Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,349 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! (1193 Views)

Can a person Make heaven without baptism / Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? / Disgraced Bishop, Eddie Long Finally Quit New Birth Church!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 15, 2012
Did you know that the Bible makes it very clear that you must be born again? Who said that? Jesus said that and he was talking to a Jewish ruler by the name of Nicodemus when he told him that. You can read it for yourself right here:

There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. (John 3:1-8 )

Jesus Christ did not mince words when he spoke with Nicodemus, because the Lord was not impressed with rulers of any sort, religious or otherwise. Nicodemus had no idea what the Lord Jesus Christ was talking about because he was thinking in the natural, and not the spiritual. Nicodemus needed the illumination which can only come from the Spirit of God, and that is why the Lord told him that he msut be born again.

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Corinthians 2:9-14)

Billions of people in the world are still under the impression that they are good people on the way to Heaven, and have no idea whatsoever that they are on the way to Hell. I know that because I used to be one of them. I was a religious Roman Catholic but I did not know the REAL Jesus Christ UNTIL I was born again in 1989. In fact the Catholic church taught me that I was born again when I was baptized as a little baby, but that is one of the biggest lies in the universe.

A Jewish person who has never been born again is as lost as any other person in the world. A Muslim person who has never been born again is as lost as any other person in the world. A Buddhist person who has never been born again is as lost as any person in the world. A Hindu person in the world who has never been born again is as lost as any other person in the world.

Jesus Christ declared that he was the only way of salvation.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

The Jewish apostle Paul said this:

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)

The Jewish apostle Peter said this:

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:10-12)

After Jesus Christ rose from the dead he told his followers to preach the Gospel to everybody. He also told them that the BELIEVERS would be SAVED, and that the UNBELIEVERS would be DAMNED! There is nothing more LOVING than warning your fellow men and women that they will be DAMNED without Jesus Christ!

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (Mark 16:15-16)

Do not put it off until tomorrow, because you are not promised tomorrow.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (Hebrews 9:27)

Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth. (Proverbs 27:1)

Here is the REAL DEAL folks!

You are a SINNER in need of SALVATION!

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (Romans 3:23)

If YOU die without FAITH in Jesus Christ YOU will die in YOUR own sins and end up in HELL!

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. (John 8:24)

Salvation CANNOT be earned by your OWN good works and good deeds! That is called SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS but you need nothing less than the RIGHTEOUSNESS of Jesus Christ to enter Heaven!

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Even though YOU are spiritually DEAD in YOUR own sins right now, the Lord will GIVE you the GIFT of salvation when you repent and believe the gospel (Mark 1:15) That is the GOOD NEWS of salvation in Jesus Christ! All are invited!

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? (Romans 10:13-14)

Source

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by brainchild78(m): 10:56pm On Apr 15, 2012
brilliant analysis. Glory be to the Almighty Lord! I that this post reaches every nairalander!
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by logicboy: 10:59pm On Apr 15, 2012
Like an christian nutjob, you dont even read your bible.

Tell me, did Moses in the old testament get born again? Was Mary ever baptised?
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 15, 2012
logicboy: Like an christian nutjob, you dont even read your bible.

"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent." -Acts 17:30
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by logicboy: 11:38pm On Apr 15, 2012
frosbel:

"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent." -Acts 17:30

Mary? What about Mary? Did she ever become born again or baptised?
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by jmoore(m): 11:53pm On Apr 15, 2012
logicboy: Like an christian nutjob, you dont even read your bible.

The big problem with you is that you are not a christian and therefore you can't understand the bible. Was has baptism got to do with being born again? Baptism is like just a ceremony. Mary believed in jesus, therefore she was born again.

