Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

When Kunle Afolayan Lied On Bella Naija - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / When Kunle Afolayan Lied On Bella Naija (2155 Views)

Linda Ikeji Is A Homewrecker, She Broke Up Dbanj & Bella Naija - Kemi Olunloyo / Kunle Afolayan And Omotola Jalade Chilling In LA / Bella Naija Vs Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Kunle Afolayan Lied On Bella Naija by Orikinla(m): 10:27am On Apr 21, 2012
“Since I was born in this country, there has never been light.”
~ Kunle Afolayan, quoted from his interview on http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/04/19/his-new-movie-phone-swap-beat-hollywood-blockbusters-in-nigerian-cinemas-find-out-how-award-winning-filmmaker-kunle-afolayan-did-it/.

That above statement is a BIG NIGERIAN LIE, because Kunle AFOLAYAN enjoyed NEPA as a child in the 1970s when power outages were not so frequent in Nigeria and I stayed on Bonny Island in Rivers State where there was regular power supply for the four years I spent there researching for the per-production of my first feature film. Moreover he should acknowledge the financial support of Prince Tonye Princewill who has been a majlor co-financier of successful movies in Nigeria, including Kunle’s “Figurine”. It is good to be honest and transparent and not being economical with the TRUTH.

Re: When Kunle Afolayan Lied On Bella Naija by tpia5: 3:34pm On Apr 21, 2012
Re: When Kunle Afolayan Lied On Bella Naija by tpia5: 3:34pm On Apr 21, 2012
can someone post a synopsis of his major movies?
Re: When Kunle Afolayan Lied On Bella Naija by brainchild78(m): 2:42am On Apr 22, 2012
I was born in the 70's & grew up in the 80's & 90's and can attest that the power supply was far better in the 70's & 80's when local Nigerian Industries were thriving.
Re: When Kunle Afolayan Lied On Bella Naija by Abimbade: 4:11am On Apr 22, 2012
KUNLE AFOLAYAN April 21, 2012 at 4:08 PM
@Orikinla, Its either you are looking for cheap publicity or wrote those statements out of boredom. I don’t know when you were born but i was born in the 70′s in Lagos, Yaba to be precise and have been used to the phrase ‘UP NEPA’ since then. As a matter of fact, Nepa office was few blocks from my house so…i guess Bonny Island was an exception.
May i ask where you got the information that Prince Tonye Princewill sponsored or funded Figurine?? Yes he’s a brother and a supporter of Motion pictures in Nigeria but please try and get your facts right about people’s involvement in projects.

A big thanks to you all my fans out there and thank you for buying the original dvd of figurine and for seeing Phone swap in the cinemas. Just incase you haven’t seen Figurine and you intend to do so onilne, please visite http://www.hibuzz.com and Phone swap is still showing in cinemas all across Nigeria and Ghana. Premiering and opening in Cinemas in UK in June.
thats kunle reply
Re: When Kunle Afolayan Lied On Bella Naija by RedRiver(m): 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2012
Guys the man is right. i can also say the same thing. forget the way he said it. whether we have 5hrs or 12hrs of light/power daily in naija there is still no light in Nigeria. am also saying it since i was born theres been no light in naija

(1) (Reply)

Rihanna Shocks Many As She Goes Shopping In A Swimsuit ( Photos) / Aww! Timi Dakolo Shows Off His Two Kids / Military Men And Police Pose With Chinedu Ikedieze Aka Aki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.