Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 (44420 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Chelsea: 65% (119 votes)
Barcelona: 26% (48 votes)
Draw: 7% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona : UCL (2 - 0) On 13th April 2016 / Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On 12th September 2015 / Athletic Bilbao Vs Barcelona : Spanish Super Cup (4 - 0) On 14th August 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 19, 2012
DTaj: This game was a big miracle for Chelsea;
Yes indeed!
DTaj:
their fans should just cool down
no we shouldnt we have a reason to celebrate because of your statement above,
DTaj: because they will be annihilated at Camp Nou next Tuesday.
maybe, maybe not.
DTaj:
What better miracle could you get?
Winning the Champions League.
DTaj: Ball possession: Barca 72%, Chelsea 28%; Goal Attempts: Barca 24, Chelsea 5; Goal Attempts on Target: Barca 6, Chelsea 1! And with the only one goal attempt on target, they won 1-0!
Talk about efficiency.
DTaj:
Barca hit the bar twice when Cech was in no man's land, Ashley Cole cleared a certain Fabregas goal off the line; Cech made at least 5 excellent goal-bound saves! Most analysts say the game might have been 5-1 to Barca on account of play and chances.
Messi's job is to take goal-bound shot so is Fabregas', Cech and Cole have a duty to protect their goals are you saying they acted ultra vires?
DTaj:
This stretch of luck won't endure at Camp Nou. I bet it!
We'll see.
DTaj:
So, Chelsea fans, enjoy your 6 days in the sun- before Tuesday, next week!!!
Oh absolutely, we wouldnt have it any other way.

2 Likes

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by dj5naira(m): 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2012
Di matteo's players stood on Pep Guardiola's fat tongue, now he has humbly tasted the feet.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Fellywood(m): 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2012
It WIIL end 3-1 at the end for Barcelona grin grin grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by efeboy(m): 1:07pm On Apr 19, 2012
Meehn! what a great game it was yesterday. I think watching the game as a Barca supporter, the misses made it more

interesting for me. It showed that if Barca wants to create chances upon chances against a defensive Chelsea, they

can.

Even though I don't want to think Barcelona underestimated Chelsea (They never did) like Real Madrid did Bayern Munich,

Yesterday's game should teach some elements of Barca some lessons :

DANI ALVES

1. Respect your opponents very very well. Alves made a mistake when he stated that the reason Chelsea lost to Barca

in 2009 was because Chelsea was afraid to attack. I think that was very disrespectful, and no wonder why the goal

came in through his wing. That statement only incited Chelsea players to come at him exploiting his wing, knowing

that he would be lost in the attacking play that he so loves.

PEP GUARDIOLA

1. Pay attention to the slightest details. When I saw Roberto lining up Ramires in the left side of the pitch

with Drogba heading the attack, I sensed Di Matteo was about to do some old magic he did against Napoli

in the return leg game at the Bridge. That formation (Ramires on left, Drogba in attack) is turning into

some magic portion for Di Matteo. Had Pep considered Ramires' speed and straight-to-the-point kind of play, the

story might have been different.

In all both managers knew what they were doing yesterday. You can never doubt the tactical approaches of both managers.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by michylabo(m): 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2012
Barcelona fans shld accept defeat. Yes u did all d playing, passed the ball so well, had abt 750 passes against Chelsea's 180, did all d fanciful tricks in d book of footbal but could not achieve the ultimate aim of the game 'PUTTING THE BALL IN THE NET'.... Chelsea on d other hand watched u play, enjoyed d game, defended and had d ultimate achievement of scoring a goal. Chelsea PASSED while BARCELONA failed. So whip ur tears and prepare for the next leg. The pressure is on BARCA. Try and score goals. Whether clean goals or wit the help of the 12th and 13th player, just score and win. Stop whining like a bytch
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by timbros(m): 2:05pm On Apr 19, 2012
Barca complained that Milan didnt water San Siro in their visit there thats why they werent efficient enough but yesterday see enough water, why didnt Barca score? Simply because ref was very efficient lol. . .

1 Like

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by gentlegg(m): 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2012
Those midgets in Barcelona will never win Chelsea without red card or penalty.

