Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

"My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? (8084 Views)

Ii / What's The Title Of This Song Please / "oh I Hate To See You Go" Wedding Song - Please Remind Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by t4cash(m): 10:24am On Mar 24, 2006
I heard thiis song a month ago on the radion and really loved it. Unfortunately I havent heard it since then.

Please if anyone knows who sang it/ where I can buy it in lagos, kindly drop the info. Thanks.
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by t4cash(m): 9:03pm On Mar 28, 2006
I heard this song again on Cool FM Radio and I was just goin nuts. I sooo love it.

I am sure it will become an anthem amongst Nigeria guys eventually.

So I went in serious search for it (as you guys on Naira land de slack). Finaly got the disk from my friend who is a DJ. The song has been on my PC since today.

Apparently its by a chick called ANGELICA. Its real title is MY NAIJA GUY. Its not out yet. ITs only available as a promo copy. She is with Kingsley Ogoro Records. The song is from her upcoming album called also "MY NAIJA GUY". Here is the link to the info (very scanty)  http://www.kingsleyogoro.com/kkcomingsoon.html

And for guys who can't visit the site, here's her pic. I will try to get the lyrics and paste  them too (for my homies abroad). I can't post the song (that would be piracy) but I am sure if anyone contacted Kingsley Ogoro through the site (his email is there) he will get it across to them.

Nigerian music has truly arrived.

Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by t4cash(m): 1:58am On Mar 29, 2006
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO POST NR. 15 FOR THE CORRECT LYRICS I RECEIVED LATER!!!!!!!!!

My NAIJA GUY by Angelica- T4cash (i.e Incorrect) version

Oh!  Yeah!

(Verse 1)
I know what some girls are thinking (you’re all the same)
And you’re not worth dying for (it’s such a shame)
They’re bad. They will break your heart (and leave you sad)
Nigerian guys
Will make you mad
But stop! Wait! I don’t agree with you (because things have changed)
I don’t want to know who’s lying to who (we all make mistakes)
I love him the way he is (I’m here to stay)
Oh baby,
Just close your eyes
And take my hand

(Chorus )
My NAIJA GUY! (Oh!)
Thinking of you blows my mind and makes me high (hiiiigh!)
A nwu o la mu ooo!
NAIJA GUY! (NAIJA GUY! Oh!)
If you want to touch the sky (if u want to touch the sky)
The feeling is so right (the feeling is so right)
I love you NAIJA guys
My NAIJA GUY! (Oh!)
Thinking of you blows my mind and makes me high (hiiiigh!)
I wo ni m’o fe!
If you want to touch the sky (if u want to touch the sky)
The feeling is so right (the feeling is so right)
I love you NAIJA guy

(Verse 2)
Nothing wey you talk fit make me change my mind
(At all, at all
At all, at all o!)
Cos I’ve gone far and wide and still I could not find
The kind of guy I’d like to spend my whole life with
That kind of guy
I would like to spend my whole liiiife

When I go for London, for there
I meet Sir Branson,
I come go for Yankee, for there
I meet Mel Jackson
But no be say these guys no set or
Maybe say them pepper no rest but
Who wan fit compare
with My NAIJA GUY

Chorus

Electric Guitar Interlude

(Verse 3)
Chukwuma, Haruna, Onyema, O’tega
My NAIJA GUY!
Tunde, Ade, Sule, Ebube
My NAIJA GUYS!
Elohor, Agogo, Dipo, Bimbo
My NAIJA GUYS!
Femi, Remi, Yemiiii
My NAIJA GUUUYS!

Kingsley Ogoro and Segun Arinze
My NAIJA GUY!
Sammie Okposo and Ramsey Nouah
My NAIJA GUY!
Rugged Man, Jazzman, Trybesmen, Dare, Tuface, Faze, Blackface
My NAIJA GUY! My NAIJA GUUUY! (My NAIJA GUUUUY! Oh!)

Basket Mouth and Ali Baba, Una be
My NAIJA GUYS!  (Oh! A nwu o la mu o!)
Kola Munis and RMD
My NAIJA GUYS! (NAIJA GUYS, OH!)
Olisa
Jimmy Jatt
Humility
?Latavy
It doesn’t matter who you are
You’re all my
NAIJA GUUUUYS!

Chorus (Till Fade)
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by t4cash(m): 2:16am On Mar 29, 2006
I have listened closely and the above is roughly what i can make of the song. Some parts I can't make out well *but maaaan, its 2 a.m.! I gotta go to bed. Corrections fit come later. If any one get correction, abeg PM me. The arrangement is what makes the song good as well.