As for Moses and others in the old testament. Jesus went to hell when he died and spread the gospel to them before he resurrected. Therefore they got born again as seen in 1 Peter 3:18-19: "For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, in order to bring you to God. He was put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit, in which also he went and made a proclamation to the spirits in prison,"
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by logicboy: 12:28am On Apr 16, 2012
jmoore:

The big problem with you is that you are not a christian and therefore you can't understand the bible. Was has baptism got to do with being born again? Baptism is like just a ceremony. Mary believed in jesus, therefore she was born again.

As for Moses and others in the old testament. Jesus went to hell when he died and spread the gospel to them before he resurrected. Therefore they got born again as seen in 1 Peter 3:18-19: "For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, in order to bring you to God. He was put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit, in which also he went and made a proclamation to the spirits in prison,"

1) So you're saying baptism is irrelevant- all you need to do is believe in Jesus.

2) Where in the bible does Mary believe in Jesus?

3) So, Moses was in hell until Jesus died?
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by jmoore(m): 1:03am On Apr 16, 2012
logicboy:

1) So you're saying baptism is irrelevant- all you need to do is believe in Jesus.

2) Where in the bible does Mary believe in Jesus?

3) So, Moses was in hell until Jesus died?

1-Baptism is irrelevant, just believe in Jesus
The reason baptism is not necessary for salvation is because we are justified by faith (Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:8 ), not by faith and a ceremony (Rom. 4:1-11)
If we are saved by faith, then we are saved by faith when we believe, not when we get baptized, otherwise we are not saved by faith

2-Why won't Mary believe? Before she gave birth to him, an angel appeared to her and gave her the prophecy that she will give birth to Jesus as a virgin in Luke 1:30-35.

3-Before Christ's death on the cross at Calvary, the souls of the dead went to Hades, a supernatural place somewhere in the heart of the earth. Hades has two compartments, the abode of the lost called in the Bible "torment," and the other side, the place of the saints of God called Paradise, and also referred to as "Abraham's Bosom." Moses, David and others were in "Abraham's bosom"

When Jesus gave up His Spirit to death, He went into the Paradise side of Hades and "took captivity captive." This means He took all the souls of the saints who had died to that point to be with God the Father in Heaven. The Paradise side of Hades is now empty. The torment side today holds all souls of people who rejected Christ's salvation, and who have died to this point in human history. People who are saved by believing in Christ today, and who die, now go directly to God, the Father, in Heaven.
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by logicboy: 1:11am On Apr 16, 2012
jmoore:

1-baptism is irrelevant
The reason baptism is not necessary for salvation is because we are justified by faith (Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2 -8 ), not by faith and a ceremony (Rom. 4:1-11)
If we are saved by faith, then we are saved by faith when we believe, not when we get baptized, otherwise we are not saved by faith

2-Why won't Mary believe? Before she gave birth to him, an angel appeared to her and gave her the prophecy that she will give birth to Jesus as a virgin in Luke 1:30-35.

3-Before Christ's death on the cross at Calvary, the souls of the dead went to Hades, a supernatural place somewhere in the heart of the earth. Hades has two compartments, the abode of the lost called in the Bible "torment," and the other side, the place of the saints of God called Paradise, and also referred to as "Abraham's Bosom." Moses, David and others were in "Abraham's bosom"

When Jesus gave up His Spirit to death, He went into the Paradise side of Hades and "took captivity captive." This means He took all the souls of the saints who had died to that point to be with God the Father in Heaven. The Paradise side of Hades is now empty. The torment side today holds all souls of people who rejected Christ's salvation, and who have died to this point in human history. People who are saved by believing in Christ today, and who die, now go directly to God, the Father, in Heaven.

1) You are right in a way. If she believed that she could have a virgin birth, what stops her from believing in Jesus.

2) You are wrong. Tat is just mythologgy
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by Nobody: 6:32am On Apr 16, 2012
Born again simply means getting baptised and receiving the holy spirit.Even if you verbally proclaim Jesus as Lord without being baptised,you are not born again.
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by jmoore(m): 6:37am On Apr 16, 2012
chukwudi44: Born again simply means getting baptised and receiving the holy spirit.Even if you verbally proclaim Jesus as Lord without being baptised,you are not born again.

