Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Birthday Party Ideas For A 10 Year Old - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Birthday Party Ideas For A 10 Year Old (10461 Views)

MC Oluomo Throws ‘Braless’ Birthday Party (Photos) / Pictures From The Birthday Party Of A Female Nairalander / Checkout This Hilarious Invitation To A Birthday Party In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Birthday Party Ideas For A 10 Year Old by adeboo(f): 10:13am On Nov 07, 2007
Hello all.
I just needed some help, my daughter is going to be ten next year God willing and i desire to give her a birthday bash.
She hasnt really had a birthday party and it would be amazing if she got one.
She hasnt really had it easy, a non existent Father and she is also being treated for sickle cell anemia.

So thats why i decided to go really big.

So i would like some birthday party ideas - e.g games to play, party bag items etc - maybe even parties you have been to and liked what you saw. I really want it to be about her and only her.

So people please help me.
Re: Birthday Party Ideas For A 10 Year Old by vission: 11:37am On Sep 09, 2009
hi adeboo, call this numbers 08098837227 or 08034837228, 08034837227

log unto this site, for proffesional tips on your daughters event.

http://e-ventsnstyle..com

cheers.
events IN Style
Re: Birthday Party Ideas For A 10 Year Old by Nweddings: 12:51pm On Sep 09, 2009
Re: Birthday Party Ideas For A 10 Year Old by mamagee6(f): 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2009
Buy a cake and few sodas with a present for his birthday.
Re: Birthday Party Ideas For A 10 Year Old by Epi: 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2009
Mission Impossible: Cut Party Planning Costs By More Than Half

Here's our mission -- plan an extravagant party for a little girl for less than $300. Can we do it? When it comes to party planning, I'm not a pro, but I was pretty sure it could be done. And I was right. Here's how I did it.

The Facility
First things first, you need a place for your party. Most extravagant parties involve renting a facilities of some sort. I say have it in your backyard. With a little creativity and careful party planning, you can have a fabulous party right at home.

The Entertainment
Little girls love clowns, but hiring a pro can cost you $100 an hour or more. What's my low-cost party planning solution? Buy some face paints and a clown nose ($10) and run an ad in the local paper that you need someone to dress up as a clown for your child's party ($25 for the ad, $10 an hour for the clown for 3 hours = $55).

The Activities
For our party planning experiment this is where most of our expense is going to come from. First, I checked into renting a moon bounce. Yes, it was costly but it was well worth it.

A moon bounce rental can cost $200 or more, but there are ways to keep the expense to a minimum. First, rent it by the hour instead of the day and agree to pick it up and set it up yourself. This way you can get a moon bounce rental for $100 to $150.

I also bought a pin-the-tail on the donkey game ($5), a pinata ($20) and a rope for tug-o-war ($10). I also had musical chairs included in our party planning itinerary, which didn't cost us anything because we would use our own fold-up chairs.

The Food
When it comes to party planning costs, timing is everything. If you time your party right you won't have to provide any food other than cake. Our party was planned from 1 to 4. After lunch, but before dinner -- which left us with our cake. I added one of those "doll cakes" (cakes that look like a Barbie doll) to our budget for $30.

The Favors
Of course, you can't send your guests home without a goody bag. I went on eBay and looked for some party favor ideas for my party planning experiment. I found personalized candy bar wrappers for about $5 (plus $5 for the cost of the candy bars) and personalized coloring books for about $1 each ($20 for 20 of them).

The Cost
So how much did a party with a moon bounce, designer cake, clowns, games and cool party favors come to with my party planning experiment? My total came to EXACTLY $300, and no, I didn't plan it that way. Of course, there are always unexpected expenses to consider when party planning, so I say a budget of $350 would be wise, but for a party with a live clown, a moon bounce and tons of fun, it's a bargain.

http://www.consumersavvytips.org/lavish_party_planning_without_the_sticker_shock.html

(1) (Reply)

Celebrities At 'The Meeting' Premiere (Pictures) / Tony Nwulu, Fashanu, Eucharia, Oritse Femi, Kiss Daniels Honoured At Peace Event / Events Section Directory / List Of Great Topics!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.