Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Fake Gtbank Online Site - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fake Gtbank Online Site (10092 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / Gtbank Online Banking Charges? / Gtbank Online Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Gtbank Online Site by dipo1: 8:52pm On Mar 15, 2012
These fraudulent spoofpages are meant to mislead unsuspecting Gtbank customers to give away their login details. Its very much like the real Gtbank site but the address in the address bar when you click it shows its not Gtbank. Many will fall for this cos its really close to the real webpages. If you fall for this, your account could be emptied in seconds

when you click one of the gtbank link from the above pic, it takes you to :

The address in the above is http://gtbanupdate1.tk/ which means an insecure connection. The http should be https

BE CAREFUL

1 Like

Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by xtremeidea(m): 2:21pm On Mar 16, 2012
Na wa o!!! Maga Must pay!!! Naija at it again!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by mkmyers45(m): 2:22pm On Mar 16, 2012
Thanks for the info.
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 16, 2012
dipo+:

BE CAREFUL
_
Please don't tell me there're still people using Windows XP!
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by Knorkastur: 2:44pm On Mar 16, 2012
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2012
Am Tired of all these scammer messages in my Mail Box... Don't know how to stop them from sending me all this messages
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by gegee(m): 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2012
yahoo boys no dey tire!!
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by creativino: 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2012
Halleluyaa!

Thanks for the update!
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2012
I thank God i don't have Gtb acct neither any of my family member.
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by DualCore1: 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
Windows XP Professional is the most stable Windows OS known to man, animal and winches.

GTBank should revamp their user interface, its now common to see fake lookalikes everywhere.
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by dani1luv: 3:00pm On Mar 16, 2012
dipo+:
These fraudulent spoofpages are meant to mislead unsuspecting Gtbank customers to give away their login details. Its very much like the real Gtbank site but the address in the address bar when you click it shows its not Gtbank. Many will fall for this cos its really close to the real webpages. If you fall for this, your account could be emptied in seconds

The address in the above is [b]http://gtbanupdate1.tk/ which means an insecure connection.[/b] The http should be https

BE CAREFUL

I tried the website na. .and the "forgot your password" link aint working grin grin
chai ibo boiz grin grin grin grin
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by gegee(m): 3:00pm On Mar 16, 2012
yahoo boys no dey tire!
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by Afam4eva(m): 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2012
I recieve messages almost everyday in my email from these buffons.
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by Seun(m): 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2012
Never click a link to log into a secure account like a bank account. Type in the url yourself.
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by Afam4eva(m): 3:16pm On Mar 16, 2012
Seun: Never click a link to log into a secure account like a bank account. Type in the url yourself.

Well said.
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by samyng(m): 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2012
Seun: Never click a link to log into a secure account like a bank account. Type in the url yourself.
True
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by JUO(m): 3:31pm On Mar 16, 2012
i use windows xp with office2010. how about that?
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by folowo(m): 3:35pm On Mar 16, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]may God deliver us from bad 9ja guys
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by ASOROCKb(m): 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2012
Over
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by uju22(f): 3:43pm On Mar 16, 2012
tanx for d info
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by jidewin(m): 4:25pm On Mar 16, 2012
Good job poster and God bless you richly.The advises and exposes you bring unto this forum is saving many people as you can imagine someones life's saving been wiped clean by some sons and daughters of the devil.
2 thumbs up for you.
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by samyng(m): 4:51pm On Mar 16, 2012
I THINK THE BEST THING TO DO ABOUT THIS IS TO HAVE AN ACCOUNT WHICH YOU SHOULD USE AS YOUR WALLET ACCOUNT TO DO YOUR ONLINE PURCHASE OR ATM TRANSACTIONS.. BECAUSE WITH THE LOOK OF THINGS AM NOT SURE NIGERIA IS REALLY READY WITH THIS CASH LESS THING AS WELL ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO SO MANY PEOPLE WHEN ATM FIRST CAME OUT HERE IN NIGERIA.. BUT WITH TIME THE BANKS WOULD UPGRADE THEIR SECURITY TO PROTECT THEIR CUSTOMERS.. MAY BE A YEAR TIME OR LESSER , THAT'S AFTER THEY HAVE LEARNT FROM MISTAKES.

