Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,863 members, 7,956,265 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:49 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (819) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11219817 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) ... (19975) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 1:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
Bimffo:

From 2002-2010, it was only Barca that was recognised as a Spanish power house in Europe.

Can we also say Spanish League was on Decline then..?

real madrid was shyte then.their golden squad which had the likes of zizou and ronaldo where in the twilight of their carreers.and after the era of these players,it took them more years to put together a formidable squad and become a force to be reckoned with in europe.thanks to mourinho though.

Nihilist:
English success on the continent is inextricably linked, and owes much to Manyoo's success on the continent.
real talk. Plus the emergence of chelsea who have appeared in 6 semis over the last 10years.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 1:14pm On Feb 27, 2015
I wonder how this yokohama of a name will look infront the jersey.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TreQuartista: 1:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
Emaprince:
I wonder how this yokohama of a name will look infront the jersey.

cry embarassed cry embarassed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TreQuartista: 1:55pm On Feb 27, 2015
AirborneLacer:
How come no one is saying a thing about the mammoth new sponsorship deal we sealed – the second biggest in Premier League history?

Na who sure pass - Marina, Purslow or Abramovich? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TreQuartista: 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
sawyer89:
* Chelsea announce a five-year deal with the Yokohama
Rubber Company
* The Japanese firm will be shirt sponsors at the start
of the 2015/16 season
* It's the second highest deal in English football behind
Manchester United
* Its double the amount of their current 10-year deal
with Samsung
* The shirt sponsorship deal worth nearly £40m a year
Source: www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2970907/Chelsea-announce-mega-shirt-sponsorship-deal-agreeing-lucrative-five-year-deal-Yokohama-Rubber-Company-Ltd.html

Thunda faya Ron Gourlay! The didirin just dey dull us ni. Turkish Airlines come dey take us do shakara on top £25M.

Na this kain deal I dey pray for since. Manure na £53M, we na £40M. Great deal!

What a fantastic deal! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHF0L3EIdp0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 2:18pm On Feb 27, 2015

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
Nihilist:
The EPL isn't in decline. It only looks that way due to the collapse of Manyoo.

Champions League finalists should theoretically represent the best their leagues have to offer.

Over the last twenty years, the same teams have more or less represented their leagues at the Champions League final.

A Spanish contender at the finals was almost invariably Madrid or Barca. Italians were usually Milan or Juve. Germany was almost exclusively represented by Bayern with Dortmund providing the odd cameo.

While England has been represented 9 times at the final over the last 20 years , Manyoo had been responsible for almost half of those appearances(4 times), with Liverpool and Chelsea appearing twice, and Le Arse just once.

Moreover in the same time period only one English team(Manyoo twice) has won the cup more than once, while the likes of Bayern, Madrid, and Barca have been chopping steady.

English success on the continent is inextricably linked, and owes much to Manyoo's success on the continent.

Every league has a mascot, ours just died. Hopefully Chelsea can bring the Sexy back.

That's my opinion on the 'decline' of English football

I disagree.

While Man Utd has been the most successful English side in recent times. The rise of the other small side was what gave rise to the English league wave. Before 2005, when English teams were useless in the CL, No one thought much of the league though Man Utd was making waves

It was until Liverpool (2 finals) Chelsea 2 finals all started competing consistently in the business end of the CL before people took the league serious.

You dont need to make the CL final before teams start respecting you. Chelsea made one final between 2004- 2011 yet they were one of the most feared sides even more than Liverpool who made more finals.

Currently the power of Barcelona Madrid and Atletico is whats giving the Spanish league much more relevance compared to between 2005- 2010 when Barcelona was the only team doing it in the CL

The emergence of Dortmund is what has been giving the Buli more relevance in the CL discussion regardless of what Bayern has been doing for years

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:46pm On Feb 27, 2015
raumdeuter:
While Man Utd has been the most successful English side in recent times. The rise of the other small side was what gave rise to the English league wave. Before 2005, when English teams were useless in the CL, No one thought much of the league though Man Utd was making waves

but without the consistent performance at the top level by united, the other small teams wouldn't have had a sniff. it was united that ran the coefficients high enough to allow 2 more english clubs in the competition.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
coogar:

but without the consistent performance at the top level by united, the other small teams wouldn't have had a sniff. it was united that ran the coefficients high enough to allow 2 more english clubs in the competition.

Not completely true.

The competition itself was expanded and allowed more teams to come in

From 1 per country to 2 to when ENgland had 3. You can say the exploits of Man Utd in CL and Chelsea/Arsenal in UEFA/Winners cup helped these coefficients.

If Serie A continues their exploits in the Europa league(5 Italian clubs won their Europa clashes yesterday and they would get more points than Juventus sole win), they might get back their CL 4 places
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
raumdeuter:

I disagree.

It was until Liverpool (2 finals) Chelsea 2 finals all started competing consistently in the business end of the CL before people took the league serious.

