Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

The Serpent, The Snake - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Serpent, The Snake (673 Views)

GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) / 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite / Be Wise As 'serpents'. Really? But Satan is the 'Serpent! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Serpent, The Snake by Alylola: 10:39pm On Mar 13, 2012
Hello everyone!

as a christian, I have been told that people who use snakes in their rituals are devil worshipper for the snake is the serpent of the garden of Eden; it used to have another shape but because of the curse in Genesis, the serpent has been turned into a snake; I believed that and no one could really tell me about the exact shape of the serpent before the curse until I came across the verses below:

Revelation 12:9
This great dragon—the ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, the one deceiving the whole world—was thrown down to the earth with all his angels.

Revelation 20:2
He seized the dragon—that old serpent, who is the devil, Satan—and bound him in chains for a thousand years.

in the verses above, it is the "dragon" that is mentioned; we know that the curse in Genesis turned the serpent into snake; we also know that a dragon looks like a dinosaure; nowaday we don't see dragons nor dinosaures, they've all disapeared mysteriously; and if the dragon is the serpent as the Bible states, could it be that the real explanation of this disapearance is the one given in the Bible? have dinosaures and dragons been turned into snakes? because if we refer to the curse in Genesis, women still give birth with pain, man still struggles to get his daily bread, is the snake(cobra and others) the devil? are snakes the one making people of the world to lie, steal, kill,...? the snake?
Re: The Serpent, The Snake by buzugee(m): 10:50pm On Mar 13, 2012
the serpent in the garden of eden was not a real snake. it was a man of a different race and a different spirit. he was put on earth to be the wicked one. i will not mention names. and the apple is his doctrine. so it wasnt a snake or an apple.

(1) (Reply)

Men Of God And Their Appearances / If You Could Ask God One Question, What Would That Be? / Is There Any Differece Between Jehovah And Allah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.