Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless (5841 Views)

My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth / The Nigerian Police Force Channels And Emergency Numbers / Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by Engineer96(m): 4:22pm On Mar 24, 2012
Hello NLs,
I think that The Nigerian Police and Nigerian army are becoming increasingly useless.
I was on my way to Enugu and on getting to Awka, I saw a soldier on uniform sleeping, just after Aroma junction. Though, there was a sign of military check point there but they were somewhere sleeping.
On getting to Enugu, just in front of Holy Ghost Catheral, I saw a team of soldiers and police arresting okada riders indiscriminately.
And so I started to wonder, what are these people really paid for? To sleep on duty? To arrest okada men, who are legitimately looking for their daily bread?
Again, in the north, where they are needed, they have failed woefully. They are attacked and killed, even in their stations.
Do these people still worth their pay with taxpayers' money including mine?
What are they doing in the south and what have they achieved in the north?
Your contributions.
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by olumoxie: 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2012
[pre][/pre][left][/left] the nation is heading to a state of anarchy
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by dare2think: 1:21pm On Mar 26, 2012
Becoming useless??

When have they been useful?
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by slimming: 1:22pm On Mar 26, 2012
Engineer96: Hello NLs,
I think that The Nigerian Police and Nigerian army are becoming increasingly useless.
I was on my way to Enugu and on getting to Awka, I saw a soldier on uniform sleeping, just after Aroma junction. Though, there was a sign of military check point there but they were somewhere sleeping.
On getting to Enugu, just in front of Holy Ghost Catheral, I saw a team of soldiers and police arresting okada riders indiscriminately.
And so I started to wonder, what are these people really paid for? To sleep on duty? To arrest okada men, who are legitimately looking for their daily bread?
Again, in the north, where they are needed, they have failed woefully. They are attacked and killed, even in their stations.
Your contributions.

That work involve a lot of energy, it is not easy for them my guy.
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by lafile(m): 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2012
Becoming useless? Like there was a time they were not useless. smh. next topic.
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by juman(m): 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2012
dare2think: Becoming useless??

I agree. grin
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by kombats: 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2012
lafile: Becoming useless? Like there was a time they were not useless. smh. next topic.
juman:

I agree. grin
gbam just hit d nail on d head
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by buJu234: 1:57pm On Mar 26, 2012
i told people that Nigeria greatest problem is that her citizen dont have passion to make the country to wk as a gud nation.

99.5% of Nigeria govt. workers are only there because of the salary that they will collect at the end of the month not
because of the services that will make the nation grow.

so the Policeman & army man will b interested to arrest an okada man because he will give thm money than to go after Boko haram or armed robber
that will destroy the image of Nigeria....
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by Btruth: 2:06pm On Mar 26, 2012
Maybe we should use them in farming? I honestly don't see their contribution in the nation development. They are all becoming boring.
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by senben(m): 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
The nigerian police has long been useless if my friend some years ago could slap a policeman and go scot free with it and for Nigeria Army because they have been paraded and Used for civil cases they are losing their respect especially here in the north where dey have been used to mount road blocks. Wen dey don't get paid dey will end up asking for 20-50 naira for food. Dis is haw far we have fared.
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by Coefficient(m): 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
Na today Abeg talk anoda thing!
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by gulfer: 2:17pm On Mar 26, 2012
lafile: Becoming useless? Like there was a time they were not useless. smh. next topic.
The last time i remember a useful police force was when they only carried batons and useful soldiers was when they were restricted to the barracks while in uniforms (Way back early 80s).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by forkadict(m): 2:43pm On Mar 26, 2012
Abeg dis OP be JJC?

@ OP, you just dey enter naija? Wey you dey hala on top very normal runs.
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by blackwall(m): 3:05pm On Mar 26, 2012
Your contributions.
u carry exibits? Imagine u standing on d road, under d rain or sun for over 10hrs and u expect dem not 2 rest? Haba! U shld pity dem small na, imagine how Boko haram day kill dem like animal for north. Basically d souja boiz in d north[kano] are active and dey ar dealin with dis Boko boiz without fear. As for me dem day try
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by coollady1: 3:13pm On Mar 26, 2012
dey have been useless right from day one
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by sirp2007: 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2012
try and seperate soldiers from d police.the soldier is a little better.
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by Iolo(m): 3:34pm On Mar 26, 2012
Your contributions.

My guy, please forget all the crazy media propaganda you hear or read in the news. While I so hate the Nigerian security forces for being generally useless, we must PRAISE our brave soldiers who work soo hard night and day to maintain peace.

You on your own determining that they are arresting Okada riders indiscriminately is wrong. No one would arrest you indiscriminately FOR NO REASON. Well, unless your carrying a laptop bag and a policeman decides to make you maga.

But long story short, checkpoints are trenous work so you shouldn't blame the soldier for sleeping. I can bet you you won't find such happening in the night.

About the bombing issue. Well, all I can say is don't be deceived. Conventional armies were never built for nonconventional wars. Even in Pakistan and Afganistan, the major battles were won as a result of intelligence gathered by the CIA and fed to the Marine Corps or US Army. In Nigeria, our Army has to double as an intelligence agency as well as being a normal army. It isn't easy bro.

On the efficiency of our Army I can tell you that I've being in the middle of a religious crisis and it was the army that saved us. The police was completely useless even with their AK-47's. It was the Army who came in and did the work including arresting suspects and handing them over to the police.

