Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,525 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 (12104 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Chelsea: 100% (31 votes)
Benfica: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich (2 - 1 ) On 25th April 2012 / UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (1 - 2) On 21st April 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by BizBooks(m): 10:11pm On Apr 04, 2012
Chelsea made this match more difficult that it should have been.
If they had converted one of their numerous chances, the game
would have been over much sooner.

Mikel Update: It looks like Di Matteo has realized Mikel's value
in defensive midfield. He has been playing him regularly since he
became interim coach. Today, Mikel did not disappoint.

1. He got a Benfica player sent off in the first half for a harsh tackle.
2. He provided Meireless with the assist that led to the second goal

If you missed these important milestones, watch the game again.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by theviper1: 10:27pm On Apr 04, 2012
chelski was so lame in 2day's game.if they will play such funny footie against a team like barca who always have the advantage of a fifa- specially appointed ref and jogo bonito,entao they are in the deepest part of the catalan shyte.benfica was the better team,their head was in the wrong zone and they lost a man and the game.much as i dont lke chelsea though,i will be rooting 4 them 2 win instead of barca.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by niyivasaz(m): 10:35pm On Apr 04, 2012
quote author=moneylover2]you have sinned looking at this pic...lol if you eyes causes you to commit sin...pluck it out[/quote]

Mad man
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by Walexpopsin: 10:56pm On Apr 04, 2012
Chelsea is goin to face almighty barca.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by jerk: 11:03pm On Apr 04, 2012
why chelsea bother? looking at their two matches against benfica is obvious that they are in no shape to face Barcelona, they need a better midfield. Lampard is in no condition to play a game like he did back in 2009 and Drogba is not the same anymore. Mata is great but hes not in Zidane level which is the caliber of player chelsea needs, like Milan was hoping on Ibrahimovic to do the business which he did not do. Now Barcelona is bound to ridicule Chelsea. sad
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by chidyke77(m): 11:14pm On Apr 04, 2012
the viper: chelski was so lame in 2day's game.if they will play such funny footie against a team like barca who always have the advantage of a fifa- specially appointed ref and jogo bonito,entao they are in the deepest part of the catalan shyte.benfica was the better team,their head was in the wrong zone and they lost a man and the game.much as i dont lke chelsea though,i will be rooting 4 them 2 win instead of barca.
why? I wl prefer barca and real final.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by candid7: 11:14pm On Apr 04, 2012
yes for chelsea they tried small smiley
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by 1025: 11:41pm On Apr 04, 2012
why chelsea bother? looking at their two matches against benfica is obvious that they are in no shape to face Barcelona, they need a better midfield. Lampard is in no condition to play a game like he did back in 2009 and Drogba is not the same anymore. Mata is great but hes not in Zidane level which is the caliber of player chelsea needs, like Milan was hoping on Ibrahimovic to do the business which he did not do. Now Barcelona is bound to ridicule Chelsea. sad

@jerk,
when i was a child, i used to think like one so i won't blame u for thinking the way you do. tell me what u said when it was chelsea napoli and say what u said when napoli won us 3 -1 first leg.
the truth about it all is that platini has said it that he wants a barca - madrid final but go back to record and u will know when last barca won chelsea.
the idiot that made barca go through ahead of chelsea is called ovrebo and that was his end in football.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by chidyke77(m): 11:46pm On Apr 04, 2012
1025:

@jerk,
when i was a child, i used to think like one so i won't blame u for thinking the way you do. tell me what u said when it was chelsea napoli and say what u said when napoli won us 3 -1 first leg.
the truth about it all is that platini has said it that he wants a barca - madrid final but go back to record and u will know when last barca won chelsea.
the idiot that made barca go through ahead of chelsea is called ovrebo and that was his end in football.
u mean he said wat?
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by jerk: 11:52pm On Apr 04, 2012
1025:

@jerk,
now that u are an adult, u think like two? I wl blame u for making such sentences.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by ADAADA1(m): 7:37am On Apr 05, 2012
fredoooooo:

u don go gaga , but they still play the best football on the planet , i still remember them against arsenal last year , your team didnt shot at goal in 90 mins cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin , abi na dat one still dey pain you
you be mad man oh , we no bit una home ? abi you spoke gbana ? grin[
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by ADAADA1(m): 7:39am On Apr 05, 2012
fredoooooo: kalou na goat
grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by ecoh: 7:41am On Apr 05, 2012
Do u want to do foreign transfer or obtain foreign bank draft or u want to recieve foreign currency and u have no foreign account?contact me at 08186963230,I can help u about it,it is secure because u and I will go to bank together to do it.u can also pay ur school fees abroad with this means.my number is 08186963230.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by emsquare(m): 7:43am On Apr 05, 2012
fredoooooo: chelsea barca it is ... i laugh in messi grin grin grin

LOL!
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by Sike(m): 8:00am On Apr 05, 2012
Now, it's Barcelona's turn.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by ignis: 8:10am On Apr 05, 2012
tribalism: am sure everyone knows what is important is who laughed last. my laugh comes last. chelsea all the way.
I hope you will continue laughing after Barca jam chelsea.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by 1025: 8:23am On Apr 05, 2012
I hope you will continue laughing after Barca jam chelsea.

