Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,143 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 (12969 Views)

Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja / 2pac Alive At Coachella - 2012 As A Hologram! Amazing / Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by monique2626(f): 3:37am On Apr 20, 2012
MsDarkSkin: i remember when he died!!! man
these two videos scared me! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fCoK2OVJAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SQVBsJG9Rs

Now they just make me cry. undecided undecided cry

WE MISS YOU 'PAC!!!!!
If he wasnt taken so soon he could have done so much...Pac was a true lyricist. Brenda got a baby, dear mama are all great songs where he told stories then he got with Death Row and the music became insane. I loved Amerikaz most wanted. Mackavelli though was just the sh*t! I still blast that cd lol...

1 Like

Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by joudini(m): 7:00am On Apr 20, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

actually most of our technology is studied, blue printed and made in Asia. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

It is made in Asia after it has been DESIGNED in US n Europe. Why it is made in Asia is to beat cost. The conceptualisation is done abroad and the production outsourced to the low-waging millions of labourers in Asia. So, technically 'oyinbo' makes them.
Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by 9zeros(m): 10:12am On Apr 20, 2012
@MsDarkSkin

i got mad luv 4 2pac's real street poetry but b.i.g got d craziest n most amazin wordplay eva in d game. both of em ar excellent but b.i.g was above d rim. oda d*pe mc's in this category include g-rap, rakim, big daddy kane, big-l, az, wu-tang clan, last emperor, big pun, nas('94-02), jay-z('96-'03), and few odas..... i miss real hip hop, it died around '03. btw, wat do u knw bout hip hop?
Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by joudini(m): 11:00am On Apr 20, 2012
9-zeros:
@MsDarkSkin

i got mad luv 4 2pac's real street poetry but b.i.g got d craziest n most amazin wordplay eva in d game. both of em ar excellent but b.i.g was above d rim. oda d*pe mc's in this category include g-rap, rakim, big daddy kane, big-l, az, wu-tang clan, last emperor, big pun, nas('94-02), jay-z('96-'03), and few odas..... i miss real hip hop, it died around '03. btw, wat do u knw bout hip hop?

Yeah you right. Conscious hiphop seem to have nosedived. If you need the 90s hiphop we used to know, you gotta go underground. Elzhi, kendrick lamar, j.cole before the album and others are still wetting our thirst.

I aint seeing no blackthought up there sad
Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by 9zeros(m): 11:32am On Apr 20, 2012
joudini:

Yeah you right. Conscious hiphop seem to have nosedived. If you need the 90s hiphop we used to know, you gotta go underground. Elzhi, kendrick lamar, j.cole before the album and others are still wetting our thirst.

I aint seeing no blackthought up there sad
real talk. of course black-thought is ill n so is cormega, pharoah, krs, mobb deep('92-'01), slaughter-house etc. i jst didnt wanna go 2 underground. hip hop 4 life!
Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by joudini(m): 12:14pm On Apr 20, 2012
9-zeros:

real talk. of course black-thought is ill n so is cormega, pharoah, krs, mobb deep('92-'01), slaughter-house etc. i jst didnt wanna go 2 underground. hip hop 4 life!

You definitely know underground hiphop. Pharoahe monch and slaughterhouse are hawt, add immortal technique, tech n9ne etc n you will be feeling like pac,lol.

These guys may be underground like a plumbline but they would lift you higher than cali blunt,lol
Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2012
joudini:

It is made in Asia after it has been DESIGNED in US n Europe. Why it is made in Asia is to beat cost. The conceptualisation is done abroad and the production outsourced to the low-waging millions of labourers in Asia. So, technically 'oyinbo' makes them.

LOLOLOLOL!! IF YOU SAY SO!! grin grin
smh.

9-zeros:
@MsDarkSkin

Bro, you are talking to a rap fiend! It is because of my understanding and love for rap, that makes 2pac my favorite rapper. Simply using metaphors and word play does not make someone the best rapper. If you use that logic, then Lil Wayne is the best of the best...and we all know better!! tongue tongue It's the message the person is trying to convey that makes them great and relevant. Biggie was good but Pac in MY opinion was greater.

