Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,471 members, 7,843,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

You Have To Read This: The Nanny Craze Written By Stella Damasus - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / You Have To Read This: The Nanny Craze Written By Stella Damasus (813 Views)

Wunmi Obe Reacts To Stella Damasus's New Marriage / I dont Care What You People Write - Stella Damasus / Omotola Jolade vs Stella Damasus-Aboderin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Have To Read This: The Nanny Craze Written By Stella Damasus by amakaikeng(f): 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2012
Good to be here again and thank you to all who have been following and reading my columns. I was going over some articles I had written about two years ago and it shocked me because they are all so relevant now. So, I have decided to share it with you.
They are like men: can’t live with them and can’t live without them. Has it not amazed you how all of a sudden nannies have become essential commodities in our lives? Nowadays, even with housemaids almost every home in the country with kids has nannies.

Even housewives go all out to look for these female that have become substitute mothers. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to talk about such a sensitive issue but with the things that are happening around, it is becoming so alarming that there is a need to look into it.

I have often wondered when this whole nanny craze started and whether our mothers and grandmothers employed these people. It just seemed like the whole thing started when the “Career Woman” mentality began in full force, but later I began to feel that it was as a result of the decline in the economy.
I know that there was a time when the man of the house would go to work and provide for his family and all the woman had to do was stay home and look after the children, but after the economy suffered a decline and the problems of maintaining a standard of living surfaced, men started encouraging their wives to work so they could both make enough and jointly provide for the children.

When this happened, it gave rise to the employment of both young and elderly women who would take care of the children. This is not the case with everyone though.

Continue to read more at http://amakaikenga..com/2012/04/nanny-craze-written-by-stella-damasus.html

(1) (Reply)

Popular Actor,segun Arinze Resigns As Actors' Guild Of Nigeria President / Chris Brown And Brian Mcknight Tweet Passive Aggressive Things About Each Other / Dbanj And Donjazzy Still Artiste Under Goodmusic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.