Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Imani - Hi - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Imani - Hi (1317 Views)

Hi Folks, Will You Prefer To Be Jobless In Nigeria To Been Jobless In The Uk? / ThoniaSlim - Hi, looking foward to making new friends / nadine - Hi, I'm new (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imani - Hi by Imani(f): 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2006
Hello everyone, new in the land. Not very technologically aware but learning wink see u around
Re: Imani - Hi by Z4M4eva(f): 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2006
Hey Imani,howdy.
Re: Imani - Hi by Rhodalyn(f): 10:06pm On Mar 24, 2006
whassup baby Imani wink
Re: Imani - Hi by Imani(f): 10:07pm On Mar 24, 2006
@Z4Meva,

thanks for the reply. The site is cool. Have been resisting the temptation to join for over a month but eventually gave in. I think i will like it here.  smiley
Re: Imani - Hi by Z4M4eva(f): 10:08pm On Mar 24, 2006
Sure.Have fun. smiley
Re: Imani - Hi by Imani(f): 10:09pm On Mar 24, 2006
thanks everyone for making me welcome. I am based in the UK, Manchester to be precise. where are u girls based?
Re: Imani - Hi by Z4M4eva(f): 10:11pm On Mar 24, 2006
Bournemouth.
Re: Imani - Hi by TYPOP(m): 2:31pm On Mar 25, 2006
Welcome Imani.
Hope you know its not an all female forum? smiley smiley
kidding
Re: Imani - Hi by Imani(f): 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2006
Thanks TYPOP and everyone for making me feel welcome. This should be fun. wink
Re: Imani - Hi by dafman(m): 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2006
Let me join in welcoming you to Nairaland, Love your username
Re: Imani - Hi by Imani(f): 9:45pm On Mar 25, 2006
@dafman, thanks for your welcome. I am beginning to feel important, eh, i say cool cheesy
Re: Imani - Hi by Yewande3(f): 12:17am On Mar 27, 2006
Hi Imani
Welcome to Nairaland - Im from Essex!
Please dont hold that against me grin
Re: Imani - Hi by Imani(f): 2:11am On Mar 27, 2006
Hi Yewande, Essex girls are known to be  lipsrsealed. I also live in essex but school in Manchester. Dont worry, you are not alone wink
I like your name cheesy. I had a high school friend called yewande as well. Lost touch though sad
Re: Imani - Hi by Yewande3(f): 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2006
Imani:

Hi Yewande, Essex girls are known to be lipsrsealed. I also live in essex but school in Manchester. Dont worry, you are not alone wink
I like your name cheesy. I had a high school friend called yewande as well. Lost touch though sad

LOL
I wasnt always called Yewandé so your friend isnt me Im sorry. Maybe I can be your friend too?
grin Im sure we will get along fine
Re: Imani - Hi by Imani(f): 8:45pm On Mar 27, 2006
Yewandé:

LOL
I wasnt always called Yewandé so your friend isnt me I'm sorry. Maybe I can be your friend too?
grin I'm sure we will get along fine

LOL yewande. I know from your posts that you weren't always called yewande. Dont worry though, you can have any name you want grin. Your invitation for friendship is accepted cool
Re: Imani - Hi by Yewande3(f): 10:47pm On Mar 27, 2006
Uh-Oh I see you like football, cry
Im not known for my love of the game but my daughter son and their father are arsenal supporters as well.
I love dance music no-one I live with does sad I like ambient house etc and photography video editing etc I also write poetry
read love the net, surfing for real estate for my next bargain ( if only)and I love my job.

What do you do for a hobby Imani?
Re: Imani - Hi by Yewande3(f): 10:49pm On Mar 27, 2006
That post was all sad wasnt it I meant to put a smiley or two in , sorry!
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy wink
Re: Imani - Hi by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 27, 2006
Deleted
Re: Imani - Hi by TYPOP(m): 11:40pm On Mar 27, 2006
Hey  kiss GUNNERS kiss I think we have another  kiss GUNNER kiss in the house. Welcome once more Imani kiss kiss kiss

@Yewandé

Great to hear your family is filled with GUNNERS. You are also invited. 
Re: Imani - Hi by Imani(f): 10:46am On Mar 28, 2006
Yewandé:

Uh-Oh I see you like football, cry
I'm not known for my love of the game but my daughter son and their father are arsenal supporters as well.
I love dance music no-one I live with does sad I like ambient house etc and photography video editing etc I also write poetry
read love the net, surfing for real estate for my next bargain ( if only)and I love my job.

What do you do for a hobby Imani?

Well, i am currently coming to the end of my studies (Genetics) in Machester. Cant wait cheesy. For hobbies, i like to keep up with my music. I am more of a world music lover, i get slated for my love of different styles of music in different languages i don't understand grin I do get inspired by music be it contemporary dance, RnB, gospel, Rock, Indie, old skool, bollywood  :etc.

