Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate (3823 Views)

FUTA Senate And Radio Station On Fire / Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike / NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by dani1luv: 3:29pm On Apr 04, 2012
2012 Post UTME Declared Legal By Nigerian Senate
2012 Post UTME Declared Legal By Nigerian Senate2012 Post UTME Declared Legal By Nigerian Senate

The Chairman of the Committee, Senator Uche Chukwumerije, clearly stated that the extra examination is legal since the Statue of each university gives its Senate power of admission and discipline of students.

All successful jamb candidates, having checked their results are required to prepare for their institutions post-utme. And also pray that your choice university picks you because this time over a million candidates will be forced to resit for the exam.
So Please stop the Rumors!!

http://jambume..com/2012/04/2012-jamb-utme-post-jamb-utme-will-hold.html
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by GboyegaD(m): 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2012
dani1luv: This is to inform everyone that the Nigeria Senate has finally put an end to the controversies on the possibility of cancelling the 2012 Post UTME for Higher Institutions following the various complains received from distressed individuals. The senate has approved the running of the Post-UTME examinations describing it as legal after investigating its legality and legitimacy.

The Chairman of the Committee, Senator Uche Chukwumerije, clearly stated that the extra examination is legal since the Statue of each university gives its Senate power of admission and discipline of students.

All successful jamb candidates, having checked their results are required to prepare for their institutions post-utme. And also pray that your choice university picks you because this time over a million candidates will be forced to resit for the exam.

So Please stop the Rumors!!

http://jambume..com/2012/04/2012-jamb-utme-post-jamb-utme-will-hold.html

No problems whatsoever with the Post UME exams however, why can't JAMB sponsor each school or they make a mandatory fee of like N1000 per candidate instead of allowing the schools to milk these guys dry without giving them admission. I know often times, most schools do not admit up to 50% of the their intake annually on merit.
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by samwise9jalife: 4:10pm On Apr 04, 2012
I am particularly indifferent but I must that the Nigerian tertiary education system needs a drastic reform
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by kombats: 4:20pm On Apr 04, 2012
if dem like make dem do anything wey dem like e no boda me @all
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 04, 2012
Is it not dis same senate dat said dey should cancel post ume tests_i hate dis fuckin country eh_abeg mke september reach I cnt wait to go to ghana to school dere dan wasting my life in dis wasteland called nigeria_
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by prodam(m): 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2012
GboyegaD:

No problems whatsoever with the Post UME exams however, why can't JAMB sponsor each school or they make a mandatory fee of like N1000 per candidate instead of allowing the schools to milk these guys dry without giving them admission. I know often times, most schools do not admit up to 50% of the their intake annually on merit.

SAME OPINION
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by Jack2fit(m): 4:53pm On Apr 04, 2012
God wuld definately punish u mr senator 4 dat agreement i blame u,whn ur children dont skul here
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by dazzy4real(m): 5:53pm On Apr 04, 2012
All dis 9ja nonsence
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by Dsage1: 6:13pm On Apr 04, 2012
Due to the incessant cases of examination malpractise,especially in d JAMB&others entrance examination,Post-UTME is d best option to pick those who're genuinely passed their utme.
For instance,one of my nephew who no nottn dan pingin&watching movel scored 268 in her utme,wch i knew for sure dat she didnt work for it.Der4 in my own view,PUTME screening is one of the best way or sarves as a basis to produced quality/qualify graduates in dis country.But on a more serious note,somtin must be doing by dis same senators to put an end to exessive charges usually made by our tertiary institution on dis process.
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by solomon111(m): 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2012
emmanuel101: Is it not dis same senate dat said dey should cancel post ume tests_i hate dis fuckin country eh_abeg mke september reach I cnt wait to go to ghana to school dere dan wasting my life in dis wasteland called nigeria_
You are not good enough for Nigerian UNIVERSITIES!
Wish you best of luck in ghana.
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by JIGGERNAPPY(m): 7:25pm On Apr 04, 2012
am happy 4 my sis,,
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by muyoto: 8:02pm On Apr 04, 2012
I thought the question was about the fees being charged for the PUME exams, and not the legality or otherwise of the exams itself.
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by feyiexcel: 8:42pm On Apr 04, 2012
Please somebody should help me. I have 218 in mu jamb. And picked medicine and biochem at UI as 1st choice. What should i do next
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 04, 2012
feyiexcel: Please somebody should help me. I have 218 in mu jamb. And picked medicine and biochem at UI as 1st choice. What should i do next
My jnr bros had d same scores, UNIJOS was his 1st choice. A frnd told me there is no Hope since he scored below 260. All hope is nt Lost, if u can do well in post utme, i guess u might be given adm...that was wat i told my broda.
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by nolimit1(m): 11:56pm On Apr 04, 2012
All of u dt r saying post ume exams r the best should park well jor,or do u fink there's no runs for putme exams....I for 1 knw about the unilag putme underground runs that takes place every year ontop the 8 security checkpoints wey dem dey put for putme camdidates.....this is nigeria(remember)and passing putme doesn't mean u read/deserve it....it sumtymes deprive those that deserve it admission......so free that thing,don't forget THIS IS NIGERIA!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by emsquare(m): 7:58am On Apr 05, 2012
GboyegaD:

Well said!
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by khalydinho(m): 11:11am On Apr 05, 2012
rubbish!!! who told you post ume is use to test student that are qualified.
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by saddler: 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2012
Yawns out loud!yol
Re: 2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate by Bamo89: 4:00pm On Apr 05, 2012
post utme is nt d best way 2 test student capability, after al they stil runs it, sum1 wit a lower score wil gain admision al bcus of money and influence,sum1 wit high score wil nt gain admision al bcus he has nobody to fight 4 him. Let consider d stress dis children ar going through, 4rm one state 2 anoda risking their life al bcus they want 2 b educated. And afta al d wahala if dey manage 2 skip tru and finish their educatn, no work Afta many years of suffering. Senate shuld b more concern about creatn employment for graduate and nt post utme.

(1) (Reply)

Most Beautiful Face In Nigeria 2014 Rita Onyemaechi Releases New Pictures / Lagos Law School Launches Luxury Accomodation, Ex Uniabuja President Gets One. / Best Graduating Secondary School Student Awarded A Fat Cow For His Achievement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.