Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,456 members, 7,770,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:06 AM

Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? (8644 Views)

Is This A Real Mad Man, Prophet Or An Anti Christ? (photos +shocking Video) / Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? / Do You Know This Man? (Prophet Muhammad) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? by czay(m): 7:09am On Mar 21, 2012
i begin to wonder if there is any prophet of GOD that is a black man in the two religous books. please guys if there is help confirm with proofs in those books. thanks
Re: Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? by Afam4eva(m): 7:36am On Mar 21, 2012
Is there any white one? I can't remember the bible ever explicitly naming the race of all the prophets.
Re: Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? by Maisuya1: 8:43am On Mar 21, 2012
The qur'an says, "and there was never a nation except a warner (prophet) dwelt among them" Quran- fatir

It also says " indeed we have said said messengers before you (Muhammad PBUH) some of which we have related their stories to you and others which we have not told you their stories..."Quran- ghafir

"on the day when we shall call on every nation by it's leader (prophet)"

From the above verses from the Quran we believe as Muslims that including black Africa had their prophets sent to them, that's why we can see some traces of monotheism in some African religion.

SO THE ANSWER IS YES FROM THE QURANIC PERSPECTIVE

1 Like

Re: Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? by buzugee(m): 1:53pm On Mar 21, 2012
all the prophets in the bible are black. everyone in the bible is black except

1 esau (white man)
2 king herod ( white father black mother. but biblical people go by the seed of the father so he was a white roman)
3 antiochus epiphanes
4 alexander the greek
5 cornelius
6 pontius pilate
and a few others i cant remember now. but very few. other races didnt start popping up in the bible till the invasion of israel by the greeks and the romans.
Re: Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? by czay(m): 4:10pm On Mar 21, 2012
Am highly overwhelmed by your constructive response and contributions...thanks
Re: Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? by lepasharon(f): 6:46pm On Mar 21, 2012
mohammed was a black man,a dark skinned arab undecided
Re: Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? by Maisuya1: 8:44pm On Mar 21, 2012
^
you ahold be ashamed of yourself for such porpustorous lie. Are you allowed to do that in whatever religion u follow?
Re: Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? by mazaje(m): 10:52pm On Mar 21, 2012
Mai-suya:
The qur'an says, "and there was never a nation except a warner (prophet) dwelt among them" Quran- fatir

It also says " indeed we have said said messengers before you (Muhammad PBUH) some of which we have related their stories to you and others which we have not told you their stories..."Quran- ghafir

"on the day when we shall call on every nation by it's leader (prophet)"

From the above verses from the Quran we believe as Muslims that including black Africa had their prophets sent to them, that's why we can see some traces of monotheism in some African religion.

SO THE ANSWER IS YES FROM THE QURANIC PERSPECTIVE

What the name of the prophets sent to the Chinese and Indians? how come they never never wrote anything about Allah but wrote a lot about other Gods?. . .
Re: Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? by mazaje(m): 10:54pm On Mar 21, 2012
@ OP, How do you expect to find black prophets when the religions did not originate from black people?. . . .
Re: Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? by Maisuya1: 9:48am On Mar 22, 2012
mazaje:

What the name of the prophets sent to the Chinese and Indians? how come they never never wrote anything about Allah but wrote a lot about other Gods?. . .

The Quran says "and We have not sent messengers except with the language of his own people, so that he might explain to them...." Quran- ibrahim

The above verse when construed with the previous ones in my earlier post gives us the understanding that, NOT ONLY ARE THERE PROPHETS OTHER THAN THE SEMITIC(jews and arabs) ONES, BUT ALSO MESSAGES CAME FROM ALLAH IN LANGUAGES OTHER THAN THE SEMITIC ONES (arabic, Hebrew, Amharic, Tigrinya, And Aramaic)

Thus if you critically analyse the Hindus and the bhudist religion there are traces of monotheism, a one supreme God called different names in different language. And these messages were brought by men of God (prophets) even though divinity was ascribed to some of them and their messages got mixed up, misunderstood or some times outrightly lost. I hope that answers you.
Re: Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? by mazaje(m): 10:29am On Mar 22, 2012
Mai-suya:

The Quran says "and We have not sent messengers except with the language of his own people, so that he might explain to them...." Quran- ibrahim

The above verse when construed with the previous ones in my earlier post gives us the understanding that, NOT ONLY ARE THERE PROPHETS OTHER THAN THE SEMITIC(jews and arabs) ONES, BUT ALSO MESSAGES CAME FROM ALLAH IN LANGUAGES OTHER THAN THE SEMITIC ONES (arabic, Hebrew, Amharic, Tigrinya, And Aramaic)

Thus if you critically analyse the Hindus and the bhudist religion there are traces of monotheism, a one supreme God called different names in different language. And these messages were brought by men of God (prophets) even though divinity was ascribed to some of them and their messages got mixed up, misunderstood or some times outrightly lost. I hope that answers you.

No it does NOT what you have written actually have nothing to do with reality, some of the religions you talked about do not even have the word prophets at all. .They also claim to have been sent down by their various Gods themselves and their messages are pure. How does monotheism equate to Allah sending messengers to people in India? The religions the people practice have NOTHING in common with Islam, what it Allah that sent people to the mayan to tell them to sacrifice human beings?. . .They seem to be doing that for thousands of years and claim their Gods told them to do it. . .Reality does NOT agree with your claims. . .
Re: Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? by Maisuya1: 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2012
^
u see thats the problem we have, you look at world religions either consciously or unconsciosly from the white man's christainity exclusivity point of view. (and with that i cant help you). In fact the concept of messages in islam is most beautifully defined in a saying of islam's prophet which i paraphrase here : 'all prophets of God are from one father but from differnt mothers'. meaning all prophets taught the existence of one Allah, God, Soko, Olowun, chukwu etc, but the religious rite instructed to each prophet varried according to region, cultures, time, etc. two quranic verses buttres my above point; 'and We have never sent a messenger except We inspire to him that none has the right to be worshiped other than ME...' quran- anbiya, '...call Him Allah or call Him Arrahman, for whichever you call him, to Him belongs the most beautiful names..'

You don't believe the followers of RAMA and KRISHNA thought they were God whilst they walked among the hindus some Five thousand years ago? neither did the followers of Jesus thought he was god whilst he walked amongst them.

The divinity ascribed to those pious men of God was ascribed to them after their death by their followers who thought they were making plain that which was hidden, but in actual fact they were hiding that which was plain. The essence of prophets were to correct some wicked practices of men on earth and to inform them that they will be held accountable by the one true GOD. with time some of these messages got currupted or lost, hence the need for more prophets to confirm previous messages, the quran says ; 'then we sent Our messengers in succession, and every time a messenger came to a nation they denied him...'

SO THE FIRST PROPAGATORS OF THESE RELIGIONS WERE ACTUALLY MEN AND NOT GODS, AND WERE MOST LIKELY SENT BY THE TRUE GOD. ALSO NOT ALL PRACTICES OR RELIGIONS ARE FROM GOD SOME ARE MAN MADE, BUT MY CONTRIBUTION SO FAR IS TO ANSWER TH OP'S QUESTION. AND I END WITH THIS VERSE. 'messengers among which were bearers of glad tidings and warners so that mankind would not have any proof against Allah (on judgement day)after the messaengers. and indeed Allah did spoke onto moses' I HOPE THIS ANSWERS UR QUESTION

(1) (Reply)

The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. / Are You In Any Department In The Church? / Palm Sunday: The Triumphant Entry Of Jesus Into Jerusalem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.