That is why he is the most mourned, the most felt, the most sought after and people are investing in so much to keep his legacy alive, because the youth of the streets and the gated communities alike, feel his pain, his joy and understood his message. It's not about wordplay..it's the story. That is what made the old school rappers great. THEIR STORIES. You could close your eyes, listen to an entire album and each track you could visualize a story...you can't do that today because they focus too much on word play and metaphors. Real hip hop died in 1999 btw! (in terms of it being appreciated on a mainstream level). As mentioned, you have to search underground for the good stuff, which I do from time to time but nothing like the old school. I am 80's and 90's strictly!! cool

monique2626:
If he wasnt taken so soon he could have done so much...Pac was a true lyricist. Brenda got a baby, dear mama are all great songs where he told stories then he got with Death Row and the music became insane. I loved Amerikaz most wanted. Mackavelli though was just the sh*t! I still blast that cd lol...

WELL SAID!!!

There are colleges that actually have courses in which pupils can study the mind of Tupac which is AMAZING. No other rapper can boast having college level courses dedicated to them!!

I don't want to offend anyone, but I believe every generation has it's "messiah" or messenger, I think Tupac was one for his. His aura was so powerful that even to this day people are eager to dig into and comprehend the psychological impact society has on a lot of black men in America and they find that when they read Tupac's poetry, listen to his music and read his bio. Having a mother that was a Black Panther Party member turned crack-cocaine addict, one cannot be surprised at how this would effect his mind and cause him to be in a sense "bi-polar". As you mentioned some of his earlier songs were "conscious" but as he got famous (especially after taking roles in movies where he was the "gangster-thug villain" such as 'Juice' and 'Above the Rim') he started surrounding himself around other angry black men, and you see the anger he had built up manifest, thus creating something America fears: a pissed off educated black man who can appeal to the thugs and "corporate niggas" alike. Thats exactly what happened, and because he brought the message and the voice of black men to white America I think he was called home after completing his mission. We would like to ask ourselves "what if...." but Pac was not meant to live past September, 13, 1996..and he knew it. His job was complete.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by 9zeros(m): 3:21pm On Apr 20, 2012
joudini:

You definitely know underground hiphop. Pharoahe monch and slaughterhouse are hawt, add immortal technique, tech n9ne etc n you will be feeling like pac,lol.

These guys may be underground like a plumbline but they would lift you higher than cali blunt,lol
Yeah, dats wat m talkin bout blod!
these few gifted mc's are doper dan cuba while d majority(nowadays rappers) are wacka dan flocka.
i've got a B.sc but hip hop gave more knowlegde dan college.
r.i.p 2 all d dead rappers, but y'all will always live thru ma speakers..
Dis is ma culture, i dnt sweat d technique.
Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by 9zeros(m): 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

smh.

Bro, you are talking to a rap fiend! It is because of my understanding and love for rap, that makes 2pac my favorite rapper. Simply using metaphors and word play does not make someone the best rapper. If you use that logic, then Lil Wayne is the best of the best...and we all know better!! tongue tongue It's the message the person is trying to convey that makes them great and relevant. Biggie was good but Pac in MY opinion was greater.

That is why he is the most mourned, the most felt, the most sought after and people are investing in so much to keep his legacy alive, because the youth of the streets and the gated communities alike, feel his pain, his joy and understood his message. It's not about wordplay..it's the story. That is what made the old school rappers great. THEIR STORIES. You could close your eyes, listen to an entire album and each track you could visualize a story...you can't do that today because they focus too much on word play and metaphors. Real hip hop died in 1999 btw! (in terms of it being appreciated on a mainstream level). As mentioned, you have to search underground for the good stuff, which I do from time to time but nothing like the old school. I am 80's and 90's strictly!! cool

WELL SAID!!!

There are colleges that actually have courses in which pupils can study the mind of Tupac which is AMAZING. No other rapper can boast having college level courses dedicated to them!!

