Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Changes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Changes (1420 Views)

Pastor Convert/changes MFM Churuch To His Own / Adeboye Announces Changes In RCCG Hierarchy / Hama Terrorists Complains That The Jewish God Changes The Flight Of Their Rocket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Changes by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 01, 2007
Why do people change religion?
Re: Changes by pilgrim1(f): 1:14am On Nov 01, 2007
Lol. . . when they tell you the pros, I'll give you the cons. Fair enough?

Cheers. cheesy
Re: Changes by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 02, 2007
you dont mean you are converting do you
Re: Changes by Oby1(f): 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2007
With the division in Christainity can cause a shaky shaky Christain to change to other religion
Re: Changes by cgift(m): 1:17pm On Nov 02, 2007
Oby1:

With the division in Christainity can cause a shaky shaky Christain to change to other religion

Only babs will talk like that. Sorry to say. The main things to consider before choosing are

1) who are the founders of the religions in question?
2) what were their motivations?
3) what are the assurances we have in terms of salvation and afterlife?
4) what confidence levels do the anchors of the religions have in terms of spreading the message?
5) Is the mode of the spread of message humane and sustainable in temrs of humanliness as we have it today?

If these qustions are not good enough on one side, run from that side.

cheers!
Re: Changes by pilgrim1(f): 1:20pm On Nov 02, 2007
Oby1:

A person who truly knows Jesus Christ by the power of the holy Spirit does not need this fallacy up there! grin   If that is what you think solves his problem, I'm waiting for him to choose between the over 70 "divisions" of sects in Islam when he makes up his mind.
Re: Changes by pilgrim1(f): 1:24pm On Nov 02, 2007
@cgift,

Howdy? cheesy

cgift:

Lol. . . Muslims have always tried to make the questions "good enough". They can re-engineer their hypocrisies and fabricated fantacies to dribble Islam into parts of the Bible - the ultimate fabu which has been that they tried to make Muhammad into "the Holy Spirit" where Allah never called him so in the Qur'an or Hadith! grin
Re: Changes by cgift(m): 1:49pm On Nov 02, 2007
pilgrim.1:

@cgift,

Howdy? cheesy

Lol. . . Muslims have always tried to make the questions "good enough". They can re-engineer their hypocrisies and fabricated fantacies to dribble Islam into parts of the Bible - the ultimate fabu which has been that they tried to make Muhammad into "the Holy Spirit" where Allah never called him so in the Qur'an or Hadith! grin

My honourable Sis, I dey like beans grin
That fanatic dem dey call babs, is a very good example of a confusionist. H should be in Confucianism and not Islam grin
You know what, I think babs [/b]should be working on his own translation of the quran like [b]Pithall grin grin grin
Re: Changes by pilgrim1(f): 2:41pm On Nov 02, 2007
cgift:

You know what, I think babs [/b]should be working on his own translation of the quran like [b]Pithall grin grin grin

Haaaaarrgghh!! grin

Pickthall was way too advanced for simpletons like Babs. . . but I can't wait to see the latter publish his own "blabation" (a contraction of 'translation' and 'blabbing')! grin
Re: Changes by babs787(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2007
@pilgrims

Insert Quote
@cgift,

Howdy?

Quote from: cgift on Today at 01:17:40 PM

Lol. . . Muslims have always tried to make the questions "good enough". They can re-engineer their hypocrisies and fabricated fantacies to dribble Islam into parts of the Bible - the ultimate fabu which has been that they tried to make Muhammad into "the Holy Spirit" where Allah never called him so in the Qur'an or Hadith!

It seems you are having problem with that word, please if Muhammad is not a spirit, can the holy spirit be 'another' comforter when it is already in existence?

Haaaaarrgghh!!

Pickthall was way too advanced for simpletons like Babs. . . but I can't wait to see the latter publish his own "blabation" (a contraction of 'translation' and 'blabbing')!

There are some threads for you already, so you can go there and we go to the lost and corrupted revelations with regards to the origin of the bible.

@cgift

y honourable Sis, I dey like beans
That fanatic them dey call babs, is a very good example of a confusionist. H should be in Confucianism and not Islam
You know what, I think babs should be working on his own translation of the quran like Pithall

We know you for that, you may call babs any name, its your problem. grin
Re: Changes by babs787(m): 3:47pm On Nov 02, 2007
@pilgrims

Insert Quote
@cgift,

Howdy?