Barcelona failed yesterday because Ref refused their cheating business as usual.

timbros: Barca complained that Milan didnt water San Siro in their visit there thats why they werent efficient enough but yesterday see enough water, why didnt Barca score? Simply because ref was very efficient[b][/b] lol. . .
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by mikron(m): 4:05pm On Apr 19, 2012
barca lost, pure n simple. they are not the best after all. no team has won the UEFA champs league back for back. lets wait n see
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by kilimanjaro(m): 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2012
So bluetooth no get liver
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by tyson55(m): 7:46pm On Apr 19, 2012
The referee for the game at the Camp Nou will have his work cut out trying to save this game for Barcelona, its easier when the first leg result is a nil-nil draw like the AC Milan game, expect penalties for Barcelona and cards handed out like confetti to Chelsea players. As for Drogba, he was playing Barca at their own game and they didn't like it. To see Sergio Biscuits moaning at the referee about Drogba was frankly laughable at best, at worst downright insulting. Good Luck to Chelsea.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by 1025: 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2012
i just have one fear which is barca - chelsea second leg history. the last time both teams met in a second leg game like this, the ref finished his carrier there. no important ref will be given the opportunity to finish his carrier on a low note and i am afraid platini might bring in one of his cousins to make sure chelsea did not progress.
i am expecting a new football law on or before that game. we might see a situation where drogba will be given a red card for smiling on the pitch.
in all, let it be on record that i said it here that something new in football will happen on tuesday in camp nou.
as for the first leg, it is called a game plan. don't drag the ball with them to avoid a red card, just keep things tight at the back and use the wide mouths(alves) wing and connect quickly with the most dangerous on pitch and the work is done.
my prayer to all chelsea fans around is EVERY BARCELONA ON YOUR WAY MUST MEET YOU DROGBA.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by beeboy09(m): 7:30pm On Apr 20, 2012
Barca win Chelsea no be news but Chelsea beat Barca na SERIOUS NEWS tongue
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by 1025: 12:06am On Apr 25, 2012
Barca has to be hailed for living up to their billing as United nations ambassadors for giving something today to the less privileged Chelsea. It was a training session for Barca in readiness for next week.

@afam4ever,
u wrote this after the first leg so i ask u now, how market?
like they say, empty vessels make the most noise. u have been all over the thread ranting. now that ur almight barca has disappointed u, can u go and sleep or better still jump into the nearest lagoon.
it is so unfortunate that u don't even have any record of chelsea/barca games and their outcome. chelsea has never lost in their last 4 visits to camp nou. barca and chelsea has met 12 times with chelsea wining 4 times, barca 3 and 5 draws.
we have won and won so what next do u have to say.
ur barca could not win 10 men chelsea in their home, with a penalty, it is a shame brother.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by dayokanu(m): 12:18am On Apr 25, 2012
Where are the Arsenal fans using Van persies red card at nou camp as an excuse not to have one shot on target
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Mustay(m): 2:48pm On Apr 25, 2012
Too much rambling. The Barca model has failed in its assumptions. Blue is the blood.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by toshmann(m): 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2012
mikron: barca lost, pure n simple. they are not the best after all. no team has won the UEFA champs league back for back. lets wait n see

Wrong .

The following teams have won it back to back. Go figure. Check the records.
Real Madrid
Ajax
Bayern Munich
Liverpool cool
Nothingham Forest
AC Milan
Inter Milan
Etc
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Mustay(m): 4:54pm On Apr 28, 2012
toshmann:

Wrong .

The following teams have won it back to back. Go figure. Check the records.
Real Madrid
Ajax
Bayern Munich
Liverpool cool
Nothingham Forest
AC Milan
Inter Milan
Etc

Am sure you're aware we're all talking 'bout UCL and not EC.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by toshmann(m): 8:53pm On Apr 28, 2012
Mustay:

Am sure you're aware we're all talking 'bout UCL and not EC.

Which one be UCL vs EC? If I have a son and call him Uche. And he becomes a teenager with pubic hairs, a girlfriend, deep voice, becomes taller than me and his friends call him Uchman, is he not still my son?
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Mustay(m): 4:56pm On May 27, 2012
EC = European Cup.

What you are tryna do is semantics otherwise we would have easily said Madrid has won it back (though true, 5 consecutive times) but you have it today that no one has successfully defended the trophy.

