Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,326 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10532398 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2544) (2545) (2546) (2547) (2548) (2549) (2550) ... (19166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ibime:

My nigga stop lying. Matic is making more passes per 90 minutes than Kante. I'm willing to put money on it o. Come and chop me.

Oya Nihilst food is ready cheesy

Besides , Adama traore could be blue this weekend cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
raumdeuter:

Gudjonsen played most of his career as a support striker and very few games in midfield. It was actually in Barcelona that he was pushed more to midfield

You mean fabregas carried Matic. The Fabregas that was throwing record high assists from CM. 19 league assists.

Chelsea scored 73 goals Fabregas scored or assisted 22 of them from Central midfield. Na that person you dey talk say dem carry?

Thats why I am an advocate of show us what you did on the field not hiding behind awards and nomination

This is the reason your arguments are most of the time flawed. You always base them on poor foundation. Gudjohnsen was an utility player for us but when Chelsea was dominating was known as a cm early those years .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ibime:

My nigga stop lying. Matic is making more passes per 90 minutes than Kante. I'm willing to put money on it o. Come and chop me.

I was literraly just about to edit thar out right now.

I mistook pass Kante's pass accuracy for his pass numbers.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:58pm On Jan 24, 2017
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 11:00pm On Jan 24, 2017
Griffon:

I'm with you brah ! cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
Griffon:

Kante can play as a DM cos he is one and so is Matic. Cesc is no DM and you must not be confused into thinking he is one 'cos he once worn the number 4 jersey at Arsenal.

The central midfielders in a 3-4-3 system have similar defensive roles to that of a 4-4-2. They are responsible for pressuring the ball and cutting out easy direct passes up to the forwards.

Also, it is crucial the midfielders win loose balls and tackle well when defending in a 3-4-3 system. CMs would constantly be aware of what is happening behind them, as they may be required to fill a central defensive cover spot at times in this system.

Matic has been doing this job since his days at Benfica. He came back to Chelsea, did perfectly fine on this same role. Next season, he's winning us the league and getting rated as the best DM in the country.

Fast-forward to 2016/17, Cesc Fabregas who knows nothing about DM business now knows a lot about the position than Matic? Please explain.

So the only midfielders allowed in 3-4-3 are DMs?

You are telling me you are gonna Bench Xavi for Matic if you wanna play 3-4-3 Cause of some theory

Like Fabregas didn't play the CM role against City

Make we bone the issue, I don't have the time
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nihilist:

3 flickons and one pass to Pedro for a golazo. Matic is not completing his partner anything. Kante is making not just more tackles and interceptions, he is making more at least 20 more passes than Matic per game, and is making more KEY PASSES per game.

Is that complementing? Cos that looks more like piggybacking to me.

Flickons you never saw in 2014/15. A well tailored pass to Kante against Manure and a pass to Pedro. These are headlines you never saw the season he was charging mates down in a 4-2-3-1.

Admit it that this dude is doing something different. He can't be Cesc 'cos he doesn't have that innate ability to create chances. He can't be a deep-playmaker.

I don't expect him to post more assists or even goals over Cesc 'cos he can't just compare with the latter who at some point in his career has played as a striker.

Matic is a DM and I would rather have him in a 3-4-3 over Cesc.

Nothing personal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 11:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
diggz:

Kesh I will like to know which combo you will rather have face liverpool in our next match; matic - Kante or Kante - fab ?

Kante -Fab of course

1-Liverpool don't play long balls so Matic's height is useless
2-Liverpool will Press us And anyone who has studied us would know once the ball falls to Matic or Cahill under pressure we are in trouble .......Every game we have lost this season has been games which we were pressed high, it was even worse when we had Terry, I'm, Matic and Cahill together

Against a team that isn't too physical, presses and doesn't play long balls.. ..I go with Fab

Infact even if they play long balls I go with Fabregas
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ibime:

My nigga stop lying. Kante is not making up to 5 more passes per 90 minutes than Matic. I'm willing to put money on it o. Come and chop me.

cheesy cheesy I don miss .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:13pm On Jan 24, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

You are telling me you are gonna Bench Xavi for Matic if you wanna play 3-4-3 Cause of some theory

You need to understand how every setup works and the personnel needed for it to thrive.