I don't want to offend anyone, but I believe every generation has it's "messiah" or messenger, I think Tupac was one for his. His aura was so powerful that even to this day people are eager to dig into and comprehend the psychological impact society has on a lot of black men in America and they find that when they read Tupac's poetry, listen to his music and read his bio. Having a mother that was a Black Panther Party member turned crack-cocaine addict, one cannot be surprised at how this would effect his mind and cause him to be in a sense "bi-polar". As you mentioned some of his earlier songs were "conscious" but as he got famous (especially after taking roles in movies where he was the "gangster-thug villain" such as 'Juice' and 'Above the Rim') he started surrounding himself around other angry black men, and you see the anger he had built up manifest, thus creating something America fears: a pissed off educated black man who can appeal to the thugs and "corporate niggas" alike. Thats exactly what happened, and because he brought the message and the voice of black men to white America I think he was called home after completing his mission. We would like to ask ourselves "what if...." but Pac was not meant to live past September, 13, 1996..and he knew it. His job was complete.
i salute, i must confess: its hard 2 find a female dat knows dis much about d game. but m nt talkin about persona, charisma n popularity...no doubt pac wuld win dat. m talkin about lyricism,street wisdom n wordplay... b.i.g slaughters any1 dead or alive. btw, m disappointed u mention wayne, he is not in this category. i said hip-hop died in '03 cuz of d black album, dats a clasic sh*t. i luv both of em so i judge from a neutral mind...bt u seem 2 be luv only pac. rappers bite b.i.g's lyrics more dan any odarapper dead or alive.... do ur research. salute to frank white!
Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by joudini(m): 5:26pm On Apr 20, 2012
Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by joudini(m): 5:26pm On Apr 20, 2012
9-zeros:

Yeah, dats wat m talkin bout blod!
these few gifted mc's are doper dan cuba while d majority(nowadays rappers) are wacka dan flocka.
i've got a B.sc but hip hop gave more knowlegde dan college.
r.i.p 2 all d dead rappers, but y'all will always live thru ma speakers..
Dis is ma culture, i dnt sweat d technique.

This is what conscious hiphop does to the senses. Makes you socially aware. You are cool mehn, no affiliation.

Though l gotta disagree with you on the pac vs biggie stuff.

I listen to songs more for its lyrics and 2pac had better lyrics than biggie. I aint gon front biggie had style and l must admit better beats. 2pac's songs are songs a real nicca could relate to. Songs of life, hustle, injustice, racism, social ills. Heck, love. This nicca was truly multi-dimensional in a compact n real way. The talent, the prose, the realism. . .2pac could make a grown man cry. He could make you hate the system with songs like changes, makes you remember your old pals with 'life goes on', love ur mama more with 'dear mama' etc.

Biggie could make party raps that will make a cripple raise hands in the air but 2pac could make you see the world, how flipped it is and that you gotta change it. 2pac had a major IQ, and that's major. He should have been rapping with a turban,lol.
Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by joudini(m): 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

smh.

WELL SAID!!!

This is powerful, sis. This is spiritual.
Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by 9zeros(m): 6:11pm On Apr 20, 2012
joudini:

This is what conscious hiphop does to the senses. Makes you socially aware. You are cool mehn, no affiliation.

I listen to songs more for its lyrics and 2pac had better lyrics than biggie. I aint gon front biggie had style and l must admit better beats. 2pac's songs are songs a real nicca could relate to. Songs of life, hustle, injustice, racism, social ills. Heck, love. This nicca was truly multi-dimensional in a compact n real way. The talent, the prose, the realism. . .2pac could make a grown man cry. He could make you hate the system with songs like changes, makes you remember your old pals with 'life goes on', love ur mama more with 'dear mama' etc.

Biggie could make party raps that will make a cripple raise hands in the air but 2pac could make you see the world, how flipped it is and that you gotta change it. 2pac had a major IQ, and that's major. He should have been rapping with a turban,lol.
right. i also listen to rap 4 lyrics. these 2 are rily tough 2 compare bt i chose b.i.g 4 1 reason: b.i.g was very very d*pe freestyler! but pac does mostly writing (try listenin 2 dat freestyle by him n pac b4 d beef in '95).
also b.i.g cudnt rily go into deep street poetry cuz he loved money so much n dis got him into commercial n funk rap 4 d sake of success. p.diddy was also a factor cuz he pushed b.i.g into commercials for money. i cry wen i hear 'everyday struggle' he was so good at story-tellin. money influenced b.i.g from street-hop. shout out 2 BIG-L: he was d best freestyler after b.i.g, he still amazes me.
Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by Nobody: 1:53am On May 15, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

smh.