SO I GO ADVISE PEOPLE OO GET ANOTHER ACCOUNT THAT YOU CALL YOUR WALLET ACCOUNT BEFORE THE BANKS USE YOUR ACCOUNT TO LEARN HOW TO FIX THEIR SECURITY CHALLENGE
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by godfadda6(m): 4:52pm On Mar 16, 2012
please guys take this seriously, I was a victim oh! He pain me but wetin man go do! I opened the site, filled in everything like a "mumu" i even called GT connect and the foolish agent said it was from them, well to cut the story short, things are happening!

OP thanks for the advice, guys please be careful with ur details, moral of the story1
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by purplekayc(m): 5:03pm On Mar 16, 2012
I don't use the site thank god
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by free2ryhme: 5:07pm On Mar 16, 2012
SimonAndal:
_

and whats is wrong with window xp. it is actually the best and compatiable with microsoft word
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by vanstanzy(m): 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2012
This crooks are getting really sophisticated by the day and GTBank management aint doing much about it. Could it be that they are compromising as well? Just asking!
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by timbros(m): 5:12pm On Mar 16, 2012
samyng: I THINK THE BEST THING TO DO ABOUT THIS IS TO HAVE AN ACCOUNT WHICH YOU SHOULD USE AS YOUR WALLET ACCOUNT TO DO YOUR ONLINE PURCHASE OR ATM TRANSACTIONS.. BECAUSE WITH THE LOOK OF THINGS AM NOT SURE NIGERIA IS REALLY READY WITH THIS CASH LESS THING AS WELL ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO SO MANY PEOPLE WHEN ATM FIRST CAME OUT HERE IN NIGERIA.. BUT WITH TIME THERE THE BANKS WILL UPGRADE THEIR SECURITY TO PROTECT THEIR CUSTOMERS.. MAY BE A YEAR TIME OR LESSER , THAT'S AFTER THEY HAVE LEARNT FROM MISTAKES.

SO I GO ADVISE PEOPLE OO GET ANOTHER ACCOUNT THAT YOU CALL YOUR WALLET ACCOUNT BEFORE THE BANKS USE YOUR ACCOUNT TO LEARN HOW TO FIX THEIR SECURITY CHALLENGE

Nice suggestion! I'll go reactivate my dormant Access Bank Account asap...maybe use it as my "wallet account"
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by striker07(m): 5:19pm On Mar 16, 2012
I almost fell into the hand of this fraudulent people.the management of GT Bank needs to do something about it
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by dipo1: 5:23pm On Mar 16, 2012
godfadda6: please guys take this seriously, I was a victim oh! He pain me but wetin man go do! I opened the site, filled in everything like a "mumu" i even called GT connect and the foolish agent said it was from them, well to cut the story short, things are happening!

OP thanks for the advice, guys please be careful with ur details, moral of the story1

So sad to hear that you fell victim. We can only imagine how many GTBank customers have also fallen for this. We must tell spread the word and inform as many people as we can reach as many people just are not as internet savvy to detect a fraudulent page from a real one.
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by jspac(m): 5:42pm On Mar 16, 2012
samyng: I THINK THE BEST THING TO DO ABOUT THIS IS TO HAVE AN ACCOUNT WHICH YOU SHOULD USE AS YOUR WALLET ACCOUNT TO DO YOUR ONLINE PURCHASE OR ATM TRANSACTIONS.. BECAUSE WITH THE LOOK OF THINGS AM NOT SURE NIGERIA IS REALLY READY WITH THIS CASH LESS THING AS WELL ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO SO MANY PEOPLE WHEN ATM FIRST CAME OUT HERE IN NIGERIA.. BUT WITH TIME THE BANKS WOULD UPGRADE THEIR SECURITY TO PROTECT THEIR CUSTOMERS.. MAY BE A YEAR TIME OR LESSER , THAT'S AFTER THEY HAVE LEARNT FROM MISTAKES.

Confrim!
Re: Fake Gtbank Online Site by Siga: 6:20pm On Mar 16, 2012
free2ryhme:

and whats is wrong with window xp. it is actually the best and compatiable with microsoft word

Exactly wat i was gonna say....wat has OS got to do with stupid webpage....

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Returns To Profit As It Overcomes $1billion Nigeria Fine / National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. / Staldek7/Fedupnigerian - A MUST READ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.