Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10481622 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2238) (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) ... (19138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 10:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
pamcode:
But your team wasn't exactly smart enough to capitalise on those errors. Were they? Match ended two nil
were you in a cave when the match was played? The match ended 2-1. And if not for our profligacy, we could have equalised and even won the match.

So get your facts right next time. undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:24pm On Oct 19, 2016
chic2pimp:

Very much possible. This match pretty much shows why Pep won't win the CL. He is simply too idealistic in his approach to the game. It's not everyday sexy football, sometimes reign it in a little bit. No way Jose or Simeone looses that game 4 Nil

Its not like Mourinho has never lost 5-0 to Barca before.

Man City wont win the CL because there are teams that are way better than them
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

Captain obvious sir

Barca will hammer City? When have they not hammered City? Its like saying Bayern will Hammer Arsenal

How many teams in the whole of Europe will Barca not hammer
City's previous meetings against Barca
2-0,2-1,2-1,1-0

If those are hammer,this is Chain saw

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

From a Man Utd fan

Probably an inexperienced one. Did you watch the arsenal game? Ludogorets actually played well. Their passes were very decent, hell!! They actually had more posseion than arsenal!! But what was the final score? The coach rather than sit back and try to catch them on the break, his team tried to attack and used a high line and arsenal use counter finish their life.

That is tactical inflexibility!!
This is not the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time that fraudiola has been disgraced in Europe, why doesn't he learn??

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
bigkesh:

2-0,2-1,2-1,1-0

cheesy grin grin cheesy grin grin grin
Abeg no kill me with laff!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

Bros.Bros Abeg. Na that match I dey find for YouTube make I post for here make them see. People with short memories.

Parking the bus doesn't get you the hammer but Jose got 5-0.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
SailorXY:
better reduce the quantity of Ijebu Garri.
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
sinizia:
I just don't understand. Before Bravo's mistake, Barca were outplayed by City. Messi, Suarez and Co were made to look ordinary. Why are people not giving Guardiola his due respect for outplaying and rendering Barca useless till Bravo's moment of madness? Even at Nou Camp, Barca had only one shot on target in the first-half. Only Atletico's ultra-defensive style can limit Barca to such shocking stat. Even Barca fans in the bar with me were shocked and could hardly make noise the entire first-half.

If they play that game 100 times its still gonna go like that....
Even Arsenal did the same at Emirates

You gain soo much confidence with the possession that you leave spaces at the back

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
bigkesh:

And when you are a man down against Barca at camp nou every normal being who isn't an extremist like Pep would close the shop and hope to hit on the counter....
That he even came out and allowed Barca a lot of space with a numerical disadvantage shows he is a dunce...

Like we have not seen a team beat barca with a red card..

It could have easily been 7,Neymar miss PK sef.....This is Pep in every big game,embarrassing score lines from all angles

Once you're a goal and a man down against Barca, it's practically over.

And Pep cannot be expected to account for the utter stewpidty of Bravo when formulating his tactics.

I say go to the Barca thread and see where Barca fans were openly musing if they had a midfield during the match.

Bravo killed city today, aided and abetted by John Stones

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 10:30pm On Oct 19, 2016
Lucky goal indeed, na make bravo dey do Yoga?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:30pm On Oct 19, 2016
bigkesh:

2-0,2-1,2-1,1-0

Bascially Barca has never dropped a signle point to City before today

So whats the big deal with beating City. Let me make a prediction If Barca faces Arsenal they will hammer them

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

And what happened after that? He learnt his lessons. I like Pep but abeg He needs to learn to switch it up a bit.

Like we have not seen underdogs get to CL finals or win it before.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
bigkesh:

If they play that game 100 times its still gonna go like that....
Even Arsenal did the same at Emirates

You gain soo much confidence with the possession that you leave spaces at the back

You what is funny about this statement? You guys will keep saying this over and over until Pep creates another Barca out of City. Then the story changes.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agEr41SA6nE

Barcelona 5 Madrid 0

Guess who was Barcelonas coach?

You guessed right, the same coach whom Pep has beaten 9-3 head to head

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

How many teams in the whole of Europe will Barca not hammer

I'm proud to be a supporter of a club that has faced Barca 10 times during their era of dominance and never got hammered, infact never got beat by more than 1 goal, and never got beat with 11 men on the pitch, period!

Our record vs Barca in that time reads 3 wins, 5 draws and 2 losses.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2016
chic2pimp:
And what happened after that? He learnt his lessons. I like Pep but abeg He needs to learn to switch it up a bit.
Like we have not seen underdogs get to CL finals or win it before.

What happened after that? Abi the Mourinho that has learnt to switch his tactics can barely get to CL semi finals anymore, not even quarters not even make top 4. and currently sitting 5th in the same league they started on the same day

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2016
nateevs:

You what is funny about this statement? You guys will keep saying this over and over until Pep creates another Barca out of City. Then the story changes.

Let's see
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ibime:

I'm proud to be a supporter of a club that has faced Barca 10 times during their era of dominance and never got hammered, infact never got beat by more than 1 goal, and never got beat with 11 men on the pitch, period!

