Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:33 AM

Puzzling Information - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Puzzling Information (1268 Views)

It's Complicated: 5 Puzzling International Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Puzzling Information by Vicjustice: 7:24pm On Apr 16, 2012
This thread has been converted to Nigerian Irish wants a Nigerian Passport
Re: Puzzling Information by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 16, 2012
ok
Re: Puzzling Information by Observer1: 2:28pm On Apr 18, 2012
Vicj,
Am having the same problem,although my is that I need an invitation letter.
Can anyone help?..am in dublin,want to visit august.
Re: Puzzling Information by Vicjustice: 10:36pm On Apr 18, 2012
Observer1:
Vicj,
Am having the same problem,although my is that I need an invitation letter.
Can anyone help?..am in dublin,want to visit august.
I might be willing to help with that, but i need to correspond with you and and first, may i know your Nationality and the purpose of your intended visit?
Re: Puzzling Information by Observer1: 11:36am On Apr 20, 2012
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Puzzling Information by Vicjustice: 3:10pm On Apr 20, 2012
Observer1: @Vicj,African born in south Africa to a Nigerian mother but lost all my African identities to Irish nationality,wanted a 9ja passport from d consular here but was refused,hoping to apply for it in 9ja,.I have a house in 9ja,so I don't think i'l need to reserv an hotel but u never know 9jerians they might force me to book for an hotel as their requirements stated that one need an invitation letter and hotel reservation.anyways to ur question yes Irish national(black)
But what was the given reason for your passport application refusal?
Well, you won't be required to make hotel reservation if you can prove that you indeed have a place of residence in Nigeria. You can present the details of your house in Nigeria as intended accommodation (but the house documents may be required as a proof since the embassy already suspects that you have no dealings with Nigeria).
Now, as you are already known in the data-base of the Nigerian immigration service as someone who has attempted to (unjustifiably) obtain a Nigeria travel document, an invitation letter may be seen as a desperate measure to achieve your goal, so i am of the opinion that it would be easier to prove that you are truly of Nigerian decent with your ties than to book a hotel under the invitation of a total stranger: Therefore, since your intention is to go to Nigeria to apply for a Nigerian passport, it wouldn't spell wise for you to get a letter of invitation from a total stranger, think about this.
Re: Puzzling Information by Observer1: 9:01pm On Apr 23, 2012
Re: Puzzling Information by Vicjustice: 11:39pm On Apr 23, 2012
Observer1: @vicjustice,
refusal,when I said refusal I do not mean absolute refusal,I got pissed off with the consular and we xchanged some words and I said to hell with him and pssport,And left never gone back there since 2007,Although I once had a guy called Mohammed to check my details on their system,But he could not find any,Which means the event was not registered on their computer.Anyway,I know that I portrayed myself as a violent person here which I am not.

The reasons why I got pissed off was that they kept making the rules as they go,they were not following the official requirements.On the requirements I met all that was on the BOOK.However,he requested That I bring an Affidavitts,luckly I was a law student doing work xperience in a firm,so I got one of the solicitor in the office to sign it and he included his num which they rang.Then I was asked to come the next day,I tot I going to collect the psssport or something.Guess what?your man demanded that bring another affidavitts from nigeria,luckly my cousin is a Barrister in Ikeja,he immediatly fax it to me the next day.yr man demanded again that I bring a letter of Indigene from a cheif or oba near to our home,which I did the next 3 working days (friday)he then requested again that I bring a letter from my mum.I then said this is complete horse manure,Why did'nt you ask me to bring all these things in one go,He said he is in charge he can demand what he please,I said then to hell with u and the passport.And I never went back there since then.Although,a friend introduced me to Mohammed then,who later confirmed that the incident was not recorded.
Well, you gave them reasons to demand all those documents, you didn't do exactly how it was supposed to have been done.
Now, when they asked you to provide affidavits, it was expected of you to provide one from Nigeria, but you went to get a document from an Irish source, that was wrong. You were then given a second chance to provide an affidavits from Nigeria, and you thought it smart to have someone swear an affidavits on your behalf, that action was illegal since you are a legal aged adult: and because of these illegality involved in your attempt to get the Nigerian passport, the embassy then took it that your claims are questionable hence they made all those demands. you are to blame dude.
Re: Puzzling Information by Observer1: 12:25am On Apr 24, 2012
No bro,how can I provide an affidavitts from 9ija while I dont reside there in 9ija,do know what affidavitts is?.Affidavitts is a legal documents which support ur claim of being who said you are,it does not matter where it is from as long as it is signed by a commissioner of oath that knew u.

By law bringing an affidavitts from 9ja to ireland would be deemed invalid except if I was a newly arrived immigrant.So to me ur man did not know what
he was doing.
Re: Puzzling Information by Observer1: 12:35am On Apr 24, 2012
To be honest with u 9ija passport does not mean a thing to me,I dont think that it could add anything to my well being,.However,I need it only if I decide to visit my cousins over there,it could save me the hassle of having to deal with leeson park,becos I hate everyone of them including Mohammed
however he is the only one that I respect there,due to his gentleness.
Re: Puzzling Information by juzme: 8:50am On Apr 24, 2012
I don’t mean to be rude but I will like to let you know that any country’s travelling documents (Passport) are valuable.
Secondly, I don’t think all your stories add up and no offence for that. You should be aware that any well-organized embassy will do anything to prevent people from obtaining passport through fraudulent means and this is to protect the genuine applicants and passport holders.
I can understand sometimes that embassy’s staffs through lack of proper training misbehave or acted in inappropriate manner.
If you have genuine reason to obtain Nigerian passport you should submit all the necessarily documents and some of the documents you said you obtained within those short period of time looked suspicious.
@vicjustice, If I understand your questions correctly, your family member have to fill application online as a visitor (tourism) and pay visa fees online plus embassy charge (postal order).
Re: Puzzling Information by Observer1: 10:06am On Apr 24, 2012
how can a document from ikeja high court b suspicious even though it came with fully stamped,addressed and phone numbered.Anyway,I do not think that it was the case.I understand the protection and all that,had he requested for all that at once I would have undastand.My anger was that he failed to understand the value of time.to me time is very precious as I dont have much of it.

And for u commenting bout short space of time in a technological era,I would suggest u think again.However,I have pple who can drop the whole world for my sake,I failed to inform u that I have a brother for Oba.it was only a pity that he(consular)did not know who I was.No offence

(1) (Reply)

Before You Travel: 10 Easiest Foreign Languages To Learn. / How Did You Behave On Your First Day In A City? Did You Behave Like Mumu? / Out Of Status F1 Student, Marrying A US Citizen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.