Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (725) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10528851 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (19166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:41pm On Dec 22, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Matic is the best DM in England, no debates there.

If only we can snap up Strootman, and have a midfield pivot of Matic Strootman, then It's a phucking demolition football next season cheesy
I prefer pogba over strootman, reason is that strootman n matic are left footers n play similar football unlike pogba who can play pivotal very well..oscar/poga to rotate. Sell mikel, salah n ramirez, sign reus, pogba, ake n van ginkel can cover for the midfield.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 22, 2014
hensben:
I prefer pogba over strootman, reason is that strootman n matic are left footers n play similar football unlike pogba who can play pivotal very well..oscar/poga to rotate. Sell mikel, salah n ramirez, sign reus, pogba, ake n van ginkel can cover for the midfield.

Pogba's valuation is a hell of a figure, we don't need to spend that much on a player who's not even a top priority.

If we're to provide Matic with a partner, it has to be a decent deep-lying midfielder who comes at a cheap price.

Having two deep-lying midfielders wouldn't just ensure we concede less but would also allow Cesc to move upfield and orchestrate play.

An expensive box-to-box midfielder like Pogba isn't what we need.

Isn't this mouth-watering?

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta

Strootman Matic

Reus Fabregas Hazard

Costa

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:02am On Dec 23, 2014
^^Drop your Oscar?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:18am On Dec 23, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Pogba's valuation is a hell of a figure, we don't need to spend that much on a player who's not even a top priority.

If we're to provide Matic with a partner, it has to be a decent deep-lying midfielder who comes at a cheap price.

Having two deep-lying midfielders wouldn't just ensure we concede less but would also allow Cesc to move upfield and orchestrate play.

An expensive box-to-box midfielder like Pogba isn't what we need.

Isn't this mouth-watering?

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta

Strootman Matic

Reus Fabregas Hazard

Costa
I agree with you and the formation is balance if we can get reus, strootman will be perfect
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:56am On Dec 23, 2014
Wrong thread
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:38am On Dec 23, 2014
John Terry has now scored in 15 EPL seasons
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 8:30am On Dec 23, 2014
AirborneLacer:
Referee Neil Swarbrick wasn't too impressive tonite.

Bardsley shouldn't have finished the game, not after that nasty lunge on Hazard and pulling of Costa's shirt to deny him a clear run at goal.

We look every inch like the Champs of England. Everyone worked for this victory.

This was the first of the four games in the EPL's festive period. It feels great to start up on a positive note. And most importantly, to maintain our 3points lead on the log.

Abeg who's the next victim?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 8:32am On Dec 23, 2014
AirborneLacer:
Referee Neil Swarbrick wasn't too impressive tonite.

Bardsley shouldn't have finished the game, not after that nasty lunge on Hazard and pulling of Costa's shirt to deny him a clear run at goal.

We look every inch like the Champs of England. Everyone worked for this victory.

This was the first of the four games in the EPL's festive period. It feels great to start up on a positive note. And most importantly, to maintain our 3points lead on the log.

Abeg who's the next victim?
bros na west ham o raping tins on chelsea's mind
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 8:42am On Dec 23, 2014
I dont see why the premier league board cannot give all the teams a week to rest,this could to lead to fatigue which could affect epl teams in champions' league
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 9:10am On Dec 23, 2014
pamcode:
bros na west ham o raping tins on chelsea's mind

west ham cannot harm us now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 9:27am On Dec 23, 2014
macjireh:

west ham cannot harm us now
yep bt i dont get why the league board cannot give the team one week of rest at least only the league in england will be busy this weekend and the next one in fact the german league will not be resuming until jan30
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:59am On Dec 23, 2014
Nice result against Stoke. I never watch match. If we are top by new Years day, the league is ours.

We have completed all out trips to the North except Hull away.

City, Everton, Liverpool, United, Stoke, Sunderland, Burnley and Newcastle all played away. No trip further than Leicester remaining, except for Hull.

City have a good run this Christmas period but if we stay ahead of them come January 1st, our fixtures should see us home from there.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 23, 2014
raumdeuter:
^^Drop your Oscar?

I've never been an Oscar fanboy, I tend to build defense for the lad when niggas like Ibime start hurling abuses at him.

We all know that he isn't a complete player, but he isn't useless. He's got potentials and works his socks off for the team, that must be appreciated and respected.

That said, I still believe Reus and Strootman are by miles better upgrades.

One ensures stability in our midfield, whilst the other provides us with a thrilling attacking outlet.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dawhizkid1(m): 10:54am On Dec 23, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Matic is the best DM in England, no debates there.