Apparently, It was arranged by Sammie Okposo.
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by KK: 3:59am On Mar 29, 2006
I saw the music video today on AIt. I was blown away. Naija music industry has gone international oh. The music video looked like something produced for Ciara or J-lo. It was directed by Kingsley Ogoro himself. that guy na wah oh,
Also the girl fine oh and well endowed,
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by Deepop(f): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2006
are you guys freaked about the song or the physical apperance
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by Deepop(f): 11:50am On Mar 29, 2006
are you guys freaked about the song or the physical apperance  of the girl
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by t4cash(m): 1:04pm On Mar 29, 2006
Deepop,
Na wa o, for the Nigerian woman and her opinion of our men.
She's not a knock out in the pic now.
From the posts, I obviously tripped after heard the song before I ever saw her pic. And I have not still seen her music video.
Have you heard the song? Hope you will, and then post something more meaningful.
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by Deepop(f): 1:20pm On Mar 29, 2006
wats the big deal about this music video angry have watched the music video several times and i see no difference undecided with other music videos.the arrangement might be good coolbut come to think lipsrsealed of it the song makes no meaning
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by t4cash(m): 2:23pm On Mar 29, 2006
Music is art. The beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
You are certainly free to think any song as useless.
Thanks for your opinion, love. And having given it, please I hope you shall move along.
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by Deepop(f): 3:11pm On Mar 29, 2006
music is a means of passing an information to people. tell me one information she passed across lipsrsealed
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by Blackgirl(f): 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2006
Honestly, thats your own opinion my brotha, i can't beef you on that. but before you go on, stop and ask yourself if celebrating the Naija guy is not a good message being passed accross. if you ask me, i think there's a strong message there; let's appreciate ourselves as naija peeps. thats what she's basically saying.

again, what message was Tuface passing accross in African Queen asides from the fact that he was saying 'celebrate the arican woman'. and dont forget, he won the MTV award. Kapish?
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by icepeak: 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2006
much as music is meant to educate as well as entertain, music no be ducumentary.
I never hear the song. which stations is it Playing or showing?
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by balash(m): 5:34pm On Mar 30, 2006
WELL WETIN I FIT TALK ABT THIS MUZIC WELL FIRST THE PERSON THT BOUGHT UP THIS TOPIC FIRST TO U T4CASH ABI NA WETIN U CALL UR SELF I UNDERSTAND U MY GUY U DEY TRY TO PROMOTE THE GIRL I KNOW SAY U KNOW HER THT UR OWN CUP OF TEA?THEN TO DEEPOP ABI NA WETIN U CALL UR SELF SEF U DONE DEY CRAZE SMALL SMALL SAY U KNOW SHA NA because SHE BE WOMAN LIKE U THTS WHY U DEY JELOUS HER ABI MAKE U TOO GO SING UR OWN NAW I FIT GIVE U TITLE NAW U FIT CALL AM UR NAIJA CHICKEN OR UR NAIJA GOAT shocked? AND TO BLACKGIRL U DA BOMB GIRL MORE GREASE TO UR ELBOWS LET US ALL SUPPORT OUR CULTURE FOR UPLIFTMENT OF DA COUNTRY WELL AM OUT PEEPS HAVE A NICE TYME PEACE OUT
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by Deepop(f): 6:36pm On Mar 30, 2006
balasa or whateva you call yourself angry if i dey craze,then it mean say you dey kolo embarassed tongue i cant blame you,i blame nairaland for allowing animals like you to log in angry
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by t4cash(m): 1:33pm On Mar 31, 2006
For the record , I did not know who this girl was before I started the thread. The title should have made this obvious.

I had contacted the Kingsley Ogoro records for the correct lyrics and update. They promised immediately to get them for me. They sent it today with this further info:

Attached is the lyrics.

The video is now on all stations and will commence on music africa (Silverbird) from friday 31st march and on MTV base on Wednesday 5th april.
Also check out silverbird entertainment news on sunday 2nd april and on Nta Network entertainment news saturday 1st or everyday on channels showtime at 10am.

by the way, the lyrics for the Music video is different and we will eventually adapt that as the one that goes on the album. the difference is that she expunged the names of role models.