Bro, you are talking to[b] a rap fiend[/b]! It is because of my understanding and love for rap, that makes 2pac my favorite rapper. Simply using metaphors and word play does not make someone the best rapper. If you use that logic, then Lil Wayne is the best of the best...and we all know better!! tongue tongue It's the message the person is trying to convey that makes them great and relevant. Biggie was good but Pac in MY opinion was greater.

WELL SAID!!!

Firstly, The Golden Age of Hiphop(Real HipHop) ended 1999, not '93. Post '93 we still had classics upon classics. Mate - the parts I thickened up for you flawed your write up capitally - a real rap fiend would never cite Lil-Wayne, because he lacks metaphors and word plays. If you call what Wayne spits as metaphor/wordplay then Bow Wow must be a living legend! Furthermore HIPHOP as a movement started with world play/punchline/metaphors - if its about message - KRS ONE and Slick Rick both tell stories (sociopolitical rap) but they weave it around metaphors/wordplay - Simply put, 2pac is an overrated rapper, what places his works in top-spot are the few songs that hit home with the black situation of then - Tupac cannot even kick of a freestyle from his head - My true hiphop fiend, please go do your homework on what hiphop really is then fiend it afterwards.
Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by Nobody: 1:54am On May 15, 2012
________
Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by Nobody: 2:04am On May 15, 2012
joudini:

If you think talking about sociopolitical issues makes you have better lyrics then that is your viewpoint BUT you can't go to a hip-hop forum/fora and spit sociopolitical rap at cyphers fam - Tupac had conscious rap lyrics while BIG was the totality and embodiment of HIP-HOP as a whole - BIG L was the only person close to that.
Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by Nobody: 2:13am On May 15, 2012
9-zeros:

right. i also listen to rap 4 lyrics. these 2 are rily tough 2 compare bt i chose b.i.g 4 1 reason: b.i.g was very very d*pe freestyler! but pac does mostly writing (try listenin 2 dat freestyle by him n pac b4 d beef in '95).
also b.i.g cudnt rily go into deep street poetry cuz he loved money so much n dis got him into commercial n funk rap 4 d sake of success. p.diddy was also a factor cuz he pushed b.i.g into commercials for money. i cry wen i hear 'everyday struggle' he was so good at story-tellin. money influenced b.i.g from street-hop. shout out 2 BIG-L: he was d best freestyler after b.i.g, he still amazes me.

One could tell you are following Hip-Hop quite well - lemme quickly make a correction, BIG joints were street poetry he just didn't do conscious rap like Pac - One thing I know is, BIG had the ability to get into Pac's conscious rap, for example: 'suicidal thoughts' (remade into 'Hold ya Head'), 'Juicy' - Those songs show how close BIG was to getting into Pac's conscious story because BIG told stories of what happens to average blacks in New York on those tracks - my point is, BIG could have been able to do PAC's conscious rap but PAC would flop trying to kick mad lines like BIG - Only Big L came cloe to Biggie.
Re: Tupac Hologram Performs At Coachella 2012 by 9zeros(m): 10:23am On May 15, 2012
9jacrip:

One could tell you are following Hip-Hop quite well - lemme quickly make a correction, BIG joints were street poetry he just didn't do conscious rap like Pac - One thing I know is, BIG had the ability to get into Pac's conscious rap, for example: 'suicidal thoughts' (remade into 'Hold ya Head'), 'Juicy' - Those songs show how close BIG was to getting into Pac's conscious story because BIG told stories of what happens to average blacks in New York on those tracks - my point is, BIG could have been able to do PAC's conscious rap but PAC would flop trying to kick mad lines like BIG - Only Big L came cloe to Biggie.
on point. BIG REMAINS DA GREATEST MC DEAD OR ALIVE.
He is da do*pest lyrical assassin eva!!... n d 'Ready to Die' album is d evidence.
' i'm quick to grab my smith-n-wesson(gun) like my dic*k was missin'
His wordplay was simplest NOTORIOUS.... he is truely d BIGGEST!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lord Of Ajasa Banned From Uk For 10 Years / Know What You Listen To: (fallen Angel)-chris Brown / Wande Coal Ft. Don Jazzy - The Kick (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.