Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,658 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) (9106 Views)

Nigerian Army Recruitment: WAEC/NECO Results From 2008 Downward Is Expired? / Expired Post_01 / Sun Newspaper Recruiting For Web Administator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by Seun(m): 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2012
A small but influential web publishing concern needs a full-time software developer to manage and develop a couple of heavily trafficked dynamic websites written in Python and running on MySQL databases, because their current programmer is moving on next month.

The candidate should be talented, enthusiastic, hardworking and productive. He/she should be capable of writing good SQL queries and writing elegant programs to exceed requirements. He/she should have a genuine understanding of web technologies, capable of functioning with or without frameworks.

He/she should also be comfortable with Linux server management or willing to learn. Your sysadmin duties will involve being ready to rush online at any time of the day or night to resolve server issues. The ability to design original and beautiful web themes to specification won't hurt your chances.

If interested, please send your application, CV, and portfolio (if any) to ASAP. See also: code challenge.
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 21, 2012
Seun please offtopic am going, restore the email alerting system back
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by moderattor: 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2012
so whats the egunje like?
I mean the monthly rojer,
as in periodic co-operation,
as in the cashlite per 30 days!
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by FEMARY(m): 7:23pm On Mar 21, 2012
A couple of heavily trafficked sites are Nairaland and Nairalist. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 21, 2012
Lets talk salary, I wont accept less than 2m per month!
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by Seun(m): 10:37pm On Mar 21, 2012
The salary is N1.8m to N2.0m per year.
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 21, 2012
Am sorry Seun, I'd Like to pass, I make about that per month.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by plentykola(m): 12:18am On Mar 22, 2012
seun i did the online test for personal assistant and till now i never hear anything u no tell me mayb i pass or fail
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by deloon(m): 1:09am On Mar 22, 2012
I can be a good systems administrator. But the software development part is not within my reach yet cry
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by DualCore1: 6:51am On Mar 22, 2012
Seun: The salary is N1.8m to N2.0m per year.
Won't be easy to get someone good (who won't use Nairaland to learn Python "hello world" ) with this budget and who won't be wanting to "move on" too after a couple of months. Its 1 person for 2 jobs here: web developer and server admin. All the best in your search, would love to see this place improve.
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by maclatunji: 11:14am On Mar 22, 2012
LeoMax: Lets talk salary, I wont accept less than 2m per month!

Seun: The salary is N1.8m to N2.0m per year.

grin grin grin grin grin

I am sure there is a young wiz-kid somewhere that will take the offer.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by joyfun: 5:47pm On Mar 22, 2012
the pay you are offering is low for FT, you may want to outsource it to someone who will work remotely and charge a little more.
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by pak: 10:30pm On Mar 22, 2012
I keep getting shocked the way Nlanders talk when issues of money/salary is mentioned.
The way peeps are making comments you'll think we are not in the same country where unemployment is at an all time high

I mean in reality, how many Nigerians earn as much as N1.8m per year ? (especially those outside Abuja and Lagos, and maybe PH).

The guy is like offering more than N150K per month.

How many entry level bankers even earn more than that these days talk-less of IT, where most firm pay low.

It's better to just say you don't have the skill set to qualify for the job than to make statements that seem to demean the laudable effort of this young man.

@Seun, Kudos

5 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by dipo1: 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2012
pak: I keep getting shocked the way Nlanders talk when issues of money/salary is mentioned.
The way peeps are making comments you'll think we are not in the same country where unemployment is at an all time high

I mean in reality, how many Nigerians earn as much as N1.8m per year ? (especially those outside Abuja and Lagos, and maybe PH).

How many entry level bankers even earn more than that these days talk-less of IT, where most firm pay low.

It's better to just say you don't have the skill set to qualify for the job than to make statements that seem to demean the laudable effort of this young man.