And how many times has the "Not getting hammered epped" you?

Maybe Guardiola will also come today and say he lost because he didnt have 11 men on the field? Not getting hammered I would have expected that will be getting you to CL semis regularly

The not getting hammered is why you probably are out of Europe altogether
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 10:38pm On Oct 19, 2016
nateevs:

Bros.Bros Abeg. Na that match I dey find for YouTube make I post for here make them see. People with short memories.

Parking the bus doesn't get you the hammer but Jose got 5-0.

He doesn't necessarily have to park the bus though. Simply make them more difficult to break down when they come up against the likes of Barca. He probably has to play that way 2 or 3 times a season. Not too much to ask is it?

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ibime:

3 months ago after Man City's first two matches, me and my guy had discussed that we can't wait to see City face Barca, they will get hammered.

I don't need to speculate what I already know as facts. It would be naive of me to watch City doing initial gra gra in the first 30 mins, then when they inevitably get soundly beaten, act all shocked like #haneveresperredit.

After your criticisms of Jose tactics against Liverpool, this was the perfect opportunity to show ninjas how a manager should approach big games. Pepper never rest, you started hailing Peps tactics upandan because of initial gra gra, only to find they got the disgrace of their life. Don't tell me youneveresperredit! grin

Preach!! man preach!!! grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
chic2pimp:

He doesn't necessarily have to park the bus though. Simply make them more difficult to break down when they come up against the likes of Barca. He probably have to play that way 2 or 3 times a season. Not too much to ask is it?

The reason Pep is the most sought after coach is because of his style of play, City owners didnt get him to park the bus, they got him to help them play and win like Barcelona

I am sure you have heard of coaches winning ugly and getting into trouble with their owners.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 10:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
Lost 5-0 as a new manager in a new league to one of the best teams ever. Big deal.

Why were there no repeat score lines from the managerial genius?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

And how many times has the "Not getting hammered epped" you?

The same UCL medals as Bayern, 1 UCL final and 6 UCL semifinals.

We might not be Bill Gates, but even Dangote can be proud of his achievement!

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
One serious question though, why the Bleep did he not start Aguero shocked

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ibime:
The same UCL medals as Bayern, 1 UCL final and 6 UCL semifinals.

We might not be Bill Gates, but even Dangote can be proud of his achievement!

After spending like times 3 more than Bayern

Only that Bayern is not at the risk of missing Europe for the second yr in a row. Its the Not getting hammered that got you to finishing out of Europe

Maybe Guardiola will also come today and say he lost because he didnt have 11 men on the field? Not getting hammered I would have expected that will be getting you to CL semis regularly

Maybe if you had invested time, players and manager resources into a quality attacking philosophy, you wont have gone through gazzilion coaches and still not making Europe this yr

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

After spending like times 3 more than Bayern

Only that Bayern is not at the risk of missing Europe for the second yr in a row. Its the Not getting hammered that got you to finishing out of Europe

Maybe if you had invested time, players and manager resources into a quality attacking philosophy, you wont have gone through gazzilion coaches and still not making Europe this yr

The team Jose built got to UCL semis and finals almost every year for 10 years.

I can't speak for the ninny era of recent years.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2016
Football sha... everyone is a bloody expert. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

What happened after that? Abi the Mourinho that has learnt to switch his tactics can barely get to CL semi finals anymore, not even quarters not even make top 4. and currently sitting 5th in the same league they started on the same day

Those same tactics got Him two CL as the underdog. Not saying Jose is perfect. As you know I am firmly in the Pep camp however He needs to change his tactics once in a blue moon. 2-3 games a season is not a lot to ask. He would have gotten Bayern to at least one Finals had He done that.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ibime:

Because the team cost £400m.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ibime:

I can't speak for the ninny era of recent years.

Di Matteo played not to get hammered also, he even won the CL and he has been sacked by Aston villa in division 2

Jose played not to get hammered he has been sacked twice in a row and cant even make top 4 anymore

Your worst season was led by Mourinho right maybe he is the greatest of the ninnies

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by weedtaker: 10:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
pep and jose no be mate for tactics.

José played against Liverpool and packed the bus, they were laughing at him, now baldiola wan play sexy footie and got disgraced, excuses are flying upandan like say person die. its now people know that individual error can cost teams point , yet when mhiki and lingard were playing like nursery school pupil and were ruining José's plan they were busy lauding peps tactics, now we don see where tactics don land de foreign apari fraud of a manager ...Madrid 4-0 bayern... barca 3-0 bayern.... barca 4-0 man city. pep is fraud!

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 10:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ibime:

Our record vs Barca in that time reads 3 wins, 5 draws and 2 losses.
The barca team that had Luis Figo, rivaldo, kluivert etc actually romped to a 5-1 victory against Chelsea. Though that wasn't Roman's era.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2238) (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) ... (19138) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Theemmyy, enigma0, Vischy, Caicedobets(m), Henrique99, Windscribe and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.