Quote from: cgift on Today at 01:17:40 PM

Lol. . . Muslims have always tried to make the questions "good enough". They can re-engineer their hypocrisies and fabricated fantacies to dribble Islam into parts of the Bible - the ultimate fabu which has been that they tried to make Muhammad into "the Holy Spirit" where Allah never called him so in the Qur'an or Hadith!

It seems you are having problem with that word, please if Muhammad is not a spirit, can the holy spirit be 'another' comforter when it is already in existence?

Haaaaarrgghh!!  

Pickthall was way too advanced for simpletons like Babs. . . but I can't wait to see the latter publish his own "blabation" (a contraction of 'translation' and 'blabbing')!

There are some threads for you already, so you can go there and we go to the lost and corrupted revelations with regards to the origin of the bible.

@cgift

y honourable Sis, I dey like beans
That fanatic them dey call babs, is a very good example of a confusionist. H should be in Confucianism and not Islam
You know what, I think babs should be working on his own translation of the quran like Pithall

We know you for that, you may call babs any name, its your problem. grin
Re: Changes by pilgrim1(f): 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

I didn't ask you about "a spirit", but about "THE HOLY SPIRIT". The simple question has always been:

WHERE did ALLAH ever refer to Muhammad as THE HOLY SPIRIT?!? cool

(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1643198)
(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1643234)
(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1643296)
Re: Changes by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 03, 2007
@poster
goodluck to you
The first thing is to beleive that Allah is one, and that Muhammad {Pbuh] is his messenger.
There are five fundamental pillars in Islam
namely
1. To beleive that Allah is one, and that Muhammad {Pbuh] is his messenger and servant
2. To perform Salat i.e (The five daily prayer)
3. To perform the act of giving zakat(i.e giving to the needy, from what you have)
4. To fast during the month of Ramadan
5. To go to the Holy land of Mecca( If you got the powers to do that)

Wish you the best ,if you need more help
you might post it here, i will try to follow up.
Re: Changes by pilgrim1(f): 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2007
mdsocks:

There are five fundamental pillars in Islam

(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1643198)
(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1643234)
(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1643296)

[size=14pt]John 14:26[/size]
Re: Changes by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 03, 2007
pilgrim.1:

@pilgrim.1 or whatever you might call you name

am here to help the poster and not the garbage you paste in here
I have realised and convinced that it is a watse of time trying to show you the truth.
The yorubas have a proverb "Aja to ma sonu, koni gbo fere olode"
meaning "A dog that is doomed ,will not listen to the call of the Hunter"
When you are explained the right thing to, you don't accept so what's the use of explaining to you
I deduced that answering any of your post is a total waste of energy and time ,which in my case i value very much.
You might call me names, but am not bothered about that.

@poster
Wish you the best ,if you need more help
you might post it here, i will try to follow up.
Re: Changes by pilgrim1(f): 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2007
@mdsocks,

mdsocks:

@pilgrim.1 or whatever you might call you name

That's my username - no mistakes! cool

mdsocks:

am here to help the poster and not the garbage you paste in here

The 'garbage' you're referring to is my help to the poster. You Muslims should not use your duplicity to mislead people under the pretences that you're propagating truth.

mdsocks:

I have realised and convinced that it is a watse of time trying to show you the truth.

There is no truth you guys have tried to share on the Forum. The sickening duplicity just could not any longer be left unquestioned - and that was why I had to carefully walk you guys through your claims. If Muslims will learn to rest their bogus claims and not frantically try to buttress Islam from the Bible - nobody would even bother to ask if Islam exists.

mdsocks:

The yorubas have a proverb "Aja to ma sonu, koni gbo fere olode"
meaning "A dog that is doomed ,will not listen to the call of the Hunter"

There's no Jihadist born, dead, alive or yet unborn that can "hunt" pilgrim.1 - I can guarantee you that! cool

mdsocks:

When you are explained the right thing to, you don't accept so what's the use of explaining to you

LYING that Muhammad is the Holy Spirit in John 14 and 16 is not "explaining" - it is DUPLICITY! And pilgrim.1 is not that gullible to recite your fabrications in Arabic and feel good about the obvious LIES!!

mdsocks:

I deduced that answering any of your post is a total waste of energy and time ,which in my case i value very much.

