Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams (71491 Views)

Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 / Nitda Scholarship Aptitude Test 2014 / Any Nitda Scholarship 2014/2015 News? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by openera: 9:33am On Aug 06, 2013
There is definitely a challenge this year and thats probably why the test was conducted late. But at least the test has been conducted unlike PTDF. I hope that challenge will not affect the scholarship implementation for 2013/2014 session. I wish they were more open with information to save anxiety. A little more openess & transparency would do no harm. Also hope they could make some assistance available to help successful scholars get admission considering the time/deadlines. Anyway am relaxed & waiting, God is in control! Best wishes to everyone

1 Like

Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by openera: 9:47am On Aug 06, 2013
Meanwhile, why dont we interact positively while we wait? We can educate ourselves about pg education, scholarships or just IT. I know this is the period to apply for australian uni. scholarships
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by CHAIRMAN1(m): 10:25am On Aug 06, 2013
Openera, true dat. We need to educate ourselves in the mean time. What's the best telecoms course to do a Phd in? In terms of 'lucrativeness'? I need to know. I'm in the telcoms sector and would love to do my research in telcoms.

As regards the test ®esult, What does it take them to inform the public as to why they're delaying. The longer they take, the more likely there's gonna be some unfair play.....
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by simplynace(m): 10:51am On Aug 06, 2013
True talk open_era. So what wud you like to present to the table? By the way, how does the Australian scholarship work? Good day guys...
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by openera: 11:42am On Aug 06, 2013
CHAIRMAN1: Openera, true dat. We need to educate ourselves in the mean time. What's the best telecoms course to do a Phd in? In terms of 'lucrativeness'? I need to know. I'm in the telcoms sector and would love to do my research in telcoms.

As regards the test ®esult, What does it take them to inform the public as to why they're delaying. The longer they take, the more likely there's gonna be some unfair play.....

Two things:
1. Different areas in telecoms include wireless comm, data comm & networing, satellite comm, optical comm, Signal Processing etc. Each of them is broad and they could also be related. Some specific/narrowed down areas include cognitive radio, LTE/4G wireless comm, Cloud computing, modulation, AI, pattern recognition, Wireless Sensor Networks, Internet of Things etc etc. By the way Computer Engg/Science is also very related and intertwined with Telecoms

2. Doing a PhD means moving towards a research based careeer which may not be lucrative compared to working in industry. The best bet is to focus on one. You need to be focused on research to be good at it, you need to also love it. One incentive is that you are contributing to d development of knowledge in your field and by extension making the world a better place. Lots and lots of money will come if you focus on a business career not research. Researchers just need to be comfortable not excessively wealthy. A good researcher may not have plenty money, but will have recognition, respect from people. It is important to have focus, know what you were born to do, be original, give your best in all you do and honour God. Its beyond money consideration.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by CHAIRMAN1(m): 11:56am On Aug 06, 2013
open_era:

Two things:
1. Different areas in telecoms include wireless comm, data comm & networing, satellite comm, optical comm, Signal Processing etc. Each of them is broad and they could also be related. Some specific/narrowed down areas include cognitive radio, LTE/4G wireless comm, Cloud computing, modulation, AI, pattern recognition, Wireless Sensor Networks, Internet of Things etc etc. By the way Computer Engg/Science is also very related and intertwined with Telecoms

2. Doing a PhD means moving towards a research based careeer which may not be lucrative compared to working in industry. The best bet is to focus on one. You need to be focused on research to be good at it, you need to also love it. One incentive is that you are contributing to d development of knowledge in your field and by extension making the world a better place. Lots and lots of money will come if you focus on a business career not research. Researchers just need to be comfortable not excessively wealthy. A good researcher may not have plenty money, but will have recognition, respect from people. It is important to have focus, know what you were born to do, be original, give your best in all you do and honour God. Its beyond money consideration.

Nice one!I work as a data comm/networking engineer. Do lots of field stuff.... I've done LTE/4G upgrades/intergration. Conversant with some of the other technolgies you've mentioned. I love maths! I'm thinkking of which area of maths is ideal when combined with telcoms....
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by openera: 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
simply_nace: True talk open_era. So what wud you like to present to the table? By the way, how does the Australian scholarship work? Good day guys...

http://www.ecu.edu.au/future-students/apply/international/research-applicants
A link for an Australian school. Some things that can give you adv for the scholarship include a 1st class/2.1, good research history
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by CHAIRMAN1(m): 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2013
This country sef!
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by foohard: 10:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
I feel you but must let you know that you should relax.

prof cleopas is no longer with NITDA but I can assure you if nothing go wrong with Champs, you are cool with NITDA because the integrity of the chairman of the scholarship board is firm.

Just keep your fingers crossed.

CHAIRMAN1: Viewing dis topic, amb dan, whizkidy, bad ass nigga.

Hmm its just 6am and some niggas dey there. Abi una sleep untop this thread?

