Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,615 members, 7,843,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

“How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] (26538 Views)

Sade Okoya Dazzles For Hello! Nigeria Magazine(photos) / This Guy Makes Millions Polishing Shoes! / Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by brainchild78(m): 1:51pm On Mar 31, 2012
Linda Ikeja like a few other nigerians been able to successfully reap the financial benefits of blogging. I personally do not generate millions monthy on d net but I have generated thousands via blogging combine with writing articles online. To find out how I have done this click on d link indicated in my signature below or visit my profile
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by unphilaz(m): 2:01pm On Mar 31, 2012
Ola one:

ROTFLMAO

An obscure nerd. . . check

Who lives in an opaque bunker. . .check.

In a remote town called Ota. . .check

Close to a certain crude pig farmer. . .check

Oh boy, you badt gan oo smiley
you too funny nah
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by ekwynwa: 2:21pm On Mar 31, 2012
I ve met and chatted with Linda on many occasions, she is still struggling like an average blogger. I love Linda for her modesty but as for making millions with her blog how? At least she should explain how the millions turn in. pls yes magazine should shove this crap down the gutters. Her blog is just there like many other blogs around. uche of Bellanaija is doing a better job and she obviously takes the lead on entertainment coverage.
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by unclenna(m): 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2012
Linda ride on.
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by samyng(m): 2:54pm On Mar 31, 2012
I wonder how much seun is making then.. If linda is making this.. Na wah oo Online Business is Good OO
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by azubaby(f): 3:13pm On Mar 31, 2012
Good for her... wink
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by PastorKun(m): 4:11pm On Mar 31, 2012
I don't know were you guys get your info from but nairaland is by far the most popular website of Nigerian origin judging from the number of hits it records a day. Nairaland is definitely way ahead of linda ikeji
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by ilekky(m): 4:17pm On Mar 31, 2012
She has really demonstrated that with patience and perseverance,

the sky is the starting point.She is focused and determined.
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by Basics007: 5:08pm On Mar 31, 2012
If i had a dollar for everytime i've heard about linda ikeji and her blogging millions i would've been a millionaire by now. I'm a big fan of hers but i hope armed robbers dont visit her with all this her noise about makin millions.
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by maclatunji: 5:53pm On Mar 31, 2012
Some points:

1. Nairaland is not a blog (web log).

2. Lindaikeji..com is the No.1 blog in Nigeria.

3. Nairaland is no longer the No.1 Nigerian-owned website after it was dethroned by Vanguardngr.com

It is possible for Linda's income to rival or beat Seun's because she charges rates for people to advertise on her blog apart from Google Adsense, I seriously doubt Seun gets paid anything for Nairaland outside Google Adsense.

1 Like

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by denzel2009: 5:56pm On Mar 31, 2012
maclatunji: Some points:

1. Nairaland is not a blog (web log).

2. Lindaikeji..com is the No.1 blog in Nigeria.

3. Nairaland is no longer the No.1 website in Nigeria after it was dethroned by Vanguardngr.com

It is possible for Linda's income to rival or beat Seun's because she chrages rates for people to advertise on her blog apart from Google Adsense, I seriously doubt Seun gets paid anything for Nairaland outside Google Adsense.

Musiwa pays Seun to host his maps.

1 Like

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by maclatunji: 6:00pm On Mar 31, 2012
denzel2009:

So that he can Becomerich
denzel2009:

So that he can Becomerich grin.
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by damilola15: 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2012
ifeci:

Bi-annually, annually, semi-annually, monthly,semi-monthly, bi-monthly or what?
Also in what currency
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by denzel2009: 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2012
maclatunji: So that he can Becomerich So that he can Becomerich grin.

you catch it lol
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by LailaIkeji1: 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2012
pro01:

As funny as it may seem, Linda may be making or may be capable of making more money from her blog than Seun is making from Nairaland. For one, her blog is more popular (or infamous if you prefer) than Nairaland. Secondly, Linda makes the most of her celebrity power to attract attention of those that matter to her blog. Seun is mostly an obcure nerd holed up in one remote bunker in Ota. He would be much richer if he evolved into a celebrity by actively getting more media mentions and making more appearances in the conventional media.

Come on Pro01!!

U no try wt calling Seun an obscure nerd at all.

Tho sha, that doesnt change who he really is.

u r on an obscure nerd's website. hmm, dat obscure nerd must really be a genius oo.
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by prettyrich(f): 6:34pm On Mar 31, 2012
ben4ever: Indeed, follow ur passion and it will take you to places. these are the kind of nigeria women i respect and glad to know!
So wat r u waiting for,give her a call or better still visit her blog for a chat wit her. u might jst be lucky, she is still single u know!
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by Hottestbuoy(m): 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2012
Hmmmmmmmph! Wat mo could i hv possibly said than to appreciate wat God has done 4 her......but she shudnt hc said its a combination of hardwork n God..she shud hc said plainly dat it is simply God's hand....God's timinq.....
All d same All Glory belonqs to God..am so happy 4 her
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by DExplorer1: 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2012
pro01:

As funny as it may seem, Linda may be making or may be capable of making more money from her blog than Seun is making from Nairaland. For one, her blog is more popular (or infamous if you prefer) than Nairaland. Secondly, Linda makes the most of her celebrity power to attract attention of those that matter to her blog. Seun is mostly an obcure nerd holed up in one remote bunker in Ota. He would be much richer if he evolved into a celebrity by actively getting more media mentions and making more appearances in the conventional media.

