Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Yahoo Status On The Site - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Yahoo Status On The Site (2380 Views)

See What A Boy Wrote On His Status On Facebook ( Photo) / Yahoo Boy Runs Mad In Lagos; Jumps Out Of His Range Rover And Tears Clothes -Pic / Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo Status On The Site by Zahymaka(m): 12:57am On Mar 24, 2006
I was very happy when I saw that oga Seun had started showing online status of those of us with a Yahoo Id. It didn't take long for my happiness to dissipate. I realised there were lots of troublesome elements around. I've been disturbed by people who want one thing or the other, asked where black strippers could be got in Nigeria and all sorts of questions. I'm almost permanently invisible now. I hate it though, that my friends do not know when I'm online nowadays.

I know Seun meant well by doing this but can nairaland members please respect others' right to privacy and pm only if asked to or if the matter is urgent?
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by hotangel2(f): 1:07am On Mar 24, 2006
Perfectly explains why i took my YIM away from my profile. I had a yahoo messenger crisis like 1 week ago, i don't need it anymore.
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by Zahymaka(m): 1:10am On Mar 24, 2006
I still leave mine on but I set a feature in my yahoo preferences to show all messages from people not in my address book in only window. Whenever I want to chat with someone I met online, I always ask if the person doesn't mind, or if I'm disturbing him/her -- if only everyone would ask nicely.
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by hotangel2(f): 1:14am On Mar 24, 2006
hunnie, there are 18528 members on here. Even when you are offline on NL, they can see if you are online on Messenger (talk abt invasion of privacy). So you espect them to all ask you for permission even when you are not online on nl? Well it's a good way of communication, if you don't mind the pestering. I feel safer with it not on my profile. Complaining is just not gonna help.
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by Zahymaka(m): 1:25am On Mar 24, 2006
miz hot-angel I think e-mails are even worse -- and you have your e-mail on your profile. What makes it even worse is that your e-mail is a yahoo address. You can still be pestered [it's not so hard to know your id from your e-mail address] - careful, sweetie.
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by hotangel2(f): 1:31am On Mar 24, 2006
Actually, i don't think i have any problem with my email address being on my profile. Not so many people click on my profile, plus even if they do, they won't know if i am online or not unlike the one you have. So you see, i still win. What i don't want is when they know im online. geddit? Plus that big whole thing beside my name, just not soo fashionable i guess. It's BIG. embarassed

Again, if they send emails, i can read them and not reply (not that i will do that lipsrsealed), but if they send PM's, and i don't answer em, they'll know im there but ignoring them. Again i win. yay me! cheesy
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by Seun(m): 1:33am On Mar 24, 2006
The worst topic to discuss on the Nairaland Forum is Nairaland itself. Should I remove the YIM feature now?
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by hotangel2(f): 1:34am On Mar 24, 2006
i won't say you should remove it. Anyone that doesn't want the attention it brings can just take their ID away from their profile. Simple enough i guess.
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by Zahymaka(m): 1:34am On Mar 24, 2006
That would be nice. PMs are better -- as long as they don't go to the user's email.
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by hotangel2(f): 1:35am On Mar 24, 2006
Well except of course you'll bring PM back. wink But if i know you, i don't think u are thinking abt doing that, talk more doing that.
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by Zahymaka(m): 1:36am On Mar 24, 2006
Some people might have genuine questions they need to ask me when I'm online -- and there's no way I'll release my email address [except the spam catching one on my domain] so I still want then to lnow my yahoo id.
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by hotangel2(f): 1:38am On Mar 24, 2006
u do realise that your yahoo id plus yahoo.com or yahoo.co.uk equals ur email address right? wink
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by Zahymaka(m): 1:52am On Mar 24, 2006
No -- I use one of the less known ones [I won't tell]. I thought about all those when I got my e-mail address.
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by hotangel2(f): 1:53am On Mar 24, 2006
I can make you tell u know? cheesy
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by Zahymaka(m): 1:55am On Mar 24, 2006
Ha ha ha. Only my younger brother and my dad have my e-mail address -- that should tell u how secretive I am.
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by hotangel2(f): 1:56am On Mar 24, 2006
i can still make you tell if I want to. smiley
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by Zahymaka(m): 2:07am On Mar 24, 2006
You're free to try. I only give out my spam-catching e-mail to people I don't know or for subscriptions.
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by Skidoc(m): 2:38am On Mar 24, 2006
I think it's ok for now, if more people complain then maybe we see the end of it?
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by 2cantango(f): 3:00am On Mar 24, 2006
I think people will always find something to complain about
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by Seun(m): 5:08am On Mar 24, 2006
It's always best to discuss Nairaland with me by email!
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by diyobdw(f): 9:41am On Mar 24, 2006
AM complianing too!!
i had to take it off my profile cos some boring and irritaing fellow have been disturbing me too.
Seun:

It's always best to discuss Nairaland with me by email!
HMmm, if you start replying me i will resume send'g you mails again!
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by Seun(m): 9:51am On Mar 24, 2006
You asked for a detailed reply. That takes time. sad
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by diyobdw(f): 11:47am On Mar 24, 2006
Thats not the only mail i av sent sir! cry
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by Hotstepper(f): 8:26pm On Mar 25, 2006
having the same problem
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by Zahymaka(m): 8:46pm On Mar 25, 2006
Let me give you guys some tips. Set your preferences in Yahoo messenger to disable Yahoo sites showing your online status. That way, only people on your messenger list see you. Unfortunately, people visiting my blog won't know when I'm online or not because it uses the same method as nairaland.
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by Seun(m): 8:52pm On Mar 25, 2006
Jusr remove your id from nairaland if you don't want Nairaland members to contact you.
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by diyobdw(f): 12:40pm On Mar 27, 2006
NO pls!! i want it there but not obviously placed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by Seun(m): 2:54pm On Mar 27, 2006
Ok, perhaps I'll have to look for a way to fix this. Should I make it so the yahoo status indicator is displayed only when you are online on Nairaland?
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by Zahymaka(m): 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2006
Yes -- that's good Seun. I hereby declare that Seun rocks. I also declare that he rules. Seconds?
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by 2cantango(f): 5:29pm On Mar 27, 2006
I'll second that! Seun is far too unappreciated here in NL angry
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by diyobdw(f): 6:21pm On Mar 27, 2006
YES!!Please Oga seun!!
Dont mind your advocators afterall you knowhow Nairaland users feel about you!!
@2cantango
NO 3rd term here! Nairaland will always be SEUN's cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy No contest!! no campaign !!no cake to share!! grin grin grin
Re: Yahoo Status On The Site by larger20(m): 7:43pm On Mar 27, 2006
Very good idea. No one is forcing u to put ur ID here. if u dont like it , take it out and keep ur mouth shut

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Hardest Foreign Languages To Learn / This Picture Makes Me Sad! / Daddy Freeze's Clap Back Vs The Beef Between Ja Rule And 50 Cent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.