That Cesc played against Citeh and we won doesn't necessarily qualify him to be the ideal ninja for a 3-4-3. Do your research on this formation, check what is required of its CMs and weigh them with Cesc's attributes.

You can't know better than Conte who prefers a certain useless bean-pole Serbian.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2017
raumdeuter:

Chelsea scored 73 goals Fabregas scored or assisted 22 of them from Central midfield. Na that person you dey talk say dem carry?

By same reasoning, what do you call a midfielder whose team scored 176 goals in a season and he only scored or assisted 6 of them.

Fill in the blanks:

Pius E_nuch In_e_ta

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2017
dyabman:

I'm with you brah ! cool

You sef eh. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

Kante -Fab of course

2-Liverpool will Press us And anyone who has studied us would know once the ball falls to Matic or Cahill under pressure we are in trouble .......Every game we have lost this season has been games which we were pressed high, it was even worse when we had Terry, I'm, Matic and Cahill together

Against a team that isn't too physical, presses and doesn't play long balls.. ..I go with Fab

Ok I get your point, though I will go for matic and Kante.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 11:33pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ibime:

By same reasoning, what do you call a midfielder whose team scored 176 goals in a season and he only scored or assisted 6 of them.

Fill in the blanks:

Pius E_nuch In_e_ta

Lol baba Vanessa I see what you did there! !!

Pius Eunuch Iniesta
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:36pm On Jan 24, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

Kante -Fab of course

Have you seen Fabregas being pressed before?

Matic is calm and protects his ball. I don't know where you get the idea that Matic doesn't protect his ball. That is one of his strengths.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 11:43pm On Jan 24, 2017
elrony:

Lol baba Vanessa I see what you did there! !!

Pius Eunuch Iniesta

Must you talk lipsrsealed grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 11:57pm On Jan 24, 2017
dyabman:

Must you talk lipsrsealed grin

I no talk anything na angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:22am On Jan 25, 2017
Ibime:

Fill in the blanks:

Pius E_nuch In_e_ta

Raumdeuter disappeared swiftly like fadeyi oloro's jazz powder. 'Up barka ' fans won't like this.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:39am On Jan 25, 2017
Griffon:

Even if they're to lose to Cameroon, jet-lag should be a concern coming into the Chelsea game. He would probably need to sit-out our game.

Jetlag is due to time difference as the body adjusts between timezones and day and night.

Gabon should not be much different to UK in terms of time.

There's no reason why he cant fly back on 29th and play on the 1st. Twould be no different to Chelsea flying to Russia on Tuesday for UCL Wednesday match against CSKA.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:46am On Jan 25, 2017
Ibime:

Fill in the blanks:

Pius E_nuch In_e_ta

Ask the over 200 coaches and captains that keep voting him for awards year in year out like he is the only person

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:03am On Jan 25, 2017
Ibime:

Fill in the blanks:

Pius E_nuch In_e_ta

I first saw Iniesta back in 2008..the team were warming up and Iniesta stood out because of his almost translucent skin. But there was another reason he stood out.. he never made a single mistake during that warm up. Not even one. It felt as if time almost slowed when the ball came to him. He was in utter control of the football and absolutely aware of everything around him. It was absolutely fascinating to watch. I have watched his performances over the years, particularly in finals. And one thing that remained with me was how he always stood out in finals. Some people are so obsessed with tallying up goal these days.. but for me the true measure of greatness has always been performances against the best players in the world because those are the toughest matches and performances against the best are what truly separates the great from the very good. I remember when he was voted player of the tournament at Euro 2012 without scoring a single goal.. his performances were simply extraordinary that I remember Zidane saying at the time how excited he was at seeing Iniesta play and how much he reminded him of himself. Iniesta has always stood out when the best players meet, and consistently stood out in finals. He is simply a magician... a true footballing great.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:05am On Jan 25, 2017
Ibime:

By same reasoning, what do you call a midfielder whose team scored 176 goals in a season and he only scored or assisted 6 of them.]

