Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,456 members, 7,958,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:19 PM

Smoking Weed And Cigarettes In Kids Presence - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Smoking Weed And Cigarettes In Kids Presence (1103 Views)

When Your Presence Is Ruining The Show / Stimulating Creativity And Critical Thinking In Kids. / PICTURES THAT PROVE THERE IS INDECENCY IN KIDS CARTOON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smoking Weed And Cigarettes In Kids Presence by emRemiLek(m): 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2012
I know people do crazy and weird things, but i expect that we should have regard for our kids when we engage in certain vices.

Imagine my surprise wen i visited a friend and some other friends of his and his younger brother also came around, and right there in his sitting room they started smoking weed, and his kids (5 and 2) where right there. The act so shocked me i didnt know what to say. The annoying part was that the kids mom didnt see anything wrong wit her kids being in such environment.

Maybe i hav lost touch wit trends, but i strongly beliv it is absolutely wrong to expose kids to such. because at a point the older child started playing wit the smoke that my friends brother was puffing at her face. I told my friend my feelin, and he only laughed. I had to leave earlier than i intended.

What do you make of this kind of attitude?
Re: Smoking Weed And Cigarettes In Kids Presence by ifyalways(f): 2:49pm On Mar 26, 2012
I'm not God and so should not sit on the judgement seat but you know what?Your friend (parents of the kids) dont deserve to have kids.What type of irresponsible parenting and lifestyle is that?

How old are the parents themselves?
SMH @the growth rate of dysfunctional families with little or no values.

The other i hurriedly took my kids home from a beach when the fun turned sour.Some boys below 10 were dancing on stage and their idea of "entertainment" was to bring out and hold their tiny diicks in hand,making suggestive and dirty moves on the floor,puffing out long smokes from cigar and drowning glasses of beer.
Re: Smoking Weed And Cigarettes In Kids Presence by Ferya(f): 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2012
So sad! I keep wondering why badbehaved couples give birth while the good and loving ones cry to have just one. Imagine puffing weed smoke on a child. Oh!If only we have an active police:'I weep for the future youths of tomorrow...
Re: Smoking Weed And Cigarettes In Kids Presence by EfemenaXY: 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2012
em.RemiLek:
I know people do crazy and weird things, but i expect that we should have regard for our kids when we engage in certain vices.

Imagine my surprise wen i visited a friend and some other friends of his and his younger brother also came around, and right there in his sitting room they started smoking weed, and his kids (5 and 2) where right there. The act so shocked me i didnt know what to say. The annoying part was that the kids mom didnt see anything wrong wit her kids being in such environment.

Maybe i hav lost touch wit trends, but i strongly beliv it is absolutely wrong to expose kids to such. because at a point the older child started playing wit the smoke that my friends brother was puffing at her face. I told my friend my feelin, and he only laughed. I had to leave earlier than i intended.

Personally, I think it's wrong.

It common over here too - parents smoking in the same room / car with their kids right there. The government considered adopting a legislative law to make it illegal for parents to smoke in their cars in the presence of the kids. And guess what? They (the govt.) was accused of being a "nanny" state!

Anyway, there are health repercussions (risk of developing asthma, lung cancer, etc) involved here as the kids are subjected to "passive" smoking.
Re: Smoking Weed And Cigarettes In Kids Presence by EfemenaXY: 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2012
em.RemiLek:

Personally, I think it's wrong.

It common over here too - parents smoking in the same room / car with their kids right there. The government considered adopting a legislative law to make it illegal for parents to smoke in their cars in the presence of the kids. And guess what? They (the govt.) were accused of being a "nanny" state!

Anyway, there are health repercussions (risk of developing asthma, lung cancer, etc) involved here as the kids are subjected to "passive" smoking.
Re: Smoking Weed And Cigarettes In Kids Presence by emRemiLek(m): 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2012
Its really mind boggling.

I really felt bad. And the way the kids were playing with the brother and friends, u would know its somthin they hav bcom used to.
Re: Smoking Weed And Cigarettes In Kids Presence by MissIfe(f): 5:46pm On Mar 26, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Exactly! Some of my family members, and many of our friends smoke but they never do it in front of the kids. They go out to the garden or to any private place where children can't smell the smoke. The same way I watch my language, drinks and behavior in general in front of kids.

I will not lie to my kids that some adults smoke, but they will be aware of the risks attached to it and will know that others have to be respected (I also hate it when people smoke in my presence, had to argue with some friends when I was pregnant)
Re: Smoking Weed And Cigarettes In Kids Presence by Nobody: 2:25am On Mar 27, 2012
another reason why i would always be a firm advocate for abortion!

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten Reasons For Divorce / Heelllp! / Challenges Of Living On Lagos Island - Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.