Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,516 members, 7,826,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? (5439 Views)

How To Differentiate Original And Fake Designer Perfume. / How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. / Who Likes Playboy Designer Wears? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by AmakaG29(f): 2:49pm On Apr 13, 2012
Is Fake Fashion OK?

I had a friend come visit in NY and she wanted to go to Chinatown for some fake designer shades. We found the shades, but I'm just wondering: Can fake be fashionable? Is there a stigma attached to wearing knock-off shades, bags, and watches?

Would you fake it until you made it?
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by Eltonluigi(m): 3:28pm On Apr 13, 2012
Fake it till you make it, what happens if you do?
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by AmakaG29(f): 10:39am On Apr 20, 2012
I guess if you do "make it" then you can start buying real, pricey items. If you don't "make it" then maybe you always wear fake designers. I've seen some styles that look very realistic, but I'd rather wear things in my price range than trying to stunt.

4 Likes

Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by Nobody: 6:44am On May 23, 2012
I'm sorry there are sometimes you just can't manage fake accessories. Eye glasses are a perfect example.

- you can develop a terrible headache if the lens are not the right ones for your eyes
- sometimes they are bent. . .and also make your face look bent. grin
- easily spotted as fake
- easily broken/loosen

Some are manageable though. But the biggest problem with these shades is the headache they leave you with at the end of the day.
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by Afam4eva(m): 3:25pm On May 31, 2012
It depends on who is wearing fake fashion. If you have carriage, then you can wear anything and still look good.

3 Likes

Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by daywatcher: 3:28pm On May 31, 2012
how did this make the front page? Fake ko counterfeit ni

1 Like

Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by Fynist(m): 3:43pm On May 31, 2012
I like my Chinko Louis Voutton Dark Shades.it helps me see Big Butties Better

1 Like

Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by Dyt(f): 4:06pm On May 31, 2012
dey dont call dem fake,its called imitation

1 Like

Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by Fabjay(m): 4:11pm On May 31, 2012
grin ;Dhmmmmmmmmm well luk at d bright side some of dem always luks gud and d name fake is not writin on it wen u wear them........ Plz am nt sayn i wear fake tinz b4 una go begin yab....lol
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by manny4life(m): 4:39pm On May 31, 2012
Dyt: dey dont call dem fake,its called imitation

Better yet, it's called "GENERIC" brand, so you have to deal with it.
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by Akiika: 4:49pm On May 31, 2012
I'll say buy things you can afford that looks good on you.

1 Like

Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by SIRNIMS(m): 5:01pm On May 31, 2012
there is fake original (chinko) and original fake(taiwan)-make your choice.
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by dont8(m): 5:51pm On May 31, 2012
SIRNIMS: there is fake original (chinko) and original fake(taiwan)-make your choice.
There is nothing like fake original, it's either fake (imitation of original) or
original.
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by Jolomsguy(m): 6:12pm On May 31, 2012
Call it fake, chinco whatever; does it have adverse effect on you?

I see so called big boys wear rubber shoes in the name of fashion.

Am of the opinion that we go for what we can afford not minding what people will say, after all, we cannot please everyone even if you go for the original.

Please be yourself.

1 Like

Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by Pakavy(m): 6:18pm On May 31, 2012
Jolomsguy: Call it fake, chinco whatever; does it have adverse effect on you?

I see so called big boys wear rubber shoes in the name of fashion.

Am of the opinion that we go for what we can afford not minding what people will say, after all, we cannot please everyone even if you go for the original.

Please be yourself.
of course some of these imitations hav adverse effect on u.try driving 4 5hrs on a sunny day with fake shades lacking polaroid lens.u wuld get my drift
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by Pakavy(m): 6:21pm On May 31, 2012
Fab-jay:
grin ;Dhmmmmmmmmm well luk at d bright side some of dem always luks gud and d name fake is not writin on it wen u wear them........ Plz am nt sayn i wear fake tinz b4 una go begin yab....lol
then how u com kno say dem look and feel gud on u nah if u no dey wear dem?na question no b yab o
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by sigba(f): 7:56pm On May 31, 2012
afam4eva: It depends on who is wearing fake fashion. If you have carriage, then you can wear anything and still look good.
Thank you. kiss
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by yam: 8:41pm On May 31, 2012
Amaka G29: Is Fake Fashion OK?

I had a friend come visit in NY and she wanted to go to Chinatown for some fake designer shades. We found the shades, but I'm just wondering: Can fake be fashionable? Is there a stigma attached to wearing knock-off shades, bags, and watches?