If only we can snap up Strootman, and have a midfield pivot of Matic Strootman, then It's a phucking demolition football next season cheesy

I always wonder how a pivot of this Matic and Prime Michael Essien would be. . . . . If we could find a player in the mould of Michael Essien in his prime, we'd be invincible. Pogba is really close to that, but I'm watching him a lot recently and I think the defensive side of his game is a bit overrated. He makes a few tackles here and there tho. Maybe Jose can make him a proper pivot player. I'm not really bothered about the price tag, I'm sure if Chelsea wants him, we can get him for a lot less than the quoted £70m, plus top teams spend a lot of achieve world Domination, ala Real Madrid last season.

I know some people will argue that a purchase like that will hinder youth integration into the first team, but I doubt. If we get a player in the mould of Michael Essien, with a proper blend of Brain, Sleek and Brawn, We can move Mikel and Ramires. That's leaves a slot, that will most likely be filled with a home grown player because our team is sorta short of Home grown quota once Terry retires. Any Good Academy player can take that spot. The most ready of Bamford, Loftus-Cheek, Baker and Chalobah can snap up that spot. Well, this na how I see things.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dawhizkid1(m): 11:14am On Dec 23, 2014
lalaboi:
Oluwa o. . Who jinxed Costa/?

Why does Willian get so much games and bore us with his pathetic performances? He needs to taste the bench for some time abeg.

Costa has been a bit off since that injury, yesterday he had a very good game, shame he didn't score. He was a complete nuisance for the Stoke centre backs. He moved them left, right and centre, his movement created space for that Fabregas goal. He will come good, he'll still hit 20-25 goals this season in all competitions, and that's a success for a first season if you asked me.

And Willian is so underrated here, it hurts me. I know his decision making is not the best and his output could be better, but he brings so much to the team's stability. I don't know if you guys notice it too but Ivanovic has no been that solid this season, and Willian has been responsible for covering his A.ss every single game. Ivanovic moves way up the pitch and he doesn't have the energy to track back, Willian does that for him everytime. Sometimes, it feels like Willian is playing a defensive Right forward and Ivanovic is playing an offensive right full back position, for lack of better description.

The weakness in our right flank is exposed whenever Willian is absent or out of position. We conceded two detrimental goes from that weakness this season and each time Willian wasn't there to cover Ivanovic. The goal against City and the one against United.

Schurrle is the better player going forward, but Willian's all round game is better and works a lot for stability of the team. Plus Schurrle need to learn to pass, he opts to shoot too often and I maybe be reading to much into this but it seems like his teammates are not very happy with him. For example, when he scored against derby, Only Azpilicueta ran to celebrate with him. Only Cesar. Although he scored with that shot, Costa was in space in a better position but he didn't pass.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 23, 2014
dawhizkid1:

I always wonder how a pivot of this Matic and Prime Michael Essien would be. . . . . If we could find a player in the mould of Michael Essien in his prime, we'd be invincible. Pogba is really close to that, but I'm watching him a lot recently and I think the defensive side of his game is a bit overrated. He makes a few tackles here and there tho. Maybe Jose can make him a proper pivot player. I'm not really bothered about the price tag, I'm sure if Chelsea wants him, we can get him for a lot less than the quoted £70m, plus top teams spend a lot of achieve world Domination, ala Real Madrid last season.

I know some people will argue that a purchase like that will hinder youth integration into the first team, but I doubt. If we get a player in the mould of Michael Essien, with a proper blend of Brain, Sleek and Brawn, We can move Mikel and Ramires. That's leaves a slot, that will most likely be filled with a home grown player because our team is sorta short of Home grown quota once Terry retires. Any Good Academy player can take that spot. The most ready of Bamford, Loftus-Cheek, Baker and Chalobah can snap up that spot. Well, this na how I see things.

Are we looking at Wilson Palacios here? cheesy

Pogba's defensive side of the game is on the average, you did observe well. I see him to be more of a box-to-box midfielder.

TBH there are few decent DMs out there. It got that bad, that Bayern had to go snap up an ageing Xabi Alonso.

Can we price Javi Martinez away from Pep?

He is another bloke who knows how the deep-lying midfield role works.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dawhizkid1(m): 11:34am On Dec 23, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Are we looking at Wilson Palacios here? cheesy

Pogba's defensive side of the game is on the average, you did observe well. I see him to be more of a box-to-box midfielder.

TBH there are few decent DMs out there. It got that bad, that Bayern had to go snap up an ageing Xabi Alonso.

Can we price Javi Martinez away from Pep?