Something is begginning to tell me that this prolonged delay may be used to manipulate things. Last yrs scholars wrote theirs manually and from what people said, Dr Cleophas single handedly marked the scripts,albeit painstakingly. The reults were released in 30 days. This year's was more automated. It was computer marked and we saw our scores that same day. Now anyone in his right senses would know that something fishy is in the pipeline. Or how can we xplain the incessant delay? I can assure the people in chargee that no irregularity will go unpunished. God will fight our battles for us.
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by badassnigga(m): 10:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
ptdf is yet to conduct its test.
nitda is yet to release d list of successful candidates.
I fink sth is seriously wrong wif these agencies
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by knelson(m): 10:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
more than 2500 physics multiple choice questions on this site. i think the have jamb english and bio too
http://www.eginny.com/over-2500-physics-multiple-choice-questions/

check it out
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by whizkidy: 11:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
bad_ass_nigga: ptdf is yet to conduct its test.
nitda is yet to release d list of successful candidates.
I fink sth is seriously wrong wif these agencies
this simply means Nigeria is broke.
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by simplynace(m): 8:23am On Aug 07, 2013
CHAIRMAN1:

Nice one!I work as a data comm/networking engineer. Do lots of field stuff.... I've done LTE/4G upgrades/intergration. Conversant with some of the other technolgies you've mentioned. I love maths! I'm thinkking of which area of maths is ideal when combined with telcoms....

Good Morning guys! Chairman, I really envy your experience (nice one)eh between, I would want to believe you are much of a Matlab expert because it seems thats one of the pre-requisites needed. All the best man! Meanwhile I do get a bit of your experience? grin
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by whizkidy: 9:24am On Aug 07, 2013
list out in todays guardian
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by beeblackstar: 11:05am On Aug 07, 2013
List is out in Guardian newspaper
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by chuxjoe: 12:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nobody is saying anything
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by Carsonv(m): 12:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
Hope this is not some prank?
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by simplynace(m): 1:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
Has any one checked to confirm??
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by Carsonv(m): 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
has anyone confirmed?
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by aniboski: 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2013
The list is truly out. Just check today's guardian newspaper.
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by CHAIRMAN1(m): 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2013
List is out, total of 6 Phds. As for msc its 2 perstate making it 74. Nitda shouls be rechristened shitda. Ended in an anticlimax after all this weeks of waiting. Wasn't worth the wait @all. Waste of my time and money..I remember one of their staff told their phd slots had been increased to one per state.

The successful ones have been advised to converge @ their office on the 14th of this month for screening. Congrats to those who got it.
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by CHAIRMAN1(m): 1:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
simply_nace:

Good Morning guys! Chairman, I really envy your experience (nice one)eh between, I would want to believe you are much of a Matlab expert because it seems thats one of the pre-requisites needed. All the best man! Meanwhile I do get a bit of your experience? grin
Hehe, my head don swell small grin
I did matlab in my msc, its the language Engineering students use to communicate in the uk. I work more with cisco/huawei routers. Also work on nec radios, saf radios and lots of other technologies. I think globacom is recruiting atm, walk down to their idejo office and drop your resume. God bless
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by chuxjoe: 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
Did they publish the names against their scores?i guess that should have been the fair and just thing to do!
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by rexspect: 1:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
Is it like nobody on this thread got the award. With all these high scores?
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by Carsonv(m): 2:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
CHAIRMAN1: List is out, total of 6 Phds. As for msc its 2 perstate making it 74. Nitda shouls be rechristened shitda. Ended in an anticlimax after all this weeks of waiting. Wasn't worth the wait @all. Waste of my time and money..I remember one of their staff told their phd slots had been increased to one per state.

The successful ones have been advised to converge @ their office on the 14th of this month for screening. Congrats to those who got it.
Chairman, did they place the names across the scores? And please what's the highest score?
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by CHAIRMAN1(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
Carsonv:
Chairman, did they place the names across the scores? And please what's the highest score?
No o, just name, state and local govt.
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by simplynace(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
For those who have seen the shortlist, were the names written alphabetically or were they written against their states of origin?
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by CHAIRMAN1(m): 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
simply_nace: For those who have seen the shortlist, were the names written alphabetically or were there written against their states of origin?
Funny question, they were written against their states. And the LG of origin beside the state.

Guardian was a bit scarce today...
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by Carsonv(m): 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
CHAIRMAN1:
Funny question, they were written against their states. And the LG of origin beside the state.

Guardian was a bit scarce today...
I wanna mail you now. Do you have immediate access to your mail?
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by whizkidy: 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
Hello, i Got it. Am from ekiti state. Scored 84

2 Likes

Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by Carsonv(m): 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2013
whizkidy: Hello, i Got it. Am from ekiti state. Scored 84

Congratulations!
I can't find Guardian newspaper anywhere. Can you help me write the names of people who got the scholarship from Abia State. Thanks.
Re: Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams by simplynace(m): 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
whizkidy: Hello, i Got it. Am from ekiti state. Scored 84

Ekiti has Popoola Oluwatosin and Owoeye Kehinde; so wch are you?

I thank God for everything for he deserves all praise...

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Mirabel Obi: My Father Lost Contracts Due To Twerking Video- UNN Medical Student / Success Storms Delta Pidgin Radio Station, Drops #DemGoFlogDemGoTire / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Builds A School In Ogun & It's Tuition-Free (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.