Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,786 members, 7,813,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

How To Cloak Your Affiliate Links - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Cloak Your Affiliate Links (1213 Views)

PS: I Need Names Of Nigerian Companies That Offer Affiliate Links For My Website / Free Proxy And Hide Ip - Ninja Cloak / Advertise Your Affiliate Links For Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Cloak Your Affiliate Links by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 11, 2012
After doing a thorough search, I managed to find seven different ways to cloak affiliate links. By link cloaking ( AKA link masking ), I am referring to disguising one's affiliate link with a different link that does not look like an affiliate link.

I tested each link cloaking method using the latest version of the two major browsers, Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 5. All methods showed the cloaked link in the calling website's status bar. But 5 of the methods tested gave the game away by displaying the bald affiliate link in the address bar of the destination website. This, of course, allows unscrupulous people to stop there, and change your affiliate info to their own, thus effectively stealing your commission.

How each of these methods works is not the topic of this article. One thing that I do need to mention, however, is that all but 3 of the techniques require you to create a new file - call it 'myfile.htm', to use as a link to which to send people, instead of directly to the affiliate site.
Full report @ http://www.oracleblogger.com/2012/04/how-to-cloak-affiliate-links.html

(1) (Reply)

National Mirror Newspaper New Website / Ticketing Website With Wordpress / Please Be Careful About Cliqhosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.