Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Emenike Fined Despite Racial Abuse - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emenike Fined Despite Racial Abuse (871 Views)

Enyeama To Appear Before NFF Disciplinary Committee, Onazi Fined / Morocco Banned From 2017, 2019 AFCON, Fined $1million / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Emenike Fined Despite Racial Abuse by Werehkpe: 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2012
Spartak Moscow’s Emmanuel Emenike has been fined US$17,000 for an offensive gesture towards Dynamo Moscow fans who racially abused him in a Russian league match.

The Nigerian also received a suspended sentence until the end of the season for his actions during Sunday’s derby, which Spartak won 3-1.

“We decided it was an adequate punishment,” said Vladimir Vasilyev, a Russian FA’s ethics committee official.

Spartak coach Valery Karpin said the FA had failed to address the racist abuse.

“I have to agree that Emenike did something that he should not have done,” the former Russia international told reporters.

“But at the same time I couldn’t follow logic in the FA’s decision as they didn’t take any action against the Dynamo fans who had racially abused Emenike,” he said.

“I’m glad they didn’t ban Emenike, otherwise it would have looked like an outright racial discrimination.”

Emenike said “he was sorry he could not hold back his temper” towards Dynamo fans, who were making monkey noises when the Nigeria international touched the ball.

The Russian FA (RFU) did not punish the club for the racist chanting, although Spartak and Dynamo were fined $6,800 and $680 respectively for their fans throwing snow balls at the players.

Spartak received a bigger fine because one of the snow balls hit a Dynamo player.

The Emenike case was the latest in a series of racist incidents in the Russian Premier League.

http://www.soccerroomtoday.com/nigerian-premiership/emenike-fined-despite-racial-abuse/
Re: Emenike Fined Despite Racial Abuse by kobikwelu(m): 4:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
This is sad....i wonder why issues like this dont make it to the mainstream media..

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Accountover Racist Comments / Odemwingie Hits Out At West Brom Again / Mario Balotelli Dumped By Girlfriend Over Se*x Bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.