A short one minute demo of the song will be release in our site soon www.kingsleyogoro.com

She will also be in Dublin from the 21st April where she is performing at the premiere of our lastest movie "WIDOW" starring stella aboderin

regard

I could edit the previous lyrics I wrote (Aba-made) with these original one, but I've decided to leave that one for posterity and as an accurate record of how this thread progressed (moreso as they said it was edited) and just post the original here. (I accurate small for my version, abi I murder the lyrics?)

[b]My NAIJA GUY (by Angelica)
TV/Final Version

Oh!  Yeah! Yeah

(Verse 1)
I know some girls are thinking (you’re all the same)
And you’re not worth dying for (it’s such a shame)
They’re bad. They will break your heart (and leave you sad)
Nigerian guys
Will make you mad
But stop! Wait! I don’t agree with you (because things have changed)
I don’t want to know who’s lying to who (we all make mistakes)
I love him the way he is (I’m here to stay)
Oh baby,
Just close your eyes
And take my hand

(Chorus )
My NAIJA GUY! (Oh!)
Thinking of you blows my mind and makes me high
A nwu a la mooo!
With you I can touch the sky
The feeling is so right
I love you NAIJA guy
My NAIJA GUY! (Oh!)
Thinking of you blows my mind and makes me high
I wo ni m’o fe oh!
with you I can touch the sky
The feeling is so right
I love you NAIJA guy

(Verse 2)
Nothing wey you talk fit make me change my mind
(At all, at all
At all, at all o!)
Cos I’ve gone far and wide and still I could not find
The kind of guy I’d like to spend my whole life with
The kind of guy
I would like to spend my whole liiiife

When I go for London, for there
I meet Sir Branson,
I come go for Yankee, for there
I meet Mel Jackson
But no be say these guys no set or
Maybe say their pepper no rest
but no wan fit compare
with My NAIJA GUY

Chorus

Electric Guitar Interlude

(Verse 3)
Chukwuma, Haruna, Onyema, A’tega
My NAIJA GUYS!
Tunde, Ade, Sule, Ebube
My NAIJA GUYS!
Eloho, Agogo, Dipo, Bimbo
My NAIJA GUYS!
Femi, Remi, Yemiiii
My NAIJA GUUUYS!

You could be rich or poor
Dark or light
You be my Nigeria guy
You could be far abroad
Or right here at home
My Nigeria guy
I say you could be from anywhere
North south east or west
You’re all my
NAIJA GUUUUYS!

Chorus (Till Fade)

Radio Version:
Kingsley Ogoro and Segun Arinze
My NAIJA GUYS!
Sammie Okposo and Ramsey Nouah
My NAIJA GUYS!
Rugged Man, Jazzman, Trybesmen, Dare, Tuface, Faze, Blackface
My NAIJA GUYS! My NAIJA GUUUY! (My NAIJA GUUUUYS! Oh!)

Basket Mouth and Ali Baba, Una be
My NAIJA GUYS! 
Kola Munis and RMD (Oh! A nwu a la moo!)
My NAIJA GUYS! (NAIJA GUYS, OH!)
Olisa
Jimmy Jatt
Humility
Ladani
You’re all my
NAIJA GUUUUYS!

Chorus (Till Fade)

[/b]
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by wildgoose: 12:03am On Apr 02, 2006
i saw the music video today, not bad, not bad at all, I like it , the girl is cute
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by uchie(f): 5:56pm On Jul 03, 2006
please can someone upload the song, pleaseeeee i really need to hear it
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by diddy4(m): 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2006
can someone kindly upload the song for those of us that cant get it. thanks. smiley smiley smiley
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by mrmetoo(m): 6:11pm On Jul 04, 2006
someone upload this song/video already!!!
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by uchie(f): 2:16am On Jul 05, 2006
you can download the song here -
http://bellanaija..com/ , i'm working on getting the vid
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by diddy4(m): 2:27am On Jul 05, 2006
i like her thighs, and she is cute. cheesy cheesy cheesy

@uchie

thanks hun. i appreciate it. kiss
Re: "My NAIJA GUYS" Song - Please Who Sang It? by suliyat416(f): 4:48am On May 17, 2007
please someone upload it. i couldn't find the song on the other site. help1 i'm going crazy not having that song on my mp3 player. please someone upload it so i can download it. thanx
indy-naija chick smiley wink embarassed undecided cool

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: DJ Ecool – 4U Ft. Davido & Peruzzi / AY Ft Lamyia & Romeo - Speak With Ya Body ( Tanzanian/ American Collabo!!) / Tekno – Go (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.