Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Is Solemnization Of Holy Matrimony Or Church Wedding Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Solemnization Of Holy Matrimony Or Church Wedding Biblical? (7249 Views)

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / How Biblical Is Church Wedding? / Which Type Of Marriage Does God Recognise? Traditional, Court Or Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Solemnization Of Holy Matrimony Or Church Wedding Biblical? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 16, 2012
Everyone getting married today wants to do this so called white wedding in the church. But I have been reading the bible and I am yet to see where an event of church wedding or solemnization of marriage of joining two people together took place in the bible. I guess the marriage Christ attended that was recorded in the Bible was a traditional marriage. So where in the world did this church wedding come from? I think it is wrong for Christians to be practicing right in the churches something like this that is not supported by the Bible. I suppose, for the Christians, practicing anything outside the Bible is a sin. Therefore Church wedding is a sin!
Re: Is Solemnization Of Holy Matrimony Or Church Wedding Biblical? by Goshen360(m): 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2012
Good observation. Let's wait and hope we get good answers. I have thought of same thing in the past. However, I think it shouldn't be a MUST to wed in the church and that those who don't do church wedding should not be recognized. What matters is LOVE between spouse and happy marriage. This is my view but I hope to get more answers though.
Re: Is Solemnization Of Holy Matrimony Or Church Wedding Biblical? by tpia6: 11:57pm On Sep 27, 2014
no responses, oh well.
Re: Is Solemnization Of Holy Matrimony Or Church Wedding Biblical? by datson: 10:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
My dear, if we are to go by your observation,then so many things will become sinful. For instance, most names of many churches are not in the bible, most activities done in d church are not written in d bible.
Church wedding simply means marrying in the presence of a witness with a priest or pastor to join u. Simple. When u are doing ur traditional,u can simple call any man of God to do it. So not a big deal
Not necessarily on a different occasions.
Na we human being like to blow and make things look big unnecessary
Re: Is Solemnization Of Holy Matrimony Or Church Wedding Biblical? by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Jun 10, 2020
The church weddings and the matrimonials have nothing to do with Christianity or God. They are merely traditions and ways of men.

(1) (Reply)

But How Did Satan Get Back InTo Heaven To See God - Job 2:1-2 / When Last Did You Pray For Your Enemies? / Another Look At The Trinity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.