By the way who do u think u are? prince williams.

u are only looking at it that way because it is clothling,

if i buy a snack from mr biggs and i buy from a relatively unknown eatries.

does it mean am eating fake and dont forget ur original might be mass production.

u dey vex me

2 Likes

Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by Fabjay(m): 9:17pm On May 31, 2012
Pakavy: then how u com kno say dem look and feel gud on u nah if u no dey wear dem?na question no b yab o
guy i neva said dy luck gud on me... I've seen people wear inferior tins n it luks gr8 on some of dem it depends on d way u wear them....
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by 9zeros(m): 9:52pm On May 31, 2012
Fynist: I like my Chinko Louis Voutton Dark Shades.it helps me see Big Butties Better
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by ikechukz(m): 10:19pm On May 31, 2012
an average naija man cant tell the difference between a shoe of 20k and the one of 2k.
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 31, 2012

Why are u lying against ur friend me lady? Not fair oh! Just say it was u!
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by AmakaG29(f): 2:27am On Jun 01, 2012
LOL...Actually, she was a really good friend of mine visiting from Philly and I went through crazy Chinatown with her looking for the shades. I wasn't judging her purchase, I just never thought much about brands. I tend to dress in clothing that I can afford from places where I can afford to shop. I feel like if I'm wearing a knockoff then I'm making the fact that I can't afford the real thing more announced than if I didn't bother trying. It's my personal sentiment, but if it makes you happy wear it.
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by BluStreak(m): 8:32am On Jun 01, 2012

The word FAKE in today's fashion belongs to d dustbin of history. It is called Faux. It is widely accepted and some can be pricey too. I am not talking of the backyard China knockoff o. Majority of the TM, LV, H&M shirts and accessories we buy here in Naija are the faux versions. Although there are few exclusive shops that sales the real thing but you & I know how much they go for. An original H&M mens' shirt sales for between 18 & 35k based on the fabric it is made of. But you will see stores here advertising same H&M for 8k. That says it all. Doesn't mean the 8k own won't look good when worn or has a poor finishing. It's just the faux version & is patronized by all the divides. My 1 cent.
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by SpiritofOkija(m): 8:58am On Jun 01, 2012
I have no beef with knock-offs!!

Infact, my first trip to the U.S in 2005, I went shopping on high street and found out that I couldnt afford jack!! So just when I was about to give up, I heard of CHINA TOWN New York!! OMO MEN!! See shopping spree!! Some of those shops are so wild they even give you the branded packaging sef!! Omo see Armani shades wey I just price for over 300 dollars, na ehn I buy for under hundred dollars!! Who send headache?! Paracetamol card na 20 naira!! My guy!! As I return Naija with my goods of like hlaf 20ft container, see market, na so people dey rush my stuff!!

NOW!! This is the trick!!

1. Knock off dey type by type.. SOme are not fake, just factory rejects...

2. Stay in your lane!! Na so I buy Original Louis Vuitton bag for my babe (Almost 2000 USD), one local babe carry the obvious fake wan tear my babe own!! Respect yourself.

3. Dont hinge your esteem on a label.. In 2005, I wore so much knock-offs that I'm surprised I didnt have counterfiet money on me!! BUT!! It wasnt so much about me being among as it was about the stuff looked good!
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by nwanioma(f): 11:09am On Jun 01, 2012
BluStreak:

The word FAKE in today's fashion belongs to d dustbin of history. It is called Faux. It is widely accepted and some can be pricey too. I am not talking of the backyard China knockoff o. Majority of the TM, LV, H&M shirts and accessories we buy here in Naija are the faux versions. Although there are few exclusive shops that sales the real thing but you & I know how much they go for. An original H&M mens' shirt sales for between 18 & 35k based on the fabric it is made of. But you will see stores here advertising same H&M for 8k. That says it all. Doesn't mean the 8k own won't look good when worn or has a poor finishing. It's just the faux version & is patronized by all the divides. My 1 cent.

Exactly,and they are also very good copies 1st grade, except if you are a pro you wouldn't know the difference!
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 01, 2012
Fake is fake,Originals are better....I can't afford brands like gucci,LV ,prada buh that don't mean there aint more affordable brands like topmans,aeropostale, Zara...better still I wait for them till is on Sale then I'll be able 2 get stuff I want.... @amaka G29 ...there's no need 2 fake it...just go for what u can afford
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by StarrMatthieu: 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2012
Re: Are Fake Designer Wears And Accessories Fashionable? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
Very very wrong. I buy only originals especially gucci. its disgraceful to be seen with a fake gucci bag.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Unfashionable To Wear A Check Shirt On A Striped Trouser? / Who Rocked It Better??? Yvonne Nelson Vs Rihanna In Sexy Gladiator Heels / Braided Hairstyles For Black Women | Best Braided Hairstyles Collection In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.