Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

What You Should Know About Charcoal Business Before You Go Into It! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What You Should Know About Charcoal Business Before You Go Into It! (3377 Views)

Charcoal Business / Charcoal Business / Capital To Start Charcoal Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Should Know About Charcoal Business Before You Go Into It! by page9(m): 9:02am On Mar 29, 2012
@all

Hi,

Charcoal business, as it is done here is not proper. I was thinking of going into the biz along with a couple of friends. But when I realise the degree of deforestation and environmental degradation going on to produce charcoal for both local and foreign market, I opted out immediately.

No one bothers about re-planting the trees. For every container of charcoal you see going abroad, over 500 or more trees may have been felled down without any consideration of what happens to the environment.

When the trees in one area have been completely depleted, they move to new areas and start all over again and again!

Unfortunately, no one seems to care. Corruption and lawlessness in our country makes such biz thrive unlike in develop countries where you are expected to plant more tree and you dare not cut any tree!

While there is nothing wrong in making money, we should think of the generations coming behind us and do nothing to make life difficult for them.

Let's make the world a better place than we met it. Most countries buying our charcoal have more trees than we do but they prefer to preserve their own.

Ask yourself, when last did you plant a tree?

Pple may not agree with me but I think there are better businesses we can do without hurting the environment

Coal is a better biz even though this has also contributed to erosion in the east. it is still a lesser evil.

I am a bizman but I am choosy in the line of business I do because I am responsible to God, humanity and the environment. I expect same of every businessman and woman.

My people, money is not everything o!!

Let us protect and preserve our environment for the coming generations!

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Charcoal Business Before You Go Into It! by SceptreBizMag: 5:08pm On Mar 29, 2012
@ Page9,

I believe you have spoken well.

People should be wise enough to know that businesses that go against the laws of the land and the government can never succeed.

Its just a waste of time!
Re: What You Should Know About Charcoal Business Before You Go Into It! by bigx(m): 6:53pm On May 14, 2012
page9: @all

Hi,

Charcoal business, as it is done here is not proper. I was thinking of going into the biz along with a couple of friends. But when I realise the degree of deforestation and environmental degradation going on to produce charcoal for both local and foreign market, I opted out immediately.

No one bothers about re-planting the trees. For every container of charcoal you see going abroad, over 500 or more trees may have been felled down without any consideration of what happens to the environment.

When the trees in one area have been completely depleted, they move to new areas and start all over again and again!

Unfortunately, no one seems to care. Corruption and lawlessness in our country makes such biz thrive unlike in develop countries where you are expected to plant more tree and you dare not cut any tree!

While there is nothing wrong in making money, we should think of the generations coming behind us and do nothing to make life difficult for them.

Let's make the world a better place than we met it. Most countries buying our charcoal have more trees than we do but they prefer to preserve their own.

Ask yourself, when last did you plant a tree?

Pple may not agree with me but I think there are better businesses we can do without hurting the environment

Coal is a better biz even though this has also contributed to erosion in the east. it is still a lesser evil.

I am a bizman but I am choosy in the line of business I do because I am responsible to God, humanity and the environment. I expect same of every businessman and woman.

My people, money is not everything o!!

Let us protect and preserve our environment for the coming generations!

Same thing with the timber industry, you can't find commercial trees anymore nowadays to log, I was into the business of sourcing and processing wood from the forest for timber markets early 2010 and quit for more or less the same reason as you.
Re: What You Should Know About Charcoal Business Before You Go Into It! by EXPORTFINANCE: 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2015
I need Oak charcoal in large quantity 24mt/container...if you can supply to Lagos port...kindly contact me on 08077881934 serious suppliers please....

(1) (Reply)

Best ATM Card For International Payment / Looking For Glass Frosting, Window Graphics, Office Partitioning Professionals? / Amazonmerch Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.