Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,062 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? (6502 Views)

Eleven Crazy Traffic Laws From Around The World / Share Your Car Service/user Manual / Crazy Traffic Laws That Actually Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by Reference(m): 6:47pm On Mar 21, 2012
kunlekunle: that's why they hate buhari
they are not discplined

This is a circular argument. The reason Buhari is not in power is because he will try to do exactly what you want him to do and he will likely be impeached in two months.

I repeat again and again. Democracy comes from the bottom up and not top down. People need to change in good quantities before the society, economy and so on improve. American's don't drive right because of Barack Obama but because the VAST MAJORITY want to.

Any country requiring coercion to enforce basic laws on such a massive scale such as Nigeria cannot have democracy as well. You might as well have a one party totalitarian regime like in China or Russia. Whether we are ripe for the present system we operate is another matter.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by ministergh: 6:58pm On Mar 21, 2012
mercenaryx:
Hahahahahahahah... lWMMC.... Lwkmd... Lol.... My ribs Oh

man u are so fun. but seriously we are lagging. i went clubing in accra,ghana and at 2am when i was returning we got to the traffic and men
!!! there were like 5 cars waiting for the traffic light to turn green. i looked around and there werent cars on the side where the green was on. i said wow.....this is definately not my 9ja
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by mercenaryx(m): 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2012
ministergh:

man u are so fun. but seriously we are lagging. i went clubing in accra,ghana and at 2am when i was returning we got to the traffic and men
!!! there were like 5 cars waiting for the traffic light to turn green. i looked around and there werent cars on the side where the green was on. i said wow.....this is definately not my 9ja
GBAM.... I am ashame but what can we do? We can only help in our little way...
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by iluvnaija: 10:16pm On Mar 21, 2012
The answer is very simple, because there is no law in NIGERIA. Nigeria is a complete lawless society.
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by Olumogun: 10:43pm On Mar 21, 2012
The same thing that makes the Political leaders neglect Constitutional Laws!
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by MeGaStReEt: 12:21am On Mar 22, 2012
kunlekunle: that's why they hate buhari
they are not discplined

Bros, Buhari na traffic controller
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by razznaija(f): 3:27am On Mar 22, 2012
Which traffic law are you talking about? i have never seen or heard about a printed handbook of traffic laws in Nigeria so please if there's actually a handbook tell me where i can go and get it. Beside Nigeria is a very lawless society so even if there are laws, the laws are obviously not being enforced so people think they can do what ever they want to do.
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by GAR3TH(m): 4:45am On Mar 22, 2012
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by gulfer: 6:25am On Mar 22, 2012
Driving education. most people (drivers and even pedestrians) just don't have it.
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by werepeLeri: 6:26am On Mar 22, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Some drivers do not even know the traffic laws.btw,does frsc still print that highway code ?

Yes, bro, they do. Even if you attend a driving school, you will get a printed copy or even one on CD.
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by werepeLeri: 6:28am On Mar 22, 2012
MoUTD: Nigeria is lawless environment where everything goes...imagine we have traffic light in some developed area but no cctv to monitor offender , not to talk database of the car n the car owner...so how are you going prosecute such offender.our entire system is not in right state.

Your post make me laugh. And when FRSC tries to do the above, what did your Senators do, they stopped them.
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by phreakabit(m): 10:17am On Mar 22, 2012
Man the thing is sickening oh. . . . I dey carry my original golf club dey follow body any time I go for a drive. Okada riders want you to commit forced accidental murder. And Danfo drivers just want to leave a dash of egg yolk Yellow on your vehicle. I don tire for lawlessness on Lagos roads. angry
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by tcoach(m): 10:27am On Mar 22, 2012
Simply put, impatience and greed.
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by fred2265: 10:40am On Mar 22, 2012
This is not a uniquely Nigerian problem, drivers the world over are selfish and impatient.
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by okeyxyz(m): 12:59pm On Mar 22, 2012
WHAT TRAFFIC LAWS?
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 1:08pm On Mar 22, 2012
[quote author=fred2265]This is not a uniquely Nigerian problem, drivers the world over are selfish and impatient.

