 Views)

How Can I Receive Money Through Western Union Or Moneygram From Other Country / Outward Western Union (First Bank) & Moneygram (UBA, Union Bank): An Experience / How Do I Receive Money Via Western Union Money Transfer/moneygram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP - Anyone RECEIVE A Moneygram From Someone? by kellogg9: 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2012
Just wondering what MoneyGram receipts show on them... I was planning on sending money to a friend in Nigeria but i wanted to keep my personal address information (and MoneyGram location i sent it from) that might be on that MoneyGram "Send Money" form from being visible on his end when he gets the receipt alongside the money.

So does this MoneyGram receipt he gets when he picks up the money show the MoneyGram location where i sent the money from, and/or my personal address information that i provide to create the moneygram (to send money)?

I called their customer service desk and they weren't sure if it shows or not which is why i figured it was best to ask someone who has received money this way or have family members in Nigeria who have and has a receipt they can check. Ideally if you can post a scan of the receipt too that would be great to see.
Re: HELP - Anyone RECEIVE A Moneygram From Someone? by Damolux01(m): 11:50pm On Mar 12, 2012
Iτ doesn't show anything of such...the receiver wuld just have to fill two forms which contain the full name( both sender and receiver) country, test question and answer...all u nid to tell the receiver is just your name(used when filling). Reference ₪o(8 digit), amount and the country....hope this helps...any oda questions...ask!
Re: HELP - Anyone RECEIVE A Moneygram From Someone? by kellogg9: 12:12am On Mar 13, 2012
Damolux01: Iτ doesn't show anything of such...the receiver wuld just have to fill two forms which contain the full name( both sender and receiver) country, test question and answer...all u nid to tell the receiver is just your name(used when filling). Reference ₪o(8 digit), amount and the country....hope this helps...any oda questions...ask!

Have you specifically ever received a MoneyGram from someone? I spoke to a MoneyGram agent on the phone just now and seems to be confusions (no one is sure). This is specific to the "invoice receipt" the receiver gets alongside his/her money AFTER they provide the proper reference #. When i called a local store (here in Canada) they said "YES" the receiver (in Nigeria) does see the MoneyGram location it was sent from (here in Canada) and my personal address (also here in Canada) once they pick up the money in Nigeria. The agent on the phone wasn't sure at all and said it could be either way (show this information or not).

This is why i would like to get confirmation from someone who has indeed received money AND also got a receipt along with it....For those people: what exactly is shown on that receipt (your receiver's end).

Do you by chance have a copy of a receive receipt (or a friend/family) so i can see for myself? Remember: I am not talking about the receipt the "sender" gets (i fully expect the Moneygram location and my personal info on that) but am talking about the receipt the "receiver" gets. What exactly is shown on that?

Thanks for your additional help.
Re: HELP - Anyone RECEIVE A Moneygram From Someone? by kellogg9: 2:18am On Mar 13, 2012
bumped for more replies, please.
Re: HELP - Anyone RECEIVE A Moneygram From Someone? by kellogg9: 4:04am On Mar 13, 2012
Damolux01: Iτ doesn't show anything of such...the receiver wuld just have to fill two forms which contain the full name( both sender and receiver) country, test question and answer...all u nid to tell the receiver is just your name(used when filling). Reference ₪o(8 digit), amount and the country....hope this helps...any oda questions...ask!

Again, just to clarify i am not talking about the "Receive Form" the receiver fills out. I am talking about the receipt the receiver gets AFTER getting the money. What is shown on THAT receipt.
Re: HELP - Anyone RECEIVE A Moneygram From Someone? by RichDad1(m): 11:12am On Mar 13, 2012
No receipt given except the duplicate of the receiver's form.
Re: HELP - Anyone RECEIVE A Moneygram From Someone? by progressmi(m): 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
Can one open moneyground acc in nigeria ?

(1) (Reply)

Apapa Mall Steps Out With New Shoprite Store. / NAICOM Approves Recapitalisation Plans Of 44 Insurance Companies, Rejects 6 / Lagos Generates N14b Tax Monthly –fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.