We should learn to praise our own little by little.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by Iolo(m): 3:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
gulfer: The last time i remember a useful police force was when they only carried batons and useful soldiers was when they were restricted to the barracks while in uniforms (Way back early 80s).

Right now Soldiers are still not permitted to wear their camo uniforms outside the barracks but flouting this law is mostly amongst the NCOs. And I also think most of those we see have been assigned to maintain security @ some place in the neighborhood, hence they'd be on their camo.

Soldiers have the light green and dark trouser office wear.
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by Iolo(m): 3:42pm On Mar 26, 2012
senben: The nigerian police has long been useless if my friend some years ago could slap a policeman and go scot free with it and for Nigeria Army because they have been paraded and Used for civil cases they are losing their respect especially here in the north where dey have been used to mount road blocks. Wen dey don't get paid dey will end up asking for 20-50 naira for food. Dis is haw far we have fared.

The only road blocks I know are on the inter-state highways and they are there cause the police has been useless so far.
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by Spirit96(m): 3:50pm On Mar 26, 2012
4 d fact that u've observed that both d Army n d Police are increasingly useless n u no longer desire their services, why cant u just sugest 2 GEJ or d NASS 2 scrap d forces so dat d Boy scout shld take up their jod or rather, bring ur own forces 2 take up their responsibility? Did u ask d reason 4 d arrest of d okadas? Pray dat men on okada shld never attack, kidnap or rob u, then u will know dat d arrest shld probably trasiend d collectn of N20. A soldier is a human like u n I. If u find him sleepn, he could be having his siesta after all 9te work. While u consider them useless, UN n d Internatinal Community knw their value, hence run 2 Naija 4 military assistance when d need arises. 2 me, they hv bn doin their best.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by publisher(m): 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2012
@OP: one of the conditions given by Boko haram for a ceasefire is the release of all their members scattered in various prisons. Now tell me,who put those BH members in prison? Your father?
U encountered few unruly soldiers and u now generalize? Why dont u go and enrole in a low or high paying job that promises a daily risk of being shot or blown to bits. RUBBISH!
IF all Nigerian Soldiers and police men decide to lay down their arms and walk away,will any Nairalander based in Nigeria leave his or her compound? They'll all be peeing and pooing on themselves even when they hear rats fart.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by WinkWrld: 4:28pm On Mar 26, 2012
OYA, SLAP ONE OF THE SOLDIERS OR RIDE OKADA WITHOUT RADIO LICENCE....LMAO DEY WILL BECOME USEFUL..OLODO
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by Cupidkc(m): 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2012
kombats:
gbam just hit d nail on d head
gbam jare
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by jamace(m): 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2012
Which one be dis? Your senators and legislators no dey sleep(inside AC) during session and afterwards share GMG bags among demselves?

From top to bottom, show me who is serious about this country called Nigeria?

You better praise the police and army who still risk their lives for the sake of this goddamn country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by Parnassuss(m): 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2012
Your contributions.

Please don't take it the wrong way when I surmise that u are a petulant and belligirent Arrow. This is not an insult, just a cold fact. Besides, are u even a taxpayer? If not then don't borrow the term so losely. Search yourself, you'll find u are not really providing any noteworthy service to anyone.
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by clemmonce(m): 8:19pm On Mar 26, 2012
dare2think: Becoming useless??

really funny
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by emsquare(m): 9:19pm On Mar 26, 2012
Your contributions.

Serious Mata!!!
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by Engineer96(m): 9:28pm On Mar 26, 2012
Besides, are u even a taxpayer?
If not then don't borrow the term so
losely. Search yourself, you'll find u are not
really providing any noteworthy service to
anyone.
Incase you wish to know. I serve the public and my tax is deducted at the source. This is a fact.
I give people the best service that I can.
As for arresting of Okada men, it shows joblessness of the men in uniform. I still maintain that the arrest was indiscrinate. It was made around 2pm. No question was asked before the arrest was made. I sincerely believe that the intention of the arrest was to extort money from them since they no longer get #20 on the roads.
As for the soldier working day and night, I am aware that they change them every six hours for those on day and twelve hours for those on night duty. He could not have worked throughtout the night and was still left to work during the day.
Let's not be sentimental but let's be object in our comments.
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by achi4u(m): 2:20am On Mar 27, 2012
u cnt lump d 2 security outfit as useless.army still remain better dan men in black.

remember 'bail' is free!!
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by stepo707: 11:30am On Mar 27, 2012
Most of them are useless but some are still patriotic and try their best to serve the nation
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by Natasha2(f): 12:55pm On Mar 27, 2012
The NPF is useless but definitely not the Nigerian Army.
Re: Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless by Csami(m): 9:40pm On Mar 27, 2012
Parnassuss:

Please don't take it the wrong way when I surmise that u are a petulant and belligirent Arrow. This is not an insult, just a cold fact. Besides, are u even a taxpayer? If not then don't borrow the term so losely. Search yourself, you'll find u are not really providing any noteworthy service to anyone.
man, he's going to take it personal

(1) (2) (Reply)

OMG! These Photos Will Shock You! *VIEWERS DISCRETION* / The World Largest Crocodile Caught In Panama( Photo) / Obaseki, Indonesian President, Other Experts Tackle Barriers To Sustainable Tran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.