I can't agree less. Seun seems to shy away from the real deal. I believe he loves to bury his head.

If he wants rapid growth for NL, relocate to Lagos and network with who is who. Seun, you got a name already and that should open doors and people will be ready to listen to you.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know

Whatever you're doing now is not "one-step-at-a-time" neither is it "slow-and-steady" Grow up man!
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by maclatunji: 6:56pm On Mar 31, 2012
D-Explorer:

I can't agree less. Seun seems to shy away from the real deal. I believe he loves to bury his head.

If he wants rapid growth for NL, relocate to Lagos and network with who is who. Seun, you got a name already and that should open doors and people will be ready to listen to you.

Whatever you're doing now is not "one-step-at-a-time" neither is it "slow-and-steady" Grow up man!

He will probably tell you to go and build your own Nairaland before you can advise him.
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by DExplorer1: 7:14pm On Mar 31, 2012
maclatunji:

He will probably tell you to go and build your own Nairaland before you can advise him.

He's my fb friend and he said something similar via comment sometime ago. I told him how his forum is been massively used by celebs and even mentions in nollywood movies, i'm sure he knows that. Maybe it's his mods or him accepting to be a "village-boy" or "local-champion" that i can't say. When he mentioned his mentors, i see him as their opposite. No hates Seun, you need more than NL admin to get there. Don't forget i'm also a webmaster, i know your excuses but you got the platform, makes it easier. Again, grow up man!

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by emsquare(m): 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2012
question: Its fun but sometimes her blogging steps on toes. She has to be careful to avoid any kind of litigation.

Hmmm!!!
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by maclatunji: 7:43pm On Mar 31, 2012
D-Explorer:

He's my fb friend and he said something similar via comment sometime ago. I told him how his forum is been massively used by celebs and even mentions in nollywood movies, i'm sure he knows that. Maybe it's his mods or him accepting to be a "village-boy" or "local-champion" that i can't say. When he mentioned his mentors, i see him as their opposite. No hates Seun, you need more than NL admin to get there. Don't forget i'm also a webmaster, i know your excuses but you got the platform, makes it easier. Again, grow up man!

As far as I am concerned, no Nigerian has really captured the Nigerian internet market space yet. Google and Facebook have seen the potential and are moving-in for the kill. I am just observing, watching, waiting and learning.
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by cowgurl: 8:15pm On Mar 31, 2012
Go gurl, u rock. Our broda Seun myt v his own plans as wel but waitin 4 d ryt tym 2 strike cos believin dat e built d site js 4 d fun of it is just unthinkable.
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 31, 2012
Make she keep quiet jare, Nairaland rocks, its why am here. Never heard or even know the name of her blog as at this minute.
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by mollie12: 10:15pm On Mar 31, 2012
D-Explorer:

Apparently you seem to have all the advice Mr seun needs to blow up and make his millions. Just wondering what YOU have achieved for yourself with your advice.

As far as I'm concerned, the two websites serve two distinct purposes and thus have no basis for comparism the way you've done. And why is it so hard for Nigerians to assume that not everyone derives motivation from cash?

3 Likes

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by 401k: 10:39pm On Mar 31, 2012
maclatunji:

As far as I am concerned, no Nigerian has really captured the Nigerian internet market space yet. Google and Facebook have seen the potential and are moving-in for the kill. I am just observing, watching, waiting and learning.

No nigerian has captured the nigerian internet space because most nigerians are computer illiterate. Besides, nigerian traffic is not worth anything at the moment, even facebook, yahoo and google can ban nigerians from using their services and they won't sneeze.
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by Kingmanny88(m): 11:18pm On Mar 31, 2012
Sup ogbongzky.....really interested in knowing the essentials of blogging.
My e-mail address is coolmanny4u@gmail.com;
Hope to hear from you man....thanks.
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by maclatunji: 7:45am On Apr 01, 2012
401k:

No nigerian has captured the nigerian internet space because most nigerians are computer illiterate. Besides, nigerian traffic is not worth anything at the moment, even facebook, yahoo and google can ban nigerians from using their services and they won't sneeze.

Your analysis is wrong O. Facebook was going to clean the Nigerian market until Google realised what was happening and quickly expanded its interests in Nigeria. We have over 50 million Nigerians who can at least access the internet on their phones. By my estimates, I think I can still give Nairaland about 3.5 million Nigerians who know about it and use it. How? I estimate that for every 1 registered user on nairaland even with the many multiple IDs, there are 4 who visit the site and have not yet registered.

Even with my estimate of 3.5 million people (not all of which are Nigerians), what Seun does is to help Google generate nice revenue of which they give him a small percentage as a Publisher of their Ads.

The model I am more interested in is one where that advertising revenue that Google is getting comes to a Nigerian firm. I know some people have tried but it just isn't working. The Amazon model is also catching my attention.

We need a Dangote-like-minded person for Nigeria to really step-up in the Internet Wars for market relevance and dominance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wheelbarrow Shopping: Shopping With A Difference / How To Make Money From Road Transport Business. A Guide / Nigerian Millionaires On The Rise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.