Seriously. who taught you this one? you have to make reference to bible and not from your head

Are we saved by works or faith?
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by italo: 10:03am On Apr 16, 2012
@ jmoore, maybe you should also say what being born again means, with bible references too.

Are we saved by faith ALONE or works ALONE... Or are we saved by the Grace of God but faith AND works as our human response are necessary?
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by jmoore(m): 11:54am On Apr 16, 2012
@Italo, if you have looked carefully at my previous post, you will see some bible references there, have you read them yourself?

1-John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" Was baptism necessary here? No!! It only said "believe".

2-Ephesians 2:8-9 ""For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God; Not of works, lest any man should boast." Paul did not say we are saved by works.

3-John 3: 36 "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

Baptism is an outward expression of what has already occurred within an individual. Baptism is an ordinance of the Christian Church and a command given to those who convert non-believers but it does not translate to salvation.

The misconception and misunderstanding of the notion that baptism is necessary comes from the quote below

4-JOHN 3:5-7 "Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you,You must be born again".

"Born of water" has been misinterpreted as baptism. Jesus clarifies what He means in the next verse, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." Being born of water is referring to being born physically (the water referring to the amniotic fluid that breaks as one is born).Jesus was clear and direct."Born of water" never refers to baptism in any other verse in the entire Bible.

Was the thief beside Jesus when he was crucified baptized? NO!! But Jesus promised him that he will be with him in paradise. Luke 23, 42-43

5-JOHN 10, 44-48 tells us that as Peter was preaching to the gentiles, the Holy spirit fell on them and they spoke in tongues. They did not get baptized by water before the holy spirit fell upon them.

To conclude,
Should we get baptized? Yes! Does it save us? No. water baptism is a public testimony, the outward confession of an inward experience. In water baptism, we stand before witnesses confessing our identification with the Lord.
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by italo: 9:17am On Apr 20, 2012
You have said so much but you have still failed to tell me exactly what it means to be born-again.
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by jmoore(m): 10:40am On Apr 20, 2012
To be born again means to be born of the spirit. This is a new life given to those who accept Jesus as the saviour.

If you are born again, you are in Christ Jesus Romans 8:1, 14, 16, 17
"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Because those who are led by the Spirit of God, are sons of God . . . The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."

For those who are not yet born gain, you can the say the prayer below to be born again. This prayer must be sincere and you must acknowledge that Jesus is your saviour.

"God, I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment.I ask for your forgiveness of all my sins. I believe and accept you Jesus as my savior , I place my trust in You for salvation. Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness—the gift of eternal life! Amen!"
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by ichuka(m): 11:47am On Apr 20, 2012
jmoore: To be born again means to be born of the spirit. This is a new life given to those who accept Jesus as the saviour.

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Because those who are led by the Spirit of God, are sons of God . . . The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."

For those who are not yet born gain, you can the say the prayer below to be born again. This prayer must be sincere and you must acknowledge that Jesus is your saviour.

"God, I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment.I ask for your forgiveness of all my sins. I believe and accept you Jesus as my savior , I place my trust in You for salvation. Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness—the gift of eternal life! Amen!"

So true!!!
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by italo: 8:21pm On Apr 20, 2012
jmoore: To be born again means to be born of the spirit. This is a new life given to those who accept Jesus as the saviour.

Sorry but this passage doesn't tell us exactly what being born-again means. And it certainly doesn't tell us that, to be born again, you have to say that prayer you put down there. If you insist it does, then show me where.
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by italo: 8:32pm On Apr 20, 2012
To be born-again means to be born of water and spirit.

John 3:3,5 - Jesus says, "Truly, truly, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." When Jesus said "water and the Spirit," He was referring to baptism (which requires the use of water, and the work of the Spirit).