You're daft! WHY did you reply the previous one in the first place? grin

mdsocks:

You might call me names, but am not bothered about that.

Good. If you learn to address me properly, I will return the same - trust me. You don't go about trying to engage me in your first response on Nairaland referrng to me as "ignorant" when you have no clues of your own FRAUD. cool

Enjoy.
Re: Changes by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2007
pilgrim.1:

@mdsocks,
The 'garbage' you're referring to is my help to the poster. You Muslims should not use your duplicity to mislead people under the pretences that you're propagating truth.

and why do you have to quote me and point me to alink if you not referring to me

There's no Jihadist born, dead, alive or yet unborn that can "hunt" pilgrim.1 - I can guarantee you that!
That says it all
Just a yoruba proverb, you can't undertsand it.
I wonder how you will understand a Verse of the Quran during a discussion
I have always said arguing with you is a waste of time!. And this is a pointer

LYING that Muhammad is the Holy Spirit in John 14 and 16 is not "explaining" - it is DUPLICITY! And pilgrim.1 is not that gullible to recite your fabrications in Arabic and feel good about the obvious LIES!!
and whats as that got to do with the thread
If you are dealing with me ,pls don't carry post from other threads , which i don't forsee in the near future
I know it's always a plot to divert from posts so as to cause confusion

You're daft! WHY did you reply the previous one in the first place?
isn't that a rumour,
replying you in the first place was to give you a red alert that am not here for talking nonsense.

. If you learn to address me properly, I will return the same - trust me. You don't go about trying to engage me in your first response on Nairaland referrng to me as "ignorant" when you have no clues of your own FRAUD.

No need replying you,
Your posts have shown the kind of person you are!
Re: Changes by pilgrim1(f): 2:01pm On Nov 03, 2007
@mdsocks,

mdsocks:

and why do you have to quote me and point me to alink if you not referring to me

Stop whinging. The answer is already there - there's no use for you guys to pretend you're serving truth to the public when deep down the road you know you're being dubious. THAT, my dear mdsocks, was the reason why I left those links to you. Live with it! cool

mdsocks:

Just a yoruba proverb, you can't undertsand it.

Rubbish! It is only when you guys project your crass mentality that you rush to a Yoruba proverb as first aid! Was my response too hard for you to decode? Or who were you insinuating was a "dog"? Lol. . grin

mdsocks:

I wonder how you will understand a Verse of the Quran during a discussion
I have always said arguing with you is a waste of time!. And this is a pointer
and whats as that got to do with the thread

It has got nothing to do with the thread - I give you that! <looong hisss!!> grin

No vex, mdsocks! I have always been open to discussions and have invited contributions that foster an understanding of the Qur'an and hadith. But the rascal Muslim attitude of waving obvious lies in our faces is not going to remain unchallenged!

mdsocks:

If you are dealing with me ,please don't carry post from other threads , which i don't forsee in the near future

Okay, I hear. grin

mdsocks:

I know it's always a plot to divert from posts so as to cause confusion

I don't "plot" anything - we're now having to deal with numerous "plots" from Al-Qaida, you forget? grin

As for diversion, don't cry yourself to sleep. I've alwasy called for Muslims to respect the topic of threads. I trust you're not that blind to see that Muslims are the very ones who first and alwasy deflect threads?

mdsocks:

isn't that a rumour,
replying you in the first place was to give you a red alert that am not here for talking nonsense.

Go check out the meaning of "rumour" - and come back to let me know that you did NOT reply my post! <another looooooong hiisssss!!> Do you need some admission to read basic English?

mdsocks:

No need replying you,
Your posts have shown the kind of person you are!

Good. You can now rest your nonsense and give space for your Muslim apologists to come and litter the thread with more nonsense.

Cherio. smiley
Re: Changes by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 03, 2007
If you need me to break it down for you.
You're daft!
i told you i think it's a rumour,
cos am hearing it for the first time

Go check out the meaning of "rumour" - and come back to let me know that you did NOT reply my post! <another looooooong hiisssss!!> Do you need some admission to read basic English?
hahaha  grin
babs is correct about you.
the thread is now Admission to learn English abi ?

pilgrim.1 , it will do you no good, if you allow that thing to push you to stupid conclusions

[size=1pt]Md you got better things to do, dude
[/size]

@poster
you can go to (Muslims what did you learn today )thread, to learn more about Islam
Re: Changes by pilgrim1(f): 3:04pm On Nov 03, 2007
@mdsocks,

mdsocks:

If you need me to break it down for you.