@Seun, Kudos

word
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by Seamate(m): 12:09am On Mar 23, 2012
Baseless showoffs
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by deloon(m): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2012
Seriously, I would have applied for this job if I were good in python. 150k monthly is surely something.
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by DualCore1: 11:35am On Mar 23, 2012
pak: I keep getting shocked the way Nlanders talk when issues of money/salary is mentioned.

@Seun, Kudos

You fail to understand this is not a bank job. This is a web development/linux admin job. You cannot keep a full time web developer who knows what he is doing and pay him 150k Naira per month. You cannot keep a full time linux administrator who knows what he is doing and pay him 150k per month.

And NO, there are not much good web developers and linux administrators in Nigeria, most of what we have is people who run their mouths with Joomla and reseller webhosting accounts.

A freelance web developer who knows what he is doing can nail 3 jobs at 100 - 250k each per month.

The show-off by Leomax was highly unnecessary but I ignored him. Going through a person's post you know loud mouths and serious people.

This is a good opportunity for any medium-level web developer who is interested in learning Python. Python is not a very marketable language in the freelance industry so I don't go deep into it.

The salary of 150k per month is not a catch, its the experience, passion and the long term benefits.

P.S: Please don't talk lesser of Information Technology near Banking. Very different fields with very different possibilities. I won't give away my IT skills to be a bank manager. I don't a bank manager will give his job up to be a programmer. Its not about the money, its the passion. We are what we do.

3 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by Sprumbaba: 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2012

3 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by Seun(m): 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2012
The Python programming language is not a snake. That's just a name. It's probably the easiest and nicest language.
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by binhozie(m): 10:37pm On Mar 23, 2012
Screw Programming!!!

NETWORKING ALL THE WAYYYYYYYY
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by smile4kenn(m): 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2012
I am a programmer and I work here in the USA(I get headaches staring and hitting my fingers everyday on python, Visual studio and SQL) This is just my second year working as a programmer after uni graduation. I am paid $36 an hour and I work 40+ hours a week. Do the maths yourself cheesy

My point here is that 2m naira as a programmer in Nigeria is a good offer. As you will learn a lot working with a website with over 800k members. You will also gain a lot as per experience and CV content for future reference. I'd advice any good programmer in Naija to grab this offer! I started off with a pay lower than what the poster is offering, but what you need as a programmer is experience and CV content(reputable ones tho).

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by dipo1: 11:00pm On Mar 23, 2012
whats is it you are networking? Anybody can network but programming is more intellectually demanding
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by smile4kenn(m): 11:08pm On Mar 23, 2012
@dipo

networking is as crazy as programming. trust me bro! I see my colleagues sweat it out with their sub-net things!
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by binhozie(m): 11:40pm On Mar 23, 2012
dipo+:
whats is it you are networking? [size=15pt]Anybody can network[/size] but programming is more intellectually demanding

Yeah like NTA network right. . .?
#DUMB
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by Nairaplus(m): 6:39am On Mar 24, 2012
smile4kenn: I am a programmer and I work here in the USA(I get headaches staring and hitting my fingers everyday on python, Visual studio and SQL) This is just my second year working as a programmer after uni graduation. I am paid $36 an hour and I work 40+ hours a week. Do the maths yourself cheesy

My point here is that 2m naira as a programmer in Nigeria is a good offer. As you will learn a lot working with a website with over 800k members. You will also gain a lot as per experience and CV content for future reference. I'd advice any good programmer in Naija to grab this offer! I started off with a pay lower than what the poster is offering, but what you need as a programmer is experience and CV content(reputable ones tho).
Well, I did the math, and only few people earn up to that in Nigeria.
@Seun, I would have jumped at your offer if Python or Linux were my forte. Nevertheless, I am available in case you need a trainee. Will like to work for you.

(1) (2) (3)

Engineers And Riggers Wanted Urgently / Do You Have A Hustle Story? / How To Attend Interviews Successfully (getting Ready For The Big Day)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.