John 3:22 - after teaching on baptism,St. John says Jesus and the disciples did what? They went into Judea where the disciples baptized. Jesus' teaching about being reborn by water and the Spirit is in the context of baptism.

John 4:1 - here is another reference to baptism which naturally flows from Jesus' baptismal teaching in John 3:3-5.
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by ichuka(m): 11:21pm On Apr 20, 2012
italo: To be born-again means to be born of water and spirit.

John 3:3,5 - Jesus says, "Truly, truly, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." When Jesus said "water and the Spirit," He was referring to baptism (which requires the use of water, and the work of the Spirit).

John 3:22 - after teaching on baptism,St. John says Jesus and the disciples did what? They went into Judea where the disciples baptized. Jesus' teaching about being reborn by water and the Spirit is in the context of baptism.

John 4:1 - here is another reference to baptism which naturally flows from Jesus' baptismal teaching in John 3:3-5.

our Lord said to Nicodemus,"Truly,truly i say to you,unless one is born of water and the Spirit,he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God"..Jhn3:5.
Paul wrote to the saints in Rome saying,
"Or are you ignorant that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?we have been buried therefore with Him through baptism into His death,in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the Glory of the Father,so also we might walk in the newness of life.for if we have grown together with Him in the likeness of His death,indeed we will also be in the likeness of His Resurrection"(Rom6:3-5).
Both our Lord Jesus and Paul spoke of the REALITY of BAPTISM.
The baptism that our Lord mentioned to Nicodemus was a REALITY.the baptism that Paul saw was a burial with the Lord,with the result of one walking in newness of Life.
To the Colossns believers,he spoke of being"BURIED TOGETHER with HIM in BAPTISM"(Col.2:12)
That is when Christ died,we(Christains) died with Him,when He Resurrected we resurrected with Him and now walk with the newness of His Ressurected Life here on earth.
The physical aspect(WATER) is just merely an acceptance of that which had taken place spiritually.
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by italo: 11:47pm On Apr 20, 2012
i.chuka:

our Lord said to Nicodemus,"Truly,truly i say to you,unless one is born of water and the Spirit,he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God"..Jhn3:5.
Paul wrote to the saints in Rome saying,
"Or are you ignorant that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?we have been buried therefore with Him through baptism into His death,in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the Glory of the Father,so also we might walk in the newness of life.for if we have grown together with Him in the likeness of His death,indeed we will also be in the likeness of His Resurrection"(Rom6:3-5).
Both our Lord Jesus and Paul spoke of the REALITY of BAPTISM.
The baptism that our Lord mentioned to Nicodemus was a REALITY.the baptism that Paul saw was a burial with the Lord,with the result of one walking in newness of Life.
To the Colossns believers,he spoke of being"BURIED TOGETHER with HIM in BAPTISM"(Col.2:12)
That is when Christ died,we(Christains) died with Him,when He Resurrected we resurrected with Him and now walk with the newness of His Ressurected Life here on earth.
The physical aspect(WATER) is just merely an acceptance of that which had taken place spiritually.

Its no use typing a long story when you can hardly understand the simplest sentence.
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by amor4ce(m): 3:22am On Apr 21, 2012
How can someone who thinks the names of the Father and Son are God/Lord/Jehovah and Jesus/Lord respectively be a 'born again'?
Didn't the Father mention via His prophets that He will gather His scattered sheep and pour His Spirit on them?
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by jmoore(m): 9:43am On Apr 21, 2012
@italo, you just made references with no explanation.
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by ijawkid(m): 12:41pm On Apr 21, 2012
@poster...please kindly tell me d hope of all d faithfull patriachs who had done Gods will?
Starting from abel down to john d baptist and d robber that was hung alongside Jesus himself....
Where will they enjoy eternal life?

They weren't born agains.....
U told logic guy that God had overlooked there not being born agains...I want u to quote a scripture supporting that.......

Its a fact that if 1 is not born again he/she can't go to heaven.....

