Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,985 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Do I Stand A Chance In Labour Market? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do I Stand A Chance In Labour Market? (1537 Views)

... Was Sacked For Not Dancing To 'shake Body'... Now An Employer Of Labour / Transport Staff Ask Buhari To Probe Dangote, Say He Is Underpaying For Labour / How Acceptable Is B.ed Degree In Labour Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Stand A Chance In Labour Market? by Theben(m): 7:43am On Apr 15, 2012
Please, i really need advise here
I'm a youth corper, and would soon be through with NYSC, i made a 2.1 but have no additional qualification. My mates are compelling me into registering for NIM and some others suggested i wait till i get a job. That getting a job would afford me ideas on the professional certificate that would be relevant to my job. My question is, do i really stand a chance in the labour market given the fact that i do not have an addition qualification that might help in boosting my CV?
Re: Do I Stand A Chance In Labour Market? by Mrokaforj(m): 7:51am On Apr 15, 2012
It is all about time and chance. If you have time and money to enroll for the program or maybe go for a master course then do it. Otherwise use the qualification you have at hand to seek Job.

Note: No education is a waste. My advise is read extensively on what you love must.

For me, I came out with 2.2 and i don't even need to apply for any Job cos am comfortable with my online business.

See a screenshot of my earning online,
http://www.onlinebiztutor.com/fcs.php
Re: Do I Stand A Chance In Labour Market? by Theben(m): 8:03am On Apr 15, 2012
Mr okaforj: It is all about time and chance. If you have time and money to enroll for the program or maybe go for a master course then do it. Otherwise use the qualification you have at hand to seek Job.

Note: No education is a waste. My advise is read extensively on what you love must.

For me, I came out with 2.2 and i don't even need to apply for any Job cos am comfortable with my online business.

See a screenshot of my earning online,
http://www.onlinebiztutor.com/fcs.php
Thank you sir
Re: Do I Stand A Chance In Labour Market? by Mrokaforj(m): 8:10am On Apr 15, 2012
Theben: Please, i really need advise here
I'm a youth corper, and would soon be through with NYSC, i made a 2.1 but have no additional qualification. My mates are compelling me into registering for NIM and some others suggested i wait till i get a job. That getting a job would afford me ideas on the professional certificate that would be relevant to my job. My question is, do i really stand a chance in the labour market given the fact that i do not have an addition qualification that might help in boosting my CV?

You're welcome!
Re: Do I Stand A Chance In Labour Market? by Theben(m): 8:22am On Apr 20, 2012
Please nairalanders, i need more advice that would help
Re: Do I Stand A Chance In Labour Market? by tanimola22: 2:42pm On Apr 20, 2012
Theben: Please nairalanders, i need more advice that would help

Because grades can be made in all courses, would you be kind to state the particular course you studied at the university? Would you also like to share your ideal type of job or profession?
Re: Do I Stand A Chance In Labour Market? by stuffs4me(m): 1:39am On Apr 21, 2012
@OP

Do the NIM if you can cos it doesnt have any disadvantage I know of, even though its not much of a certificate after graduation sha. With it you might just have an edge in job seeking cos employers are more inclined to people who are interested in developing themselves. in addition to that it gives you an insight into what management is like.
Re: Do I Stand A Chance In Labour Market? by Mustay(m): 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2012
stuffs4me: @OP

Do the NIM if you can cos it doesnt have any disadvantage I know of, even though its. . .
Good 'un

@OP As it appears you're in a riskless 'state of mind', you have nothing to lose and something to gain if you give the NIM a shot. Whilst you failed to specify your discipline, my personal opinion suggests that you ought to have defined (or you should be modelling) your career path by now which is why I don't seem to agree with -
Theben: mates are compelling me into registering for NIM and some others suggested i wait till i get a job. That getting a job would afford me ideas on the professional certificate that would be relevant to my job.

They seem to be be giving uncorrelated views because you are yet to define your destiny, instead you want destiny to 'meet you there'. The future belongs to those who invest in it today so have a reflection bro and think about what you really wanna do and where you envision yourself so that everyone doesn't keep pushing you around like an experimental guinea pig with their ideas. Peace cool

1 Like

Re: Do I Stand A Chance In Labour Market? by Theben(m): 10:47am On Jun 02, 2012
tanimola22:

Because grades can be made in all courses, would you be kind to state the particular course you studied at the university? Would you also like to share your ideal type of job or profession?

Oh well, i studied agricultural economics, from one of the best universities in nigeria.
Re: Do I Stand A Chance In Labour Market? by Sammy107d(m): 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2012
I'm guessing you did agric econ from uniben. I actually work on that table dealing with results and transcripts. I can tell you there aren't many 2:1s in that programme, so I assume you're smart enough. NIM/PMP/HSE are pathetically cheap during NYSC. I'm currently doing the PMP, and in as much as I think the tuition is crappy and the knowledge to be gained is infinitesimal, the certificate should come in handy. The year could be a complete waste without one of them. You have nothing but a maximum of 15k to lose. Just do it.

1 Like

Re: Do I Stand A Chance In Labour Market? by adeprof: 1:54pm On Jun 02, 2012
Theben: Please, i really need advise here

It all depend on God and d measure of grace you carry.however,2 increase ur competence and broaden ur coast of opportunity,1 or 2 prof exam is inevitable.all d best in ur pursuit

(1) (Reply)

I / Why Is The Youruba Name "Titi" Alwayz A Nurse? / What Business Should I Go Into?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.