Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Woman Sacrifices Her Only Daughter To River Goddess Awube For More Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Sacrifices Her Only Daughter To River Goddess Awube For More Children (1719 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / He Wants More Children / Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Sacrifices Her Only Daughter To River Goddess Awube For More Children by eherbal(m): 4:01pm On Mar 25, 2012
Idenyi Abbah, a middle aged woman residing at
Anumajogwu, in Ogbadibo Local Government Area of
Benue State has confessed to killing her 8-year-old
daughter, Enyanwu, because she wanted more children.
Currently held at the Ukwo Police Station in Benue
State, Abbah, who had one child for her husband, said
she became envious when he married a second wife in a
quest for more children. She then consulted a juju
priest at Ikem in Anambra State, who allegedly asked
her to sacrifice her only daughter to the Awube
goddess.
“I have been to every part of the country, searching
for pastors and native doctors that could help me out
of this problem, but have been told almost the same
story, that my only daughter was ‘ogbanje’ (witch) and
had blocked my womb,” she said. “I had tried to avoid
the solution I got from one native doctor at Ikem; until
my husband opted for another wife. This move had
forced me to do the wish of the gods by killing
Enyanwu.”
At the venue of the sacrifice, near the Awube River,
around midnight, the said juju priest allegedly arranged
for some young men who gang-raped Enyanwu before
sacrificing her to the said goddess, while her mother
watched.
A resident of the area, who gave his name as Okpe,
claimed to have witnessed the murder from a hideout
while he was hunting at night; adding that he was
powerless to stop the killing because the young men
were armed. “They put their knives through her neck
after the mother had said some incantation,” he said.
“They also raped her before that.”
Okpe said he fled the scene and reported the matter
to the village head, who then alerted the police. When
police officers and residents of the community
stormed the scene of the murder, nobody was found
and a search revealed Enyanwu’s mutilated corpse in a
shallow grave near the river.
Police authorities in the state say a manhunt has been
launched for the murderers and that Abbah will soon be
charged to court.
Re: Woman Sacrifices Her Only Daughter To River Goddess Awube For More Children by Busybody2(f): 4:07pm On Mar 25, 2012
cry cry cry
Re: Woman Sacrifices Her Only Daughter To River Goddess Awube For More Children by MissyB3(f): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2012
It's sad enough that we live in a world where anyone and anything can hurt you without thinking twice, but when the only one that's supposed to maximally protect you is the one doing the hurting- intentionally?

Poor child . . .Unenlightened mother. sad
Re: Woman Sacrifices Her Only Daughter To River Goddess Awube For More Children by Lucy001(f): 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2012
^^^
what can I say, wel its end time, people will do rudiculious stuff...
Re: Woman Sacrifices Her Only Daughter To River Goddess Awube For More Children by ifyalways(f): 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2012
@OP, source please?

Sad story if actually its not fiction. Name of city where murder/sacrifice took place and name of witness sounds fishy.
Re: Woman Sacrifices Her Only Daughter To River Goddess Awube For More Children by eherbal(m): 8:34pm On Mar 25, 2012
ifyalways: @OP, source please?

Sad story if actually its not fiction. Name of city where murder/sacrifice took place and name of witness sounds fishy.

www.247nigerianewsupdate.com/woman-sacrifices-her-only-daughter-to-river-goddess-awube-for-more-children/
Re: Woman Sacrifices Her Only Daughter To River Goddess Awube For More Children by agiboma(f): 9:03am On Mar 26, 2012
what i cant believe this
Re: Woman Sacrifices Her Only Daughter To River Goddess Awube For More Children by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 26, 2012
Sick delusional people. To save a marriage she killed her daughter, Crazy people, I dont even know what to say anymore, A man who sees you as nothing more than a baby producer yet you are so low self esteemed to go and kill your child to satisfy that man, oya na, go and enjoy your marriage and born plenty boys and see if he wnt still cheat on you or marry another wife. nansense, now that she os prison bound, let us see if the husband she sacrificed her child for will lovingly wait for her or immediately marry his new sweet bride.
Re: Woman Sacrifices Her Only Daughter To River Goddess Awube For More Children by ochukoccna: 10:40am On Mar 26, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
What a dumb move.
But you must wonder if Nigerians think at all again. undecided embarassed sad

(1) (Reply)

Mothers In The House,pls How Can One Cut Down On Cost. / Nnewi Man Allegedly Murders His Wife With Acid In Anambra / 20 Signs You’re Succeeding In Life Even If You Don’t Feel You Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.