Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? (2571 Views)

Report Any Filling Station Selling Petrol Above N87 To DPR Here / How To Start A Bottle Water Company Production In Nigeria( Must Read!!!) / I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? by chibikee: 6:53am On Mar 30, 2012
if you have 25mil; which of these business will you invest in. which one is more recurative. Please advise.
Re: 25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? by Nairaplus(m): 8:09am On Mar 30, 2012
chibikee: if you have 25mil; which of these business will you invest in. which one is more recurative. Please advise.
First, you need to ask: Is 25 million naira capable of starting any of the 3 businesses you mentioned?

I can only answer to the best of knowledge, which is for Bottled Water Packaging business, but I recommend that you carry out a market survey for the remaining two.
You need a feasibility study to have a view of what expect when starting your business. The feasibility study will be your hands-on guide, just like a quantity surveyor is in civil/building construction.

Although a feasibility study is not a crystal ball, it helps you know the project cost, which includes all things from fixed assets (like Land, building, equipment/machines, fixtures/furniture, etc) working capital/operating expenses, manpower requirements/cost and raw materials requirement, source and cost. A feasibility study will also give you an overview of monthly financial projections for the first year and annual records for another 2 or 4 years. This helps especially in determining what production level you need to stay above break-even point and post a net profit. With knowledge of this you can also create marketing plan that will achieve the sales required to produce this result.

I have the water packaging feasibility study, which I personally created with accompanying spreadsheet for all the financial tables. You could have it if you so desire, but it costs you though. My advice is that you take the time to find a good feasibility study for the other two businesses.

That way, you can screen the three and see clearly which one looks more promising. I hope this helped. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: 25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? by henrimax: 3:23pm On Apr 13, 2012
@Nairaplus ,
My broda i can understand u have put in some time n resources into your feasibility study for the bottled water biz. well am interested to see what u've got. Please let me know hw to get it. My email is tee2h@yahoo.com.
Re: 25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? by Nairaplus(m): 11:26pm On Apr 14, 2012
henrimax: @Nairaplus ,
My broda i can understand u have put in some time n resources into your feasibility study for the bottled water biz. well am interested to see what u've got. Please let me know hw to get it. My email is tee2h@yahoo.com.

@henrimax, thanks for the commendation. I have sent you a mail with the details you requested.
Re: 25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? by mkmyers45(m): 12:07am On Apr 15, 2012
Are you looking at other business? I may have some ideas to share with you.
Re: 25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? by stagger: 2:17am On Apr 15, 2012
OP,

A petrol station without a doubt is the way to go.

You do not need to go looking for customers; customers will locate you, and that for me is the best kind of business. I have the feasibility report already done.

N25m will not build you a station in the township however, due to the cost of land. It can build you a rural one.

There is only one filling station in my state, built in the 80s, and I can tell you that it makes money for the owners.
Re: 25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? by stagger: 2:18am On Apr 15, 2012
OP,

A petrol station without a doubt is the way to go.

You do not need to go looking for customers; customers will locate you, and that for me is the best kind of business. I have the feasibility report already done.

N25m will not build you a station in the township however, due to the cost of land. It can build you a rural one.

There is only one filling station in my village, built in the 80s, and I can tell you that it makes money for the owners.
Re: 25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? by henrimax: 10:49am On Apr 15, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]@Stagger i appreciate the fact that you have done your feasibliity study on Petrol stations. yes cusatomers do go to petrol stations but not all petol stations, although they are even located within cities,where they should enjoy better patronage. Most times you barely find 2 to 3 cars in such stations, not cos they r selling at higher pump prices but they just dont enjoy enough patronage. The only period they experience much activity are during unusual situations like scarcity. I keep wondering how long it takes for them to exhaust what products they have and make profits. These days petrol attendants are really less busy, some even sleep beside the pumps, LOL. So i ask you, is a Petrol station the way to go?
Moreso these days that we can at least boast of some level of stability of supply.
Maybe you might have a better explanation for that.

Stagger i appreciate the fact that you have done your feasibliity study on Petrol stations. yes cusatomers do go to petrol stations but not all petol stations, although they are even located within cities,where they should enjoy better patronage. Most times you barely find 2 to 3 cars in such stations, not cos they r selling at higher pump prices but they just dont enjoy enough patronage. The only period they experience much activity are during unusual situations like scarcity. I keep wondering how long it takes for them to exhaust what products they have and make profits. These days petrol attendants are really less busy, some even sleep beside the pumps, LOL. So i ask you, is a Petrol station the way to go?
Moreso these days that we can at least boast of some level of stability of supply.
Maybe you might have a better explanation for that.

Are you looking at other business? I may have some ideas to share with you.
@Mkmyers45, please feel free to share whatever you have, it might just b the turning point.
Re: 25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? by henrimax: 10:51am On Apr 15, 2012
sorry for the duplication.
Re: 25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? by mkmyers45(m): 11:14am On Apr 15, 2012
henrimax: sorry for the duplication.
You can reach me on: 08037602631
Re: 25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? by chibikee: 11:03am On Apr 26, 2012
@nairaplus
please could share with me your feasibility study for the bottled water business. My email is chibykes2@yahoo.com . Am out of the country at the moment , if after going through it and its feasible , then once i am back in few months times, i will giv u a call to discuss it in details.

mkmyers45: Are you looking at other business? I may have some ideas to share with you.

Could you also share your ideas my email is written above
Re: 25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? by olumolar55(m): 2:30pm On May 22, 2012
@nairaplus.. can you please email me how to get this feasibility study on Water project. my email is olumolar@yahoo.co.uk
Re: 25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? by Nairaplus(m): 6:52am On May 23, 2012
chibikee: @nairaplus
please could share with me your feasibility study for the bottled water business. My email is chibykes2@yahoo.com . Am out of the country at the moment , if after going through it and its feasible , then once i am back in few months times, i will giv u a call to discuss it in details. Could you also share your ideas my email is written above

I could share some ideas, but just like I stated earlier, the feasibility study is strictly For~SALE. Nevertheless, I have just sent you an email.

olumolar55: @nairaplus.. can you please email me how to get this feasibility study on Water project. my email is olumolar@yahoo.co.uk
I have sent you the email.

(1) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About The Konga “fall Yakata” Christmas Sales / Brazil Tops Buyers Of Nigeria Crude Oil (SEE FULL LIST) / Ethanol For Sale. (canada Seal Ethanol Drum)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.