The format changed drastically from 92/93 season.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by 1025: 3:12pm On May 28, 2012
we are about to break the record of winning it back to back. since blatter is about scrapping penalty shoot outs because chelsea won with it, we are going to buy, hulk, hazard and falcoa to make sure we will be winning every team with at least 3 goals.
we will be back because our money making machine - roman money is in to print new currencies.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Jimbaz7(m): 1:07pm On May 30, 2012
1025: we are about to break the record of winning it back to back. since blatter is about scrapping penalty shoot outs because chelsea won with it, we are going to buy, hulk, hazard and falcoa to make sure we will be winning every team with at least 3 goals.
we will be back because our money making machine - roman money is in to print new currencies.
What about Torres. Chelsea style of football spoils fun for good players as you have seen over the years. They too will become flop because of that style of play. wait and see
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by 1025: 11:48am On May 31, 2012
What about Torres. Chelsea style of football spoils fun for good players as you have seen over the years. They too will become flop because of that style of play. wait and see

@jimbaz789,
this is what i call lazy judgement. what is fun about million and billions of dollars spent on football? you sound like an arsenal fan? if u are, let me remind u that you have a very confused coach and club. to explain this further, we saw arsenal win trophies and played the invissible with matured players like viera, pires, edu, bergkamp,kanu and a host of other players. what happened afterwards was wenger changing the winning team for school children and all of a sudden, we started hearing about the young gunners. when the young gunners refused to gun anything down, we saw a younger gun in the name of sylvestre from manu, sol campbell on his second coming, henry on his second coming, lehman on his second coming. all these are young gunners. we also saw benayoun on loan from chelsea, and recent buys going out of young gunners. then the beautiful football. in all these, one thing has been constant here - trophy-less. now look at the rumours, wenger wants de jong who is like a killer. will he be part of the beautiful football? the idea of football is to play the round leather into ur opponents net and do ur best to stop them from putting the same leather into ur net. how u do that is called pattern and it is not in any fif/uefa rule that teams must stick to a particular pattern in any game. games against barca, chelsea according to ur types were playing defensive pattern while barca were playing attacking pattern but in both legs, chelsea scored 3 goals from a defensive position while barca scored just 2 from all their attacks.
against buyern, they had over 20 corners without converting one but chelsea had just one and took their chance. who are u blaming here?
players like torres knows the system in chelsea yet he came. you can't tell me that players like ramires and david luiz were as popular as they are now when they arrieved standford bridge. for your records, in 2010 season, chelsea broke the record of the highest number of goals scored in a single season in epl that is 105 goals. in 2005, chelsea had the fewest number of goals conceded by a club in a season that is 15. what more do u want from a club that is hungry for trophies? what is the need for beautiful football when it yields nothing to the team and club?
winning is the ultimate goal of football and that is not counted on the ball possession or how beautiful your game is but by the number of goals scored.
in soccer winning mentality is what matters and that has been keeping chelsea. whosoever is coming to chelsea as a player must be ready to compete for position and not relax to get a shirt as it is in arsenal. what we have is a star studded team and more are coming so the competition is high and if u flop, the club wouldn't have a choice.
like i said, u sounded like an arsenal fan so i am talking base on that. in ur club(arsenal),denilson, arshravin and chamakh even bendtner are all flops so? ibrahimovic of all ppl flopped in barca after adding 40 million euros to eto to land him. in man u, saha, diego forlan, manucho, anderson, berbatov etc are all flops. give me any club u know and i will list names of flops in the club.
at the end of every season, fans judge their clubs by the number of trophies and this season, chelsea made us proud as their fans. did ur club make u proud?
in europe, chelsea is the champion and no one can accuse us of winning through fraudulent means. what chelsea complain in the areas of officiating is not making sense to anyone yet until we start paying refs to make decisions in our favour.

1 Like

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by sunnychibs(m): 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2020
Good old days
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by donjazet(m): 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2020
sunnychibs:
Good old days

I tell you. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Liverpool vs Arsenal - 3- 1 On 28th September 2020 / Tottenhan Hotspur Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 19th June 2020 / Manchester United Vs Wolves (0 - 1) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.