Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,727 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday (6598 Views)

1.5 Million Candidates To Take JAMB, Cut-off Marks For 2016 Announced / Do You Have A Low Score In The Just Concluded Utme..this Is A MUST Read For You. / Unilag Post Utme This Trend Is For You If You Choose Unilag As First Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by mukina2: 3:53pm On Mar 21, 2012
Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, Joint Admission and Matriculation Board’s (JAMB) Registrar, has said a record total of 1, 503,931 are expected to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) next Saturday.

Ojerinde, who spoke to newsmen at a press briefing in Abuja on Tuesday, said the examination will hold in Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Benin, London, Saudi Arabia and South Africa.

The registrar explained that the number shows an increase of about 10,338 candidates when compared with the 1,493,603 students that sat for the examination last year.

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/15-million-candidates-write-utme#.T2naDGq3WuM.twitter
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by mercato: 4:02pm On Mar 21, 2012
all wanting to come into the corrupt educational system.smh
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by 2rutalk1: 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2012
This is occasioned by rapid population growth, few number of (standard) higher institutions of learning and mass failure in previous exams. As long as these factors are not checked, the number of registered candidates for the exam will keep increasing in an alarming proportion.
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by aweaweawe: 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2012
undecided undecided[b][/b]
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by Ikanium(m): 4:19pm On Mar 21, 2012
ok
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by yongnoble(m): 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2012
1.5 million...geezzzz, Surprisingly only fewer than two hundred thousand would be offered admission.

seriously something needs to be done about this endemic situation. Must every child go through university education after secondary schooling, knowing fully well the alarming (and yet increasing) number of unemployed graduates I mean, there should be other alternatives that would earn someone a decent life. I don taya for this cycle ** in shikamaru's voice**

2 Likes

Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by Ibangap(m): 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2012
Sorry o, but the 1.somtin million that wrote last year; how far? Goodluck to them sha.
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by kombats: 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2012
watin concern me with dis 1
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by lifestyle1(m): 5:50pm On Mar 21, 2012
Jamb examination is fraudulent,They sell millions of forms on a yearly basis to Poor innocent Nigerians and deliberately withheld the result knowing that the Institutions currently on ground can not absorb 20% of the applicant.

Foreign institutions accept W.A.E.C Result as entry requirement for a degree program why can't we emulate them undecided

This is my suggestions, J.A.M.B Exam should be scrabed or the validity of the result should be extended to 5 years.

Thank You!

https://www.nairaland.com/897403/validity-j.a.m.b-result-should-elongated
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 21, 2012
It's serious mehn. It is in light of these that these guyz/jambites don't even read hard copies of anybook anymore.
My desperate nephew was looking everywhere on the internet for hints to pass and was kept on a particular website throughout yesterday and had resumed again this morning. I liked what I saw those guyz doing posting on but could not get out when I saw from reading too when I ran into visionitesmagazine.com - it rocks with hot questions and answers with explanations.

Admission will be very competitive this year and serious jambites should just study hard. Higher institutions must be checked this time from extorting those jambites cos they will open mouth at the statistics.
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 21, 2012
yong_noble: 1.5 million...geezzzz, Surprisingly only fewer than two hundred thousand would be offered admission.

seriously something needs to be done about this endemic situation. Must every child go through university education after secondary schooling, knowing fully well the alarming (and yet increasing) number of unemployed graduates I mean, there should be other alternatives that would earn someone a decent life. I don taya for this cycle ** in shikamaru's voice**
_
Yes, it's very troublesome. I'd rather lie on the grass and watch the clouds. Lol!
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by kaysy(m): 8:11pm On Mar 21, 2012
Yabatech Applicants should click this http://www.facebook.com/yabatech.admissions

Like the Page
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2012
I will gain admission this year no matter the population
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by BestSoul: 8:53pm On Mar 21, 2012
Mehn! Tank God say man don write him own finish Ơ̴̴̴͡. Though it took more Dan two attemts bt atleast man ℓ̊Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋ a graduate today. Chai! I feel for dis peeps mehn! Which skools go admit dis population. Mayb we shuld opt for vocational schools. But gudluck to dem sha o
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by slumcat(m): 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2012
naija.....*smh* cool
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by HussainMusa(m): 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2012
May Allah help all the candidates.
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by Brite02(m): 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2012
SMH jamb lipsrsealed shocked

Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by yongnoble(m): 11:15pm On Mar 21, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
Yes, it's very troublesome. I'd rather lie on the grass and watch the clouds. Lol!

MY GUY- MY GUY smiley!!
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 21, 2012
yong_noble:

MY GUY- MY GUY smiley!!
_
Hn! Troublesome fellow! Kagemane-no-jutsu! Stay!!!
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 6:36am On Mar 22, 2012
Adetayo100: I will gain admission this year no matter the population
dat's the spirit!!!!!!!!!
Even if the whole of Nigeria is writing this year I WOULD GET MY OWN SPACE IN THE UNIVERSITY I APPLIED FOR..........
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by emsquare(m): 10:00am On Mar 22, 2012
Wish them luck!!!
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by sambas: 10:52am On Mar 22, 2012
I was nick named legend of the seeker, cos i had written utme 7 times all 2 no avail. Thank God i finally got my chance last year. No mata wat u'r nick name, this year is ur year. winkI was nick named legend of the seeker, cos i had written utme 7 times all 2 no avail. Thank God i finally got my chance last year. No mata wat u'r nick name, this year is ur year.

4 Likes

Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by meracool(m): 11:07am On Mar 22, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] With God help We will make it.
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by silverfrancis(m): 11:25am On Mar 22, 2012
with God i shall make it at of all amen.
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by lanrock(m): 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2012
GOODLUCK(not gej)to u all.
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by kaysy(m): 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2012
Join Yabatech Fan Page on facebook
www.facebook.com/yabatech.admissions
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by McCoy91(m): 7:19pm On Mar 22, 2012
Legend Of The Seeker. Lmao
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by Neutralizer(m): 8:52pm On Mar 22, 2012
Quite a large figure! Nigerian approach 2 situations is pretty poor. The govt solution, if dr's one, myt show no insight at all.
Re: JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday by musiwa46: 4:26am On Mar 23, 2012
nice

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Activate TETFUND’s BIMS For Tertiary Institution Students / Hensard University: HSDF Rolls Out Agricultural Entrepreneurial Scholarships / Cool [photos] Of Albino Animals And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.