So where is d destination of those who never got to be baptised with water and spirit but did Gods will
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by italo: 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2012
jmoore: @italo, you just made references with no explanation.

I thought my post was sufficient in showing that when Jesus said "water and the spirit", he meant baptism. Because immediately after the teaching, he goes on to practicalize what he had just taught by having his disciples baptize people.
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by ichuka(m): 5:00pm On Apr 21, 2012
italo:

I thought my post was sufficient in showing that when Jesus said "water and the spirit", he meant baptism. Because immediately after the teaching, he goes on to practicalize what he had just taught by having his disciples baptize people.

The "Water" in that verse meant "Burial" that is we(Christains) are buried we Christ.
Someone had to die before his/her burial ceremony is done.
The Water Baptism is our burial ceremony,announcing to the world that we are dead to it,and now live by the leadings of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by jmoore(m): 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2012
italo:

If you had read my post well you should have seen this explanation below

"Born of water" has been misinterpreted as water baptism. Jesus clarifies what He means in the next verse, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." Being born of water is referring to being born physically (the water referring to the amniotic fluid that breaks as one is born).Jesus was clear and direct."Born of water" never refers to baptism in any other verse in the entire Bible.

Was the thief beside Jesus when he was crucified baptized? NO!! But Jesus promised him that he will be with him in paradise. Luke 23, 42-43
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by italo: 7:07am On Apr 22, 2012
I read it thoroughly. I just don't buy the garbage you put down there about 'being born of water' meaning being born physically.

It is utter rubbish.

And you talk as if water baptism does not include the work of the spirit.

After teaching Nicodemus about being born again, what did Jesus do?

He went with his disciples and BAPTIZED!

John 3:22 After this, Jesus and his disciples went out into the Judean countryside, where he spent some time with them, and baptized.

Do you think that is irrelevant?
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by jmoore(m): 7:39am On Apr 22, 2012
@Italo, there is no need shouting on top of your voice.

The big question you should answer is , Was the thief beside Jesus when he was crucified baptized? Jesus promised him that he will be with him in paradise. Luke 23, 42-43
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by italo: 8:06am On Apr 22, 2012
i.chuka:

The "Water" in that verse meant "Burial" that is we(Christains) are buried we Christ.
Someone had to die before his/her burial ceremony is done.
The Water Baptism is our burial ceremony,announcing to the world that we are dead to it,and now live by the leadings of the Holy Spirit.

You! Let me save my breath and leave you to your obvious delusion, for now. You who said "Mary is not the Mother of Jesus"
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by Kobojunkie: 8:55pm On May 23, 2023
jmoore:
■1-Baptism is irrelevant, just believe in Jesus
The reason baptism is not necessary for salvation is because we are justified by faith (Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:8 ), not by faith and a ceremony (Rom. 4:1-11)
■-Why won't Mary believe? Before she gave birth to him, an angel appeared to her and gave her the prophecy that she will give birth to Jesus as a virgin in Luke 1:30-35.
■-Before Christ's death on the cross at Calvary, the souls of the dead went to Hades, a supernatural place somewhere in the heart of the earth. Hades has two compartments, the abode of the lost called in the Bible "torment," and the other side, the place of the saints of God called Paradise, and also referred to as "Abraham's Bosom." Moses, David and others were in "Abraham's bosom"
I hope you don't still subscribe to these meaningless fallacies which you spewed back in 2012. undecided
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by jmoore(m): 9:03pm On May 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I hope you don't still subscribe to these meaningless fallacies which you spewed back in 2012. undecided
REST! If you have time to argue, do that with your shadow.
Re: Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On May 23, 2023
jmoore:
REST! If you have time to argue, do that with your shadow.
Again, I hope you don't still subscribe to these meaningless fallacies which you spewed back in 2012. undecided

(1) (Reply)

.. / Nigerian Pastors And Their Controversial Election Prophecy/campaign / What Has ALLAH Got To Do With The MOON?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.