I like phphotographys well, take pictures and like to do interesting stuff. I don't take many personal pictures though undecided. I like martial arts and would watch any Chinese movies i see. Even taken Taekwando classes in the past. I am also a bit of an internet addict undecided I like to be informed about what is going on around me and i like politics, strangely, i like to watch Prime Ministers Questions on the net and listen to debates undecided

@ TYPOP
I also like my football. Especially Arsenal wink. Up Gunners. Hope we beat Juventus at home today. Fingers crossed.
Re: Imani - Hi by Yewande3(f): 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2006
Prime ministers question time shocked, now I see we are alike I used to take a day off work purely to listen to the budget!
Since I had kids I have to be content to listen to it on the news.

I also like Indian music (Bollywood) and African anything I started off with Ladysmith Black Mambaza butI shy away from too much adhesion to praise songs as I get a weird feeling in my bones tho I confess I like Gospel a lot! Again my musical tatses are at odds with my familys thanks goodness for Ipods eh? cool

Genetics sounds fascinating Ive taken part in a genetic study of cataracts as I had them from birth as did My Mum my Sis and Bro got them later, same as my daughter, Im intrigued now I didnt know what the result was!
Re: Imani - Hi by Imani(f): 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2006
@ Yewande,

I am glad you like Ladysmith Black Mambaza. cool. Nigerian music is quite cool except the it is usually sung in the local dialects which makes it hard for those who don't understand to follow. Yes I like PMQs. Today's edition was hilarious with John Prescot and Willam Hague, nice jokes. cheesy Hope the genetic testing process was not too emotional? I really dont like going for medical check up unless it is important as the less i know the better for me.
Re: Imani - Hi by eveseh(f): 8:53pm On May 08, 2006
welcome kiss
Re: Imani - Hi by Yewande3(f): 10:40pm On May 08, 2006
Imani:

@ Yewande,

I am glad you like Ladysmith Black Mambaza. cool. Nigerian music is quite cool except the it is usually sung in the local dialects which makes it hard for those who don't understand to follow. Yes I like PMQs. Today's edition was hilarious with John Prescot and Willam Hague, nice jokes. cheesy Hope the genetic testing process was not too emotional? I really don't like going for medical check up unless it is important as the less i know the better for me.

Oh dear I apologise I didnt get notification and I was thinking I had forgotten to track but then again I got a reminder for eveseh's post so I dunno why not yours Imani?

Anyway Its not the words I like to hear in African music actually its the whole darn happy sound of it, African people in my opinion are the happiest through any suffering they endure they maintain their dignity and the chanting sound is filled with pride and uplifting. I dont care what the words are cos I dont speak any African language its the whole package I like grin grin cheesy

The genetic testing involved one blood test and a look in our eyes that was it so noithing scary at all and I dont like Hospitals at all but this is for future screening etc so helps others and if that helps them I dont care, they did my kids too they were a bit scared at 6 and 1 but more scared of me if they didnt wink ( they need a complete picture eh?) If they c\an cure cataracts without selective abortion, Im all for helping!

Look at John Prescotts record now eh seems he cant get punished can he, what a male tart! shocked shocked
Re: Imani - Hi by dominobaby(f): 9:47am On May 09, 2006
Hope it aint late to say welcome! I can c u r already havin fun.
Am based in Lagos.
Re: Imani - Hi by Imani(f): 11:07pm On Apr 19, 2008
Awww embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassedmy very first nairaland thread. Over 2 years now wink

I wonder where most of the posters on this thread are?
Re: Imani - Hi by ogrebuga(m): 2:06am On Apr 20, 2008
Probably in their rooms or some random place eatin buns and sippin on 'pure water' cheesy
Re: Imani - Hi by 4Play(m): 2:16am On Apr 20, 2008
Imani:

Even taken Taekwando classes in the past. I am also a bit of an internet addict undecided I like to be informed about what is going on around me and i like politics, strangely, i like to watch Prime Ministers Questions on the net and listen to debates undecided

You are not alone. shocked
Re: Imani - Hi by Imani(f): 2:27am On Apr 20, 2008
4 Play:

You are not alone. shocked

I used to enjoy The Blair and Hague clashes the most. William Hague was a brilliant opposition leader. Shame he was in the wrong party or rather, Tony stood up to him more. His wit has been unsurpassed. I really miss William Hague. I couldn't believe Ian Duncan Smith. He was so boring, even his party had no confidence in him, shame because he is a likable fellow but no charisma.

I tend to watch Question time when i have the time these days.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Ok With The Way Gospel Artists Are Remixing Old Songs Recently? / Why Do Nigerians Commit Suicide? / The Violence Against Women In Nigeria Needs To Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.