Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Imo State University Should Be Moved To The Original Perm Site - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo State University Should Be Moved To The Original Perm Site (1320 Views)

Which University Should I Apply To Study Mechanical Engineering / How Do I Get The Original Waec Certificate / Imo State University Post Ume Info; Dept. Cut Off, Closing & Exam Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Imo State University Should Be Moved To The Original Perm Site by kuzoma(m): 10:48am On Mar 20, 2012
The coming of Governor Rochas Anayo Okorocha to power at Douglas House Owerri on Sunday may 29 2011, to majority of Imolites, considering his speech, on that fateful day, was a tonic of hope, a boost to the weak, a light to the dark path and above all, a mission to rescue.

This writer was consciously present from the first, and second election to the inauguration at Dan Anyiam stadium wetheral road my first visit to that facility.
If I heard well, our governor assured Ndi Imo that the Egypt they have been in, they shall see no more.

Whether rich or poor all shall go to school. The opening of black book for the unbelievers in the Imo cause, again you told all present that Douglas House Owerri has actually moved to the villages and towns, as you concluded your speech, you beat your chest in assurance that late Dee Sam Mbakwe leadership magic wand has reincarnated in you, of which Imo state university multi-campus system is among. See Sunday Independent p21, July 31, 2011. “titled Okorocha, the die is cast” as we have been very observant with your style of leadership.

On Monday January 2, 2012, while we rejoiced over your marshal plan on four years development strategy, where you restated inter alia the N224 billion approved by the state House of Assembly, the construction of 425 kilo-meter rural roads, dualization of all roads leading to the cities of Okigwe, Orlu and Owerri, with accompanying five star Hotels each, 27 new and well equipped general hospitals one for each of the 27 local government councils, construction of new and modern market and industries, Imo airlines, new schools and the highly expected monumental tower that will be the tallest building in Nigeria.

Sir considering your records so far, I share your philosophy and they are possible, a striking remark you made was creating industries, completing and reviving the abandoned projects in the state.
My governor sir, we are appalled in your statement to relocate Imo state University to a permanent site in Ogboko, Ideato South Local Government Council in Orlu senatorial zone, I will return to this.

In your speech both at the inauguration ground and other speeches, you were emphatic as the issue of relocation never cropped up. Today Adapalm is still in Ohaji, Imo poultry is still in Avutu, Imo tiles remains in Nsu Ehime Mbano, clay/ceramics in Okigwe, Imo shoes is still in Owerri, of course Concorde hotels cannot be moved, just like the Oguta lake of treasure is gaining ground. So why moving Imo state University from its original site from Ogbor Oke-Ovoro Mbaise, as envisioned by Dee Sam Mbakwe, a man that has reincarnated in you. Somehow, these assurances and hope are being dashed, as it also happened in 1984 courtesy of then brigadier Ike Nwachukwu.
On Tuesday February7, 2012, a letter written by Williams Ukadike titled “Imo without a University” Mr Ukadike illustrated the much he know history wise why Imo is yet to have a University or a permanent/administrative campus of IMSU, to further Ukadike’s report, let me give a detailed account.

In 1982 a vast land was appropriated for a permanent site of the Imo state University, this land is located exactly 3km from Okpala junction – Mbaise expressway in Ogbor Oke Ovoro Mbaise, as you read this piece, the concrete stand and a sign board to that effect are still standing till date. Work has started in earnest, when the democratic government of Alhaji Shehu Shagari/ Mbakwe was overthrown by the military, quashing that dream and arresting its development, then Brigadier Ike Nwachukwu from Ovim Isukwuato Okigwe L.G.A then was appointed as military governor. As Ukadike pointed out, he had only one agenda and that was to relocate IMSU to Isukwuato axis of the old Okigwe.
With the creation of Abia State in 1991 that territory known as Uturu was ceded to Abia State even though majority of that territory remains in Imo State. Till date, IMSU has been operating from make shift buildings in Owerri town, while the 30 year old site in Ogbor is laying fallow.

(1) (Reply)

Advice On Unilag School Of Post Graduate Studies. / Effects Of 5000 Naira Note On Nigerian Students / It Is Confrim ASUU NEC Meeting Is Holding Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.