Yes, they are selfish all over the world, but the law enforcer on most countries enforced the law and not just taking tips
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by mbulela: 2:51pm On Mar 22, 2012
werepeLeri:

Your post make me laugh. And when FRSC tries to do the above, what did your Senators do, they stopped them.
guy.\, leave that matter. Why can they not do it with the existing license plates? All na job.
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by knowledge4(m): 5:09pm On Mar 22, 2012
Who are the road users in Nigeria?
Myself and you?
How many Nigerian drivers both private and commercial have ever taken a driving test for a driving licence,passed or failed? None,am sure.
Is it not that we sit down in our homes and offices and a tout brings the valid driving licence to us?
How many Nigerian drivers learnt driving via a registered driving school? Maybe 0.01% or less.
Even those who attended a driving school did not go for driving test.
90% of Nigerian drivers of all categories have never seen the Driving Code.Another 8% who have it or have set eyes on it cannot interpret the road signs.We do not even know where to get it from when interested.
I learnt that in a place like Britain, you must go to a driving school for about a year. Then go for driving test in about four to six stages and must pass all the stages over a period of 1-2 years. Then you are given a provisional driving licence for 2 years on condition that you drive with a fully licenced driver sitting by your side.After that, you get a full driving licence which can easily be withdrawn if you commit certain types of road traffic offences.
Here in Nigeria, many who do not know how to drive a car have valid driving licences which is used as identification to receive money in the banks.
Yet the Police and the V.I.O are interested in arresting drivers who have no driving licences.
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by obimind(m): 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2012
denzel2009: ask any danfo driver they all think zebra crossing is a tom tom advert.

LWKMD!!!
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by denzel2009: 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2012
knowledge4: Who are the road users in Nigeria?
Myself and you?
How many Nigerian drivers both private and commercial have ever taken a driving test for a driving licence,passed or failed? None,am sure.
Is it not that we sit down in our homes and offices and a tout brings the valid driving licence to us?
How many Nigerian drivers learnt driving via a registered driving school? Maybe 0.01% or less.
Even those who attended a driving school did not go for driving test.
90% of Nigerian drivers of all categories have never seen the Driving Code.Another 8% who have it or have set eyes on it cannot interpret the road signs.We do not even know where to get it from when interested.
I learnt that in a place like Britain, you must go to a driving school for about a year. Then go for driving test in about four to six stages and must pass all the stages over a period of 1-2 years. Then you are given a provisional driving licence for 2 years on condition that you drive with a fully licenced driver sitting by your side.After that, you get a full driving licence which can easily be withdrawn if you commit certain types of road traffic offences.
Here in Nigeria, many who do not know how to drive a car have valid driving licences which is used as identification to receive money in the banks.
Yet the Police and the V.I.O are interested in arresting drivers who have no driving licences.

Someone has been bullshitting you cheesy
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by DisGuy: 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2012
^^^ for real, some exaggerations there

but seriously the roads are built without roadsigns anyway,
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by werepeLeri: 7:30pm On Mar 22, 2012
Dis Guy: ^^^ for real, some exaggerations there

but seriously the roads are built without roadsigns anyway,

another lie.
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by Danigmatic(m): 12:13am On Mar 23, 2012
Most driving schools in naija re out for money/how to start Ãήϑ drive ur car without giving their candidates on road usage tips,,,also †ђξ govt especaiilly when they move in convoy violates traffic,,also when they carry those their billions of naira don't know if those police drivers re mad,,,also no good traffic system..
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 23, 2012
cos majority of nigerians are stark illiterates and know nothing about laws. every1 who has a car believes the road is his fathers own. and nigerians generally do not like to do the right thing. always trying to do sometin wrong. when God created nigeria and nigerians, he forgot to add manners and discipline to the concoction.
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by Observator: 8:27pm On Mar 23, 2012
Simply lack of law enforcement. This is applicable to other majoy problems in Nigeria. Enforce the Laws and have a better society

1 Like

Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by Divine3: 12:10am On Mar 24, 2012
LMAO!!!! wat do u expect wen the so called uniform men are the first to break traffic rules by collecting #20.00, abi dem don increase am? 4 those of u NL outside naija u know wat that means. the whole system is bad, may God deliver our leaders
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by Exponental(m): 7:15am On Mar 24, 2012
First of all, are many of them qualified 2 use d road?.......
So dont expect someone who doesnt know what a sign is, 2 respond.
Re: Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? by DisGuy: 8:15am On Mar 27, 2012
werepeLeri:

another lie.

most roads have no road signs!! Fact, you live in abuja dont mean everywhere is signed i was in lagos early this month!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With The 2005/2007 Toyota Avalon?? / KNOW YOUR VEHICLE-STOLEN OR SALVAGED? CAVEAT EMPTOR / What Is The Difference Between AWD, 4WD And Auxiliary Gear In SUV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.