Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Please Help!! My 2 Year Old Son Seems To Have Autism! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help!! My 2 Year Old Son Seems To Have Autism! (2132 Views)

‘Pregnant’ 2-year-old Boy Has Parasitic Twin Removed From His Stomach / Dyslexia, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Brain Injury, Stroke And Hbot In Nigeria / 2 Year Old Indian Girl Born With Four Legs And Four Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!! My 2 Year Old Son Seems To Have Autism! by atise: 2:37am On Apr 19, 2012
Dear Nairalanders,
Over the last 3months, I became worried that my son who clocked 2 years last december, is unable to speak even one word, e.g. 'dada' or 'mama'. On further observation i have also noticed that he avoids eye contact as much as possible, and also likes to play on his computer by himself a lot. Avoids playing with children of similar age also.

Consulted a speech Therapist, and she said she notices some autistic features. he is the 2nd of my only 2 children. I am deeply worried indeed, and would be happy if Nairalanders, particularly those with experience with autistic children (here in Nigeria) share with me how to cope with such an unusual condition.

Thanks.
Re: Please Help!! My 2 Year Old Son Seems To Have Autism! by nikkygal(f): 8:02am On Apr 19, 2012
@OP

I don't know too much about Autism but this topic has been discussed quite a nos of times on NL. You can check the links below maybe they could help.

https://www.nairaland.com/884760/son-cannot-count-numbers

https://www.nairaland.com/817714/child-autistic#9703248

https://www.nairaland.com/130297/dealing-dyslexia-other-learning-disorders
Re: Please Help!! My 2 Year Old Son Seems To Have Autism! by atise: 2:59am On May 02, 2012
Nikkygal, I have checked all those links u posted, but they have not rrally helped me as I wish.
please I welcome more advice/suggestions, particularly from persons with personal experiences here in Naija.

Thanks.
Re: Please Help!! My 2 Year Old Son Seems To Have Autism! by oxypress: 8:46am On May 02, 2012
Oga atise,

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy ( hbot ) helps to alleviate the problems of autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders.

Search for yourself by googling : hbot autism, hbot brain damage, nairaland hbot autism, hbot xxxx.... You may check

here for our link: https://www.nairaland.com/814125/dyslexia-autism-cerebral-palsy-brain#9659786
Re: Please Help!! My 2 Year Old Son Seems To Have Autism! by daisyjo(f): 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2012
Hi atise,my son is a little older and has been diagnosed with Autism.First things first,you need to see a paediatic neurologist to take a look at your son.I have seen a couple and most seem to be lost when it comes to issues like autism-dem no teach them for school,i think. grin.But then,you need to be sure that it is not merely a speech delay or another developmental challenge.Next,i would suggest you get in touch with a speech therapist Nice lady and very empathetic or someone with experience in autism and related disorders .Also read,read,read...research,research research and pray,pray,pray!. You may need to look at stuff like his diet, going green and bio as much as possible.Love him more,dress him in the best clothes,take him out as much as possible,talk to him,read stories, buy him good dvds that will help him develope speech.(no telletubies,waybuloo cos they don't talk and are nor good models for ur child) Try bumblebee dvd- www.bumblebeekids.com and 'your baby can read' dvds.Buy lots of books with pictures snd words.Find out what your child loves e.g music,painting etc and use it to reach him.
Also pay attention to his feeding.how does he eat,what does he like to it,do certain foods make the symptoms you are seeing worse or better as well as his sleep pattern.you may need all these information to assist in getting him assessed and diagnosed.

You can reach me on gedaisy2000@yahoo.com. I am not a doctor and i do not know too much.I am just a mother on the same journey who is bent on recovering her son one step at a time.I believe that God only gives special gifts to special people because he knows you will do a great job taking care of them with his help.

Stay blessed,
Daisy.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!! My 2 Year Old Son Seems To Have Autism! by lyfe(m): 4:22am On Jun 24, 2012
^^^ Thanks for the info, I am sure the OP will find it useful.

(1) (Reply)

Caesarean Session/ Vaginal Birth, Which Is More Beneficial??! Read!!! / The Most Powerful Natural Cure For Anxiety & Chronic Stress / Rest In Peace: Hypeman, Brian B Is Dead (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.