You dont need to make the CL final before teams start respecting you. Chelsea made one final between 2004- 2011 yet they were one of the most feared sides even more than Liverpool who made more finals.

Currently the power of Barcelona Madrid and Atletico is whats giving the Spanish league much more relevance compared to between 2005- 2010 when Barcelona was the only team doing it in the CL

The emergence of Dortmund is what has been giving the Buli more relevance in the CL discussion regardless of what Bayern has been doing for years

I think we're saying the same thing but slightly differently.

Manyoo, Madrid/Barca, Bayern, Milan/Juve have predominantly been the Mascots of their respective leagues.

The fact that these 6 teams have completely dominated the finals means that other teams from their respective leagues realistically are in only the competition to make up the numbers.

Hence if Madrid or Barca were to miss out on CL football for one season, then there would inevitably be talk of a Spanish decline...even if 3 other Spanish teams make it semifinals.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 7:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
Boys getting set

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
TreQuartista:

Na who sure pass - Marina, Purslow or Abramovich? cheesy

Marina Granovskala of course.

She's the figure who's capable of selling fire to satan himself (Nihilist's line though) cheesy

She's been Roman's PA for two freaking decades and has been involved in most of the decisions taken at the club.

Na just for 2013 we decided to formalise her role. We were not going to expand our main board beyond Buck, Marina and Tenenbaum. At the end of the day, it was Granovskaia who called the shots.

She's been overseeing contract negotiations and transfer deals. She's the same devil who'd drug the representatives and sign the cheque cheesy

Check; Luiz, KDB, Torres, Mata, Lukaku, Yokohama deal, not to mention the shrewd acquisition of Cesc, Costa and Luis.

Deals Peter Kenyon and co found tough, Marina is nailing down with ease.

It's either the reps that meets her yields to the power of the punany or she's simply amazing.

Either way, we gotta be glad that we've got the most powerful woman in football.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Haywhymido(m): 10:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
sincerely, i will miss d sight of samsung on d ever beautiful chelsea jersey. Hope dey will make d yokohama name look sexy on it too. One thing remain constant we will always remain a blu team no matter d deal. One love my blu brothers n sisters. #ktbffh

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
But then we still have to appreciate Roman for his unwavering support.

It was his decision to have his PA work at the club.

He knew Marina has got it, so he went for her, ditching the once reliable Kenyon in the process.

Roman remains the best.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 10:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
AirborneLacer:
But then we still have to appreciate Roman for his unwavering support.

It was his decision to have his PA work at the club.

He knew Marina has got it, so he went for her, ditching the once reliable Kenyon in the process.

Roman remains the best.
Trophies should just follow that's all i am expecting.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
Tval:
Trophies should just follow that's all i am expecting.

Winning laurels runs in our DNA.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 10:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Winning laurels runs in our DNA.
loooool

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 10:53pm On Feb 27, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:30pm On Feb 27, 2015
While we were watching Arsenal get destroyed last night, Kanye debuted this tune live on ITV.

ITV blocked most of it out, but trust youtube to bring it back in hilarious fashion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AbNKKOgjbU#t=104
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
Tval:

i expect Keky to ignore this as the ucl trophy ignore them every year

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 1:08am On Feb 28, 2015
Wow.. More Money, More Beauty..

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:50am On Feb 28, 2015
Great deal...

But mehn, this "YOKOHAMA" won't as sexy as the "SAMSUNG" we have all gotten used to over the years.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:53am On Feb 28, 2015
bigkesh:
i expect Keky to ignore this as the ucl trophy ignore them every year

Loool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2015
‘This is the most important cup final of my career because
it’s the next one.

It’s more important than the Champions League finals,
more important than the other cups I played before.

The other ones are in the club museums. My medals are
somewhere at home. The most important game of my
career is the next one, no doubts about it.

We play on Sunday and then on Monday we have to train
again. It doesn’t matter what the result is, we must be here
on Monday thinking about the game on Wednesday. You
have no time to celebrate for a week; you don’t have time
to be crying for a week.’

- Mourinho

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2015
All these English refs sef...

Look at that clown sending Brown off instead of O'shea.

Shocking. Embarrassing. Ridiculous.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 6:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
Incompetent Idìots
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
timbros:
All these English refs sef...

Look at that clown sending Brown off instead of O'shea.

Shocking. Embarrassing. Ridiculous.
EPL = Fuji House of Commotion

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
A40:

EPL = Fuji House of Commotion

I swear!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kinggenesis(m): 9:15am On Mar 01, 2015
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 11:55am On Mar 01, 2015
If Anthony Taylor should try any nonsense today ehn. . .

The thunder that will faya him just finished a round of press-up angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
I'll go with this:

Courtois, Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry, Azpilicueta; Ramires, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Costa

Ramires looks like the only set-back in that line-up though.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
Liverpool you aint walking alone you know.

We phucking got your back.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) ... (19975) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: izzou(m), chrisley024(m), nihilistjnr, fredoooooo, dostr4(m), MeniMeni, Jamiuokolaa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.