You're daft!

i told you i think it's a rumour,
because am hearing it for the first time

Oh, I see. And what does it matter that you've already confirmed it again? grin

mdsocks:

hahaha grin
babs is actually correct about you.
the thread is now Admission to learn English abi ?

grin Awww. . . I didn't realize you're denser than I originally had thought. Where did I claim that the thread is now "Admission to learn English"?

Has asking if you need one become the same thing as making that a topic of the thread? You Muslims are really thick upstairs! grin
Re: Changes by babs787(m): 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2007
@pilgrims

cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy

You better accept Islam before its too late because this your maradona style dey make me laugh.
Re: Changes by pilgrim1(f): 5:52pm On Nov 03, 2007
babs787:

@pilgrims

cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy

You better accept Islam before its too late because this your maradona style dey make me laugh.

Please keep laughing. You don't convert me to duplicity and the big HOGWASH! cool

I've said it before - if simply-minded people like olabowale can see things easily, what hope is there for the LYING that they rest of you cannot learn to get done with?
Re: Changes by babs787(m): 6:18pm On Nov 03, 2007
@pilgrims

Do not say we did not tell you oooooo
Re: Changes by pilgrim1(f): 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2007
babs787:

@pilgrims

Do not say we did not tell you oooooo

Rest your heart. All is well with me in Jesus Christ! cheesy
Re: Changes by babs787(m): 4:05pm On Nov 04, 2007
@pilgrims

I dont think so, I love you and want the best for you.
Re: Changes by dapsycool(m): 8:12am On Nov 05, 2007
@topic, Islam is the way of destruction, be very cafeful as the founder of Islam, is a terrorist.
Osama is no terrorist compared to that cunning guy call Mohammed. That same super man Mohammed said God controls human shadow with the Sun, which to Mohammed is mysterious and a miracle but to science the earth movement changes one's shadow,Imagine that thing called Ka'ba where pagans worship, now converted to un "holy" place where u'll face while praying. There's a FAVOURITE leg used in entering the mosque which reminds one of Sango worshippers. Beware of dogs cause they see or send away good spirits, the Alhaji that lives behind my place got 5 different breeds of dogs. FIGHT for allah and great is your reward in heaven, you might want to kill your neighbor so allah would preserve a virgin Alicia Keys for u in heaven to enjoy as a reward for killing non islams, Muslims also have continuous assessment test,5 salat. A muslim friend of mine told me, u got marks for each prayer, the bigger headgear the more marks u get. He also told me after death, some kinda unholy spirits come to play with you in the grave according to each salat.
Ask muslims about the coming back of Jesus and u'll see their funny responses, some would say he's coming back as a muslim to correct the mistakes of the Christians, Some would say he's coming to kill the devil, others don't even know, while some are not sure he's coming back. Don't worry the choice is yours, but be assured we don't serve the same God. I'm writting a book "The case against Islam" When i'm through, i'll unleash some pages here
Re: Changes by pilgrim1(f): 9:14am On Nov 05, 2007
dapsycool:

Muslims also have continuous assessment test,5 salat. A muslim friend of mine told me, u got marks for each prayer, the bigger headgear the more marks u get. He also told me after death, some kind of unholy spirits come to play with you in the grave according to each salat.

Lol. . . @dapsycool,

Some of the things you stated are true; but it may not effectively convey reason to our Muslim friends, for they may think you were merely out to tease them - which shouldn't be the case.

It is true, for instance, that Muslims are rewarded for the prayers they offer - a sort of 'marks' awarded for how many prayers they offer, and how they offer them.

