Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,170 members, 7,852,988 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:36 AM

Premature Babies, Have U Experience Any Or Have Solutions????? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Premature Babies, Have U Experience Any Or Have Solutions????? (1429 Views)

Newly Arrived Ultrasound, Premature Babies Incubators, Delivery Bed, X-ray(ies). / Premature Babies Abandoned At Makurdi Federal Medical Center Due To Strike / Why Do Babies Have Different Ages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Premature Babies, Have U Experience Any Or Have Solutions????? by ayobarmy(m): 6:59pm On Apr 16, 2012
Children are indeed gift from God, but i can as well be a problem when things seems not to be going according to plan, so i will like us to share our experience here so that we could be of help to each other......
Re: Premature Babies, Have U Experience Any Or Have Solutions????? by agiboma(f): 4:45am On Apr 17, 2012
Prematurety is very complex issue, its not simple at all. Their are so many reason's why babies come prematurely. I could be the mothers body is failing and cant continue witht he pregnancy causing the early onset of labour. Other times it could be the baby simply wanting to make and early appearence. Even when a baby comes early the gestational age and weight will determine the class/category of prematurity. For example babies born befor 28 weeks are classed as (1) microprem, usually weigh about 500g to 1 pounds, (2) Premature 1-3 pounds usually 28-34 weeks (3) 3-5 pounds 34-37 weeks these babies are just slightly prem. The longer a woman stays pregnant the less complications the child will have @ birth. The microprems usually have long NNICU stays i mean moths int eh hospital where they grow and mature in the incubator cry. Parents often have a hard time with this as its very difficult to see your baby suffer everyday for months. The complications with micro prems are so numerous i cannot list them all here. In most western hospitals they will not release a baby until they are @ least 36 weeks, because of the feeding, heat regulation, and sometimes breathing issues.

(1) (Reply)

Who Should Head Medical Laboratory In Nigeria? / Health Benefits Of Cucumber / The Truth About Losing Baby Weight: How To Get Back In Shape After Pregnancy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.