@ignis,
how old were u in 2009 when chelsea sniffed out life out of barca? if not for platini and the ovrebo of a ref, u know how far.
my fear is not playing against barca but playing against a barca team that has platini and the centre ref.
if u are a football fan, go and start looking at the winnings of barca since the last 6 years and that of man u and u will agree with me that most of their winnings are pre-organised in the board rooms.
do u know the history of juventus match fixing? that is what has been going on in epl with man u and europe with barca.
before now, it used to be barca players rolling on the floor with one eye open and watching if the ref has done the needful(red card) but at a point, the ref took over.
google it urself - controversies of barca/refrees.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by femi4: 8:25am On Apr 05, 2012
BizBooks: Chelsea made this match more difficult that it should have been.
If they had converted one of their numerous chances, the game
would have been over much sooner.

Mikel Update: It looks like Di Matteo has realized Mikel's value
in defensive midfield. He has been playing him regularly since he
became interim coach. Today, Mikel did not disappoint.

1. He got a Benfica player sent off in the first half for a harsh tackle.
2. He provided Meireless with the assist that led to the second goal

If you missed these important milestones, watch the game again.
What a bias analysis, Mikel performance was just an "ok" performance. He actually cleared the ball from the defence line which fortunately found Raul Mereiles. I dnt think that can be counted as an assist cos he took the ball just from almost the half-field before smashing it. Don't come here and overhype Mikel
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by fredoooooo: 8:57am On Apr 05, 2012
femi4: What a bias analysis, Mikel performance was just an "ok" performance. He actually cleared the ball from the defence line which fortunately found Raul Mereiles. I dnt think that can be counted as an assist cos he took the ball just from almost the half-field before smashing it. Don't come here and overhype Mikel

common man , i cant force you to like a player or not, that is your desicion , neither can i change ur opinion you are entitle to it , and i am not a mikel fan either, but please give credit where it is due . His performance against benfica is above average (ok as u call it) ..he had a very decent game .
he did his work dilligently , can you count how many balls he won in the midfield , how many times he put pressure on the opponents ,how many midfield cover ups and diagonals he did to prevent opponents movements ..
there are some players that play important roles in a team , but you wont see them because they are no goal scorer .
a very good exampe is sergio busque in the barcelona team and please lets learn to appreciate our own thing
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by fredoooooo: 9:09am On Apr 05, 2012
ADA---ADA:
you be mad man oh , we no bit una home ? abi you spoke gbana ? grin[

who u be sef? ,typical arsenal supporter , not like my muki o( the only decent and unbiased arsenal supporter grin grin grin) . did barcelona shot at goal when you beat them or not ? which team go through to the next round after the two legs ? i must tell you i watch arsenals game all the time , the match against barcelona at camp nou is the worst match arsenal ever play in their antire history grin grin grin grin grin grin grin , if not the entire football history grin grin grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 9:12am On Apr 05, 2012
Up next Barca
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by gentlegg(m): 9:36am On Apr 05, 2012
[size=12pt]CHELSEA VS UEFACELONA

Can Chelsea win Uefacelona in semi-final of Uefa game? Unless an angel will score the winning goal for Chelsea. Unfortunate
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by noblex9: 9:55am On Apr 05, 2012
mukina2:
cheksli nor be team jor especially this season grin
dat's ur own prob. Afterall they are in semis.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by smlafolabi(m): 9:59am On Apr 05, 2012
I don pridict am nah chelsea go win this year by penalty shoot out, watch out for my prediction to come true.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by fredoooooo: 10:04am On Apr 05, 2012
smlafolabi: I don pridict am nah chelsea go win this year by penalty shoot out, watch out for my prediction to come true.

see tb joshua in the making abi na pastor adeboye , grin grin grin grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by timbros(m): 10:33am On Apr 05, 2012
Watch out! Chelsea will do the impossible - Beating Uefalona in a UEFA organised match. . . C'mon Chelsea! KTBFFH!!
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 05, 2012
Up blues we will do the impossible by defeating Bacerlona come 24 April
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by BizBooks(m): 12:08pm On Apr 05, 2012
femi4: What a bias analysis, Mikel performance was just an "ok" performance. He actually cleared the ball from the defence line which fortunately found Raul Mereiles. I dnt think that can be counted as an assist cos he took the ball just from almost the half-field before smashing it. Don't come here and overhype Mikel

My analysis is directed at people who come here regularly and complain
that Mikel Obi has never scored a goal in the EPL. A player can be very
valuable to a team without scoring goals. As I pointed out earlier, he
was extensively involved in two crucial events in yesterday's game.

Currently Chelsea has 3 other players in the defensive midfield position:
Essien, Meireless and Romeu. To have the coach bench these 3 players in
favour of Mikel says a lot.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2012
BizBooks:

My analysis is directed at people who come here regularly and complain
that Mikel Obi has never scored a goal in the EPL. A player can be very
valuable to a team without scoring goals.
As I pointed out earlier, he
was extensively involved in two crucial events in yesterday's game.

Currently Chelsea has 3 other players in the defensive midfield position:
Essien, Meireless and Romeu. To have the coach bench these 3 players in
favour of Mikel says a lot.
I swear, u get Sense.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Benfica (2 - 1) On 4th April 2012 by sunkyjay: 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2012
I would like to ask a question cos i had an argument with someone that i benfica had won by 2-1, it going to be an extra time game. Just want to be sure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Watford FC Relegated From Premiership! / FA Cup: Sunderland Vs Arsenal (2 - 0) On Saturday February 18th 2012 / Arsenal Vs Man Utd (1 - 1) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.