A magician or eunuch
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 7:09am On Jan 25, 2017
Ibime:

Fill in the blanks:

Pius E_nuch In_e_ta

Don Iniesta...

This is one of those assists that won us the most important trophy and rate him higher than those 2nd class midfielders in your team.

Go and cry...

[img]http:///media/11-27-2015/9ErThY.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 8:28am On Jan 25, 2017
It's simple, What Matic offers defensively, Fabregas cannot offer. What Fabregas offers offensively, Matic cannot offer and like nateevs pointed out some times back, what we need is a blend of both worlds. If you feel Matic has declined with his abilities, it his due to the change of formation and his job role.

The fact that Matic is preferred to start is because defensive solidity comes first in COnte's tactics and when the opposition is worn out or less concentrated, Fabregas comes on to do the damage. IMO he is using them both effectively since he doesn't have one player to do both the jobs.

It is just pointless to compare Matic and Fabregas(whether in this new system or not) as they are not and will never be the same type of players. Fabregas himself says he is not fit for a 3-4-3 system. He claims he's still learning what to do which is evident when he said he has only played this system 3 times when we beat Leicester a short while back.

Who would i prefer?
As much as i like Fabregas for what he does attack wise, i just wish he had more legs to run more be more effective defensively. I like the way he is being utilised currently. Starting Fabregas in matches leaves us vulnerable at the back even if as much as people claim they don't see what matic does, we concede less starting with him.

My 2 cents.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:42am On Jan 25, 2017
Debroslink:

Don Iniesta...

The definition of a carryalong nigga.

6 ÷ 176 = 3%

Pius 3% Eunuch Iniesta

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:00am On Jan 25, 2017
One of the reason I hate stats in football, it doesn't really tell the story.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 9:00am On Jan 25, 2017
Ibime:

The definition of a carryalong nigga.

6 ÷ 176 = 3%

Pius 3% Eunuch Iniesta

Is this an escape tactic or what? This was between Matic and Fabregas, after seeing that your points weren't strong enough, you decided to divert to Iniesta's case grin

diggz:
Conte must have a good enuff reason why he gets to start ahead of fab. This already is a clear indication of who is better in that position. I don't know of anyone who has a coaching license here or who has coached before so, I am going with conte on this one.

Ibime, be like diggz and have respect for constituted authority!

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:03am On Jan 25, 2017
Nihilist:

Kante is carrying 6ft 4 Matic on his tiny shoulders and he never wreck. grin
You are criticizing matic's work due to stats. One of the reason I hate stat in football, it doesn't really tell the story.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:18am On Jan 25, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

Fab don't play regularly reason he's doing well in this formation when call upon. Fab is lazy defensively so he can't be played consistently in this type of formation. T
Yes! We all know fab>matic but the coach is not stupid and so far, his decision is producing result.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:34am On Jan 25, 2017
homesteady:

Is this an escape tactic or what? This was between Matic and Fabregas, after seeing that your points weren't strong enough, you decided to divert to Iniesta's case grin

grin grin

Warn your boy Iniesta o.

Last 3 seasons na so him contribution dey trend 3%, 3%, 3%

We will soon start calling him inflation, consumer price index or retail price index.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:35am On Jan 25, 2017
Nihilist:

Every game that fab has started this season, he has scored or assisted....including against Man City.

Confirm if I'm wrong.
you are wrong. He started against arsenal and he neither score nor assisted.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 10:30am On Jan 25, 2017
Greatihex:
you are wrong. He started against arsenal and he neither score nor assisted.
Our 'season' started against Hull

And the argument is based on the 3-4-3 setup.. ...Against Arsenal Fabregas played AM in 4-2-3-1

Tell us a game since we started playing 3-4-3 which Fab didn't score or assist

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2544) (2545) (2546) (2547) (2548) (2549) (2550) ... (19166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MorataFC, iykmora(m), BlueRayDick and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.