He is another bloke who knows how the deep-lying midfield role works.

I love Javi Martinez, but there's no way you're prizing him away from Bayern.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2014
dawhizkid1:
And Willian is so underrated here, it hurts me. I know his decision making is not the best and his output could be better, but he brings so much to the team's stability. I don't know if you guys notice it too but Ivanovic has no been that solid this season, and Willian has been responsible for covering his A.ss every single game. Ivanovic moves way up the pitch and he doesn't have the energy to track back, Willian does that for him everytime. Sometimes, it feels like Willian is playing a defensive Right forward and Ivanovic is playing an offensive right full back position, for lack of better description.

The weakness in our right flank is exposed whenever Willian is absent or out of position. We conceded two detrimental goes from that weakness this season and each time Willian wasn't there to cover Ivanovic. The goal against City and the one against United.

The emboldened lines though, so spot on.

Ivanovic is contributing a lot less to the defense this season than he did last term.

Majority of our tackles have moved higher up the pitch. Thus, the increase in attempted tackles likely indicate that Ivanovic is playing further up than in the past, and this is corroborated by the significant decrease in defensive actions.

To many, our weakest link is the right side, hence Jose would deploy Willian to spare Ivanovic's blushes.

This is why we need another Matic, Mikel is too slow for this sorta role.

Two effective deep-lying midfielders would give our full-backs the freedom to push upfield and provide us with extra-width. Also, there wouldn't be a need to have an attacking midfielder tracking back every now and then to spare the blushes of the full-backs.

This is exactly how I see it.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 11:11pm On Dec 23, 2014
We have recorded five clean sheets in our last six league fixtures. cool

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 24, 2014
Prior to Chelsea v Westham

'We can do anything,

He (Big Sam) knows just as much as us how to beat managers, their tactics.

'He knows what they are going to do against us. It's just a game of chess, really, looking a move ahead.

He's not the same every week. He wants to win, but you've got to watch the teams, how they're playing, how we're going to break them down and win the game.

He's got loads of different ways of attacking, we've got loads of dimensions to go forward. That's what our qualities are at the minute.'

He's brought in some great players.

'He's changed the team around a lot and the players he's brought in have settled in nicely.

All the lads are buzzing about at the minute, and it comes from that really: the manager's choice of players and how he wants to play now.

We're playing great football, and I think any team that we play against is going to be worried about us.

We've got more than one attacking option: play it on the floor, play it in the air, down the sides.

There's a belief. Everyone's flying at the minute. Everyone's looking forward to every game.

Every week we're thinking, oh there's another three points, potentially''.

- Carroll

This is some serious threat cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by humblesteve(m): 12:35pm On Dec 24, 2014
i dislike people who talks much while not keep shut, should reverse be the case u won't get urself hurt.

Boss jm must make sure he disappoints this fellow!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 8:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
A merry xmas to you all
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
Odunharry:
A merry xmas to you all

Same to you mate.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:26am On Dec 25, 2014
There is no midfielder like Xavi. Iniesta always lived off Xavis work. Xavi controlled, dictated and created, Iniesta was the dribbler who looked sleek without having the same effect, and has been unable to have effect since Xavis ankles gave way.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:27am On Dec 25, 2014
Where is our Chelsea no10 on this list?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:47am On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Christmas to my fellow widows Blues: Airbornelacer, Ibime, nateevs, torres2; and our antagonists: raumdeuter, coogar etc

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SetrakusRa(m): 9:49am On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Xmas to all the Rent boys smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 10:28am On Dec 25, 2014
Merry christmas to all the blues' family,we rule man starting from chelseabmw,chimerase,Noah13,cfc fan,torres,hazardd, and others merry christmas and happy new year,ktbffh

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Hazardd(m): 11:09am On Dec 25, 2014
pamcode:
Merry christmas to all the blues' family,we rule man starting from chelseabmw,chimerase,Noah13,cfc fan,torres,hazardd, and others merry christmas and happy new year,ktbffh
the same to you dear
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 12:03pm On Dec 25, 2014
pamcode:

Same to u bro.... Oshee!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Christmas to the polytechnic crew.
Merry Christmas to all the poly aspirants.
Merry Christmas to those that have been watching Chelsea since the reign of the Persian empire.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 4:53pm On Dec 25, 2014
CFCfan:
Merry Christmas to my fellow widows Blues: Airbornelacer, Ibime, nateevs, torres2; and our antagonists: raumdeuter, coogar etc

Wish you de same....but why am I not on the list?
CFCfan:

Wish you de same....but why am I not on the list?

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (19166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.