And the matter of the grave after one's death is also true - for Muhammad himself declared that there Muslims are being tortured in their graves (that is, even before the Resurrection Day or Judgement Day):

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 215:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: Once the Prophet, while passing through
one of the grave-yards of Medina or Mecca heard the voices of
two persons who were being tortured in their graves.
The Prophet said, "These two persons are being tortured not for
a major sin (to avoid)."
The Prophet then added, "Yes! (they are being tortured for a major sin).
Indeed, one of them never saved himself from being soiled with his urine
while the other used to go about with calumnies (to make enmiy between friends).
The Prophet then asked for a green leaf of a date-palm tree, broke it into two pieces
and put one on each grave. On being asked why he had done so, he replied,
"I hope that their torture might be lessened, till these get dried."

One may also wonder at Muhammad's attitude to bereaved people weeping near the graves of their late relatives:

[list]Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 23, Number 379:
Narrated Ibn 'Umar from his father:
The Prophet said, "The deceased is tortured in his grave for the wailing done over him." [/list]

[list]Sahih Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 376:
Narrated 'Aisha:
(the wife of the Prophet) Once Allah's Apostle passed by (the grave of) a Jewess whose relatives were weeping over her. He said, "They are weeping over her and she is being tortured in her grave." [/list]

[list]Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 23, Number 377:
Narrated Abu Burda:
That his father said, "When Umar was stabbed, Suhaib started crying: O my brother! 'Umar said, 'Don't you know that the Prophet said: The deceased is tortured for the weeping of the living'?"[/list]

But Muhammad himself had no problem shedding tears when the calamity befell him:

[list]
Sahih Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 374:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
We were (in the funeral procession) of one of the daughters of the Prophet and he was sitting by the side of the grave. I saw his eyes shedding tears. He said, "Is there anyone among you who did not have sexual relations with his wife last night?" Abu Talha replied in the affirmative. And so the Prophet told him to get down in the grave. And so he got down in her grave.[/list]

There is the matter. grin
Re: Changes by babs787(m): 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2007
@pilgrims

If they post any truth from your bible with regards to God Jesus in the Ot and NT, you go start to dey cry 'deriding' when they even backed same with verses from your bible.

Na wa o. Quit this your game, its not helping you

Can I have your email address?
Re: Changes by mutter(f): 12:02am On Nov 06, 2007
What a shame, the oridginal poster just wanted some answers.
Why does it have to get so emotional, that abuses have to flow?
To Convert ones Religion, is a very big step that one does not have to take lightly. IT is most likely that you may meet with a lot of negative reaction from you family and friends.
Needless to say Islam is not a very popular at the moment.
You also have to spend time learning all about the new religion, but that comes with time.
I converted to islam almost twenty years ago.
What fasinated me then was a religion where it was me and my God, with noone in between.
Please this is my personal opinion, so i would like it to be respected, without being showered with abuses here.
Re: Changes by Nobody: 2:13am On Nov 06, 2007
mutter:

What fasinated me then was a religion where it was me and my God, with noone in between.

This is farcical. Islam is all about mohammed and then a god who can never be seen even in al jannat. How then can it be a religion between you and your god? A god you have no personal relationship with?
Re: Changes by Nobody: 4:07am On Nov 06, 2007
@ the poster,Muhammad was so full of sins that he declared he didn't even know what allah would do to him at his demise.

By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me.” (Hadith vol. 5, no. 266). So if Mohammad was not sure and he was the beginner of this religion how can any Muslim

At his death bed,when the poison took control rather than repent of his many sins,see what "the noble prophet" said.

Al-Bukhari and Muslim report that `Aa`ishah said: "When the Messenger of Allah (saas ) was close to death, he covered his face with a cloth, and then when it became difficult for him to breathe, he uncovered his face and said:

"May Allah (swt ) curse the Jews and Christians who took the graves of their Prophets as places of worship - do not imitate them."

He is nobody to imitate.
most sensible people are peaceful near death
but this tyrant was mean to the last breathe

Ask Jesus to come into your heart and sincerely do so
He will show you that excellent way.

hear the assurance

John 1:12  “but to all who did receive Him, He gave them the right to be children of God, to those who believe in His name,”
Re: Changes by Nobody: 4:23am On Nov 06, 2007
1 John 5:11-15: “And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. Now this is the confidence that we have in Him

It doesn't get any sweeter than that,does it?

(1) (Reply)

Discovering The Jewish Jesus / How Many Atheists Are Suffering From Withdrawal Symptoms? / Take Heed That You Do Not Your